KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Just Ordered a Mackie CFX12 :) Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:59 pm 
Which witch is which?   LMAO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Hey Lonnie

I was thinking of getting a Rack Case and was wondering if it was going to be ok to use my BBE into my new mackie before the Amp?  I usually hook it up at the insert of my Bose L1. after the mix.  any Idears?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
mroctober,

Welcome to the world of Mackie! LOL   I love mine.  Been using it for almost 6 years now.  Even have a second one I keep at home.  My main one is mounted in my gig rig.

Have a question that i hope you can answer.  I use all Mackie. 450's, 1501 sub and even have a second 1500 sub.  I do karaoke, and also sing for private shows and have a foursome group where we do shows.  Now getting around to the question:  I have been tempted to look into the Bose system such as yours.  How does it compare to the mackie's?  My fear is that it won't have the same "kick" when you need it.

I have seen other forums where Mackies user have made the switch; but am told that in order to have the same "kick" as the Mackies system you would need 2- L1's and 4 sub bins.

Would like your opinion.  Don't like the high cost, but defiantly like the lesser weight.

Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

there is a good forum for the bose users that would probably answer your question better than I could.
I will be recieving my Mackie CFX2 tomorrow. cant wait to try it out at my show on wed.  go here and snoop around youll find lots of info.

http://bose.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/867107664

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks,  But, how do YOU like it?  Does it put out enough volume for you?

Thanks,

Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman @ Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:35 pm wrote:
mroctober @ Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:32 pm wrote:
Lonman
I think you use one of these Mackie's......   do you suggest I run My CD+G thru the 9/10 11/12 Channels instead of the Tape In ?

Oh, but of course!   :D
I don't care what mixer anyone runs, the tape in's should not be used.  Even if you have to use 2 separate channels to get both inputs, do it.  The channel strips are better for everything as you can send the signal to the monitor, add effects if needed, & most importantly - EQ capability.  Not all songs are recorded equally & some do require eq adjustments.
AND!....you can also attenuate the inputs like you would a mic.....CD players are notorious for inputting a too-hot signal into any mixing board....patching in thru 2 mic strips is a sure way to fix that, just make sure to meter the cd input and tweek the input gain like you would a mic!

Some better mixers offer a CD input with a switched input gain, some even mo-better mixers offer a CD input with a fully varible input gain pot.....not the Mackie or any like it in that price range, tho.

I've edited this to explain why CD players import a too-hot signal into your mixing board:

Your pro level KJ CDG player is too much like any consumer grade home stereo CD player...It really is.....It is offered and sold as a pro Karaoke player, but it is designed electronically to connect to a home stereo system, not a pro audio stage system....

Yes, there is a difference between home audio and pro audio....a big difference that isn't apparent...the difference isn't apparent even at the cables jacks sometimes....The cable jacks will allow you to connect a any CD player to your pro level mixer, but that don't mean all is good.

The difference is electronic.

Your pro mixer is not designed to input home/consumer grade audio equipment....The input levels of pro differ greatly from home/consumer grade stuff....but all CD and CDG players offer only home/consumer grade outputs.....So any player you input to you mixer needs to be properly(electronically) matched at the input to the mixer.

There are several ways to do this. The easiest is when you patch the player into the L/R mic stereo inputs and simply use the mixer input twisty and meters to attenuate the strips gain to proper pro levels.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:32 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
mroctober @ Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:16 am wrote:
Hey Lonnie

I was thinking of getting a Rack Case and was wondering if it was going to be ok to use my BBE into my new mackie before the Amp?  I usually hook it up at the insert of my Bose L1. after the mix.  any Idears?

Hook it up between the mixer & Bose system - although you may find you don't need it.  Try it both ways.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm 

I think I have been to your show in Jackson, TN. Is it at the bar by O Charlies?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Beester,

Yes it is.  Come back again.  Wednesday & Saturdays.

Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh yes I have done outdoor partys and many different sized clubs and have never needed to crank it up. One L1 with one bass unit can Handle up to a 600 to 800 person crowd. I do a solo Singing act that consist's of sinatra and the crooners and alot of 70's and it works well for me. set up is 15 to 20 min instead of an hour. and it all fits in the small bed of my Ford Sport Trac.  3 to 4 trips to the truck.
the good thing about it is nomatter where you are in the club either right in front of the cylidrical Radiator or in the back it sounds the same...people can talk over it. its weird but it works :)

There is a setting for more bass at higher volume. and pre mic settings for all kinds of mic's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Maybe Lonman can awnser this:  I'm wanting to find an electrical cord for my CFX12 that has a 90 degree female end. (help in fitting into my gig rig better.)  Any ideas where I can find one?

Thanks,

Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:49 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Like this
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?c ... &sku=03152

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
I found one in my computer junk it immediately went on the dfx12......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Lonman. :D

Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Lonnie

I did a show lastnight with my new CFX12  wow what a difference in sound. and it looks alot cooler than my Berengher. The effects are outstanding. I dont need my BBE at all. I got my CFX12 at 11am by fed Ex and had 4 hours to get to play with it before  setting up for my show. the show went real well. I can say now that my system is where I wanted it to be. tear down last night was 20 min. the sound was great.
between lastnight and tonights show this new toy will be paid off by tomorrow.

well maybe I'll buy just one more thing......After looking at my CFX12 I see it has a sub woofer out XLR connection... I may get a powered Sub and see if that sounds any better. I can just stuff it under my table skirt.

MrOctober is now a Mackie Fan..

oh by the way The manual had me laughing...it looks like those people at Mackie have alot of fun at work. there is actually plenty of intentional humor in the manual itself. and even funnier in the credits for the manual.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:44 am 

sang Unchained Melody or some jpurney.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mr October,

The 1501 0r bigger 1801 Mackie sub is great.  Just wondering though, how does a regular sub configuration interwork with you Bose Pas System.  I am SOOOOooo tempted to try out one of those.   LOL

Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Since the mixer is before the BOSE I'll Just get the sub from the mixer itself before the BOSE. if that dont work out too well i can allways hook the sub to the bose sub out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mroctober @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:41 am wrote:
Thanks Lonnie

I did a show lastnight with my new CFX12  wow what a difference in sound. and it looks alot cooler than my Berengher. The effects are outstanding. I dont need my BBE at all. I got my CFX12 at 11am by fed Ex and had 4 hours to get to play with it before  setting up for my show. the show went real well. I can say now that my system is where I wanted it to be. tear down last night was 20 min. the sound was great.
between lastnight and tonights show this new toy will be paid off by tomorrow.

well maybe I'll buy just one more thing......After looking at my CFX12 I see it has a sub woofer out XLR connection... I may get a powered Sub and see if that sounds any better. I can just stuff it under my table skirt.

MrOctober is now a Mackie Fan..

oh by the way The manual had me laughing...it looks like those people at Mackie have alot of fun at work. there is actually plenty of intentional humor in the manual itself. and even funnier in the credits for the manual.

Well glad you like it.  Now you are in the "idiot" league that actually spent money & realized it DID produce better sound than the cheaper lookalike!!   :no:  J/K, i'm sure the cheaper one you thought sounded fine until now because there was no comparable reference up to this point.

A powered sub will in fact make a difference.  With the Bose system, a small 15" sub should work fine.  Like stated, the Mackie powered 15" is a killer little sub.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Now you are in the "idiot" league that actually spent money & realized it DID produce better sound!!   :no: J/K
I saw that Lonnie :wave: