KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Just won my first Ebay bid..woohoo Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Got Mine from Todd too...didnt know he was here as well...he has other sets too and sells CD+G players every weekend..ill keep an eye out for one

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I will be watching for his auctions in the future.

Here's another site that I found using froogle search. http://www.ioffer.com. I just made a puchase through their site but it may be two weeks before I get the mics I bought from them. If you're cool with haggling, I recomend giving them a look.

Here is a link for example SM58 corded mics for $50 with shipping. http://www.ioffer.com/i/SHURE-SM58S-VOC ... h-10031938

I will let you guys know if I got ripped off. I will also let you know if I get addicted.

If this post crosses a line, I will be happy to edit it. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I got a few cars from Ebay... many MANY items, and only one or two crooks! I was quite pleased with all my purchases!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
i have bought many many cd's and put together 2 or 3 systems and computers on ebay. My credit isnt worth a crap but I do have a positive rating on ebay of about 160 with no negative feedbacks ever...I have never been burned on ebay... I recently bought a usb to ps/2 converter after i bought it I noticed it was out of Hong Kong I more or less blew it off and went down to Walmart and bought one.. In about 3 weeks it showed up...I grew up with farm auctions and trips to the sales barn...The excitement and furor even on the net is the same thing...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:43 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
I could use some recommendations for reputable CD-G sellers...  :oh yeah:  I've never purchased CD's, tapes or anything of that sort on Ebay.  playback devices yes, music itself, not yet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:08 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:43 am wrote:
I could use some recommendations for reputable CD-G sellers...  :oh yeah:  I've never purchased CD's, tapes or anything of that sort on Ebay.  playback devices yes, music itself, not yet
Follow the same rules you already have set in place. Make sure to read the feedback and know the cost of shipping before you buy.

Try hilltod first.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:57 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I'm VERY familiar with Ebay,  I was a volunteer on the Buyer's bboard as well as the Feedback bboard, Until I got sick of the "pinks" not being able to control the trolls that kept changing names to harass the volunteers (buyers/sellers), while Ebay community rooms exercized selective censorship... Dang trolls...(critters that can't even get an AOL account), people that kept changing identities to harrass volunteers, while we got pink slapped during the rare ocassion a pink would actually show.  Anyway, that aside... Since I never bought CD's...

I just would like a few recommendations as to whom folks I know find to be trustworthy good sources, people that bother to ship with decent packaging, reasonable S&H, etc... Someone who's prices are extremely competitive..etc..   I'd rather support somebody a few I know buy from.. Save the time of parusing feedback, and description.. I don't want to spend alot of time combing thru thousands of descriptions, if people already have sources they really like... I'm tired of the "buyer beware" guard.  Just for once, if I make a small purchase, I don't want to bother with scrutinizing a person...

I did enjoy buying Snap-on, Matco, Cornwell, and Mac tools tho   LOL

Speaking of which,  time to look at Chrome Vanadium miniature tools.... WIHA perhaps.

(Mr. O is going to feel compelled to comment on this of course LOL    )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yeah CHuck,  I'm looking at the SM-58's now.....$35 is too low for those, something's got to be going on here  LOL

I need to see if this person has any decent Mackie mixers for about $40... 16 channel powered of course  LMAO

ADDED IN:

Good luck Chuck, you took a risk I personally wouldn't take... Buyer has 14 completed transactions, and 80 of those microphones ?   Hmmmm...  Is in China ?
Has been a member for 11 months roughly.

He has 5 Beta-58's for 40 bucks a pop ?

WOW

Rating Summary
Overall Past 7 days Past month Past 6 mo.
21 Positive by 17 unique users  0 0 5
33 Unrated Transactions  1 3 13
1 Neutral  0 0 0
3 Negative by 3 unique users  0 0 1

Sure you can haggle, but what type POMG, or venue protection do you have in case of fraud ?  Return policy ?

The prices look excellent.  I'm just wondering how much additional risk this type seller might be ?  I don't know.  It's been over three years since I've been active on Ebay.  Things change,  new buying situations occur constantly.  I'd gladly purchase a few Beta-58's... Maybe Safetrade would give me POMG ?  Not sure... I don't recall the details...  If those are new, and he comes thru, you did do very well Chuck !  I usually used past history as the sole determination of what type of POMG I could assume.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Does anyone already have the dangerous cdgs ? I do and the Mr. Rogers song is hilarious at the end where it says" hi karaoke neighbor can you say " compulsory "
thought that was funny! LOL

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
I could use some recommendations for reputable CD-G sellers...    I've never purchased CD's, tapes or anything of that sort on Ebay.  playback devices yes, music itself, not yet

Ive already mentioned this here but really think its worth mentioning again please do not buy from sherismedia or sherinhouston both are the same cheating crazy lunatic.

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:05 pm wrote:
Yeah CHuck,  I'm looking at the SM-58's now.....$35 is too low for those, something's got to be going on here  LOL

I need to see if this person has any decent Mackie mixers for about $40... 16 channel powered of course  LMAO

ADDED IN:

Good luck Chuck, you took a risk I personally wouldn't take... Buyer has 14 completed transactions, and 80 of those microphones ?   Hmmmm...  Is in China ?
Has been a member for 11 months roughly.

He has 5 Beta-58's for 40 bucks a pop ?

WOW

Rating Summary
Overall Past 7 days Past month Past 6 mo.
21 Positive by 17 unique users  0 0 5
33 Unrated Transactions  1 3 13
1 Neutral  0 0 0
3 Negative by 3 unique users  0 0 1

Sure you can haggle, but what type POMG, or venue protection do you have in case of fraud ?  Return policy ?

The prices look excellent.  I'm just wondering how much additional risk this type seller might be ?  I don't know.  It's been over three years since I've been active on Ebay.  Things change,  new buying situations occur constantly.  I'd gladly purchase a few Beta-58's... Maybe Safetrade would give me POMG ?  Not sure... I don't recall the details...  If those are new, and he comes thru, you did do very well Chuck !  I usually used past history as the sole determination of what type of POMG I could assume.
Common sense also argues against it, but what the heck?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:38 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
So Maninblack, have you received the set yet?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:41 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Karaoke  Kelley @ Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:22 am wrote:
Quote:
I could use some recommendations for reputable CD-G sellers...    I've never purchased CD's, tapes or anything of that sort on Ebay.  playback devices yes, music itself, not yet

Ive already mentioned this here but really think its worth mentioning again please do not buy from sherismedia or sherinhouston both are the same cheating crazy lunatic.

I must've got lucky, I bought several discs from her (sheriinhouston), all originals & all shipped very speedy.  But it was quite awhile ago when she had good feedback.  I only buy from 96% positive or higher.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:48 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:

Nothing wrong with taking certain risks Chuck.  That's what life's about... Sometimes it's the "shot in the dark", that get's us 4 beta-58's at 1/3 retail cost...  It's about HOW much of a risk we take... I would never wire money to a stranger in an off-Ebay transaction for a 2K computer however. It's all about degree of risk... Feedback profile is something I believe is of utmost importance, but as I've stated, I haven't been active on Ebay in a few years.... Types of buying and selling change...and evolve...I can't comment on a venue I'm not at all familiar with. I used to enjoy areas such as playing :Sherlocke: and turning in shill bidders, scam-artists...etc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:48 pm wrote:
Quote:

Nothing wrong with taking certain risks Chuck.  That's what life's about... Sometimes it's the "shot in the dark", that get's us 4 beta-58's at 1/3 retail cost...  It's about HOW much of a risk we take... I would never wire money to a stranger in an off-Ebay transaction for a 2K computer however. It's all about degree of risk... Feedback profile is something I believe is of utmost importance, but as I've stated, I haven't been active on Ebay in a few years.... Types of buying and selling change...and evolve...I can't comment on a venue I'm not at all familiar with. I used to enjoy areas such as playing :Sherlocke: and turning in shill bidders, scam-artists...etc
I found out recently that Sherlock, spelled Thearlaich, is the Scottish name for Charles. This seems to be the most reasonable word that Chuck might be short for.

A rose by any other name...

...after reading the profile for sheri... etc. I would be very cautious of buying from her myself. I almost bid on an auction by her but her hidden feedback motivated me to just walk away. It doesn't look good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman @ Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:38 pm wrote:
So Maninblack, have you received the set yet?

Not yet, it got shipped out on Friday, so it should be here no later than Tuesday. I can't wait, there's some very cool tunes in that set. I'm sure I'll post an update on it, so I'll let ya know what I think.
James
Maninblack

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:48 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Sheri ???  OK,  you were responding to someone else in here regarding precautions

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Okay, I just won my second bid on an item. A friend of mine also wanted the Dangerous Series. This time I got it for 10.50 plus shipping.....WOOHOOOOOOO
Now what my friend doesn't know is that he will be paying for the more expensive of the two....LOL
Either way it's a heck of a deal.
My only fear in getting things like this so cheap is, doesn't the seller have the option to deny the bid if they feel it's too low for their merchandise?
I'm still reading all the fine print thingys at Ebay, jeeze there's a lot of junk to look through.
But anyway at the moment, I'm one happy camper.
I think it's about time for a Serenity prayer, cos yeah I'm one hooked puppy. :D

James
Maninblack

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:16 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

maninblack @ Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:17 pm wrote:
Okay, I just won my second bid on an item. A friend of mine also wanted the Dangerous Series. This time I got it for 10.50 plus shipping.....WOOHOOOOOOO
Now what my friend doesn't know is that he will be paying for the more expensive of the two....LOL
Either way it's a heck of a deal.
My only fear in getting things like this so cheap is, doesn't the seller have the option to deny the bid if they feel it's too low for their merchandise?
I'm still reading all the fine print thingys at Ebay, jeeze there's a lot of junk to look through.
But anyway at the moment, I'm one happy camper.
I think it's about time for a Serenity prayer, cos yeah I'm one hooked puppy. :D

James
Maninblack

I've never had a problem with a too low of a bid.  The seller has an option to place a starting bid & even can set a 'reserve' price - the price that they will actually sell it for.  If there was no reserve price set & the auction ends with your bid, you are pretty much good to go.  I've got several discs that they've started the bid out at $.01 & I got them - now of course the shipping cost was approx $10 (about $9 more than it should have been), but it was still a better deal than I wouldv'e got from any other sources.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Forgot to tell Ya's I recieved My Dangerous Set Three days after I ordered it. Not a bad set actually.....the pink floyd sucks but there are some great oldies on there like "Dear mr Fantasy" and some others I cant Remember. anyway The price was right and "Hilltodd" shipped it to me so quick I couldnt believe it.
If you dont Hvae this set You should Pick it up.
Just My 3 Cents

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next