KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - ChartBuster no longer offering Essentials on CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:50 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Whoever said they are shooting themselves in the foot is dead right. It seems a very odd move in this economic climate and I wouldn't be surprised if they are forced to retract from this eventually. Their customers, especially the KJs, will simply get the tracks from manufacturers who still offer CD format. They either want the custom or they want to be petty, because they can't have both.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 40 times
I was actually shocked to hear this as well. I can see their point from a production view that the digital is more cost effective for them to produce. BUT, as with thousands of other KJ's out there, my entire collection is CD+G format. And I would prefer to keep it that way. :bawling:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
Where they will really lose is with the home user. The average home user probably has a machine they got at Wally World or Best Buy, etc... They use discs not computers, thus the SD card is useless to them. These days the majority of the market seems to be the home user, so why alienate a major part of your market base? While I might let a 4 year old mess with an inexpensive player, I sure as heck wouldn't let them mess with my computer.

JMHO, but I think the essential series could end up taking a major hit in sales. They won't get enough sales from KJ's only.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:22 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
The home users that I know have been ahead of us for quite some time. They are allowed to buy downloads for home use without the threat of the grey area legal argument. Many have IPod karaoke parties and now CB has a free application for streaming some of their songs on smart phones. I think others have those kind of applications, also. Most of the players now available for home use have had usb capabilities and accomodate most computer-based technologies.

The illegal hard drives and downloads have also hit the home market and there are singers in our area with 10s of thousands more songs than us who have their own private parties with every song anyone could ever want. Who needs us?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Are these the fake Supercore and KK disc.

Attachments:
P5163054.jpg
P5163054.jpg [ 43.21 KiB | Viewed 20710 times ]
P5163051.jpg
P5163051.jpg [ 37.02 KiB | Viewed 20710 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Those are tough to tell. The Supercore labels, which look like those of the 100+ (101-114) series that was counterfeited, and The KK could go either way- VERY easy to dupe, and were- extensively.

The original SuperCores (1-38) were screened onto the silver disc.

As far as I know, virtually every SuperCore disc in the 100 series is fake. I've never seen one from SuperCore, though I see them on the KJ Pro database. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but...

Many of the ones that I've seen have no code on the ring, but some have. What I did ws listen to the duplicate tracks on the older originals and noted the differences. Usually, lots of dupes in a set is a bad thing, but this was helpful

Unfortunately, there is no "old original" KK set..

BUT:

KK changed their labels rather quickly to ones with more art, ( 5 large singing notes and a detailed silver "Elvis mic), and more close and non-contrasting registration- also with a dark red background- much tougher to copy clearly.

KK fakes -AND real early KKs prior to the 0300 series ( with some of that series included)- come with the labels you show, as well as plain colored labels with bold black print- like the fake MMs out there. If those you show are later than 0300s, they are unquestionably fake.

No inner ring codes are, of course, a dead giveaway.

I guess you have to go with your ear- if you think they really suck, then chances are they are fakes.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Those are tough to tell. The Supercore labels, which look like those of the 100+ (101-114) series that was counterfeited, and The KK could go either way- VERY easy to dupe, and were- extensively.

The original SuperCores (1-38) were screened onto the silver disc.

As far as I know, virtually every SuperCore disc in the 100 series is fake. I've never seen one from SuperCore, though I see them on the KJ Pro database. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but...

Many of the ones that I've seen have no code on the ring, but some have. What I did ws listen to the duplicate tracks on the older originals and noted the differences. Usually, lots of dupes in a set is a bad thing, but this was helpful

Unfortunately, there is no "old original" KK set..

BUT:

KK changed their labels rather quickly to ones with more art, ( 5 large singing notes and a detailed silver "Elvis mic), and more close and non-contrasting registration- also with a dark red background- much tougher to copy clearly.

KK fakes -AND real early KKs prior to the 0300 series ( with some of that series included)- come with the labels you show, as well as plain colored labels with bold black print- like the fake MMs out there. If those you show are later than 0300s, they are unquestionably fake.

No inner ring codes are, of course, a dead giveaway.

I guess you have to go with your ear- if you think they really suck, then chances are they are fakes.

I have 2 set's of super core the first set is silver and black labeled as #SPC 01 - #SPC 22, the second set is a 16 disc set numbered 101 Super Power Pop 2007 thru 116 2007 Mega Country, yellow labels as shown in the pics. The first set I bought back in 2005 the second set was purchased in 2009.

There are three sets of KK and they all look the same just different numbers from different years. The KKs were purchased in 2009 and 2010.

The one thing they all have in common is for the most part the songs pretty much suck.

I guess I got hooked for fakes.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
never gave supercore a chance, but listened to their Killing Me Softly, very nice. i may have to check out more of them. if i remember another thread correctly, they make KK now right?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:34 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Some of the original Supercore consisted of different labels - not sure if that changed or not, but I saw some discs that actually had All Hits versions on the Supercore disc - complete with AH graphics.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
I've used Supercore's version of Killing Me Softly - Fugees almost exclusively ever since I heard it the first time.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 pm 

[quote="Paradigm Karaoke"]considering we still have disc based hosts, this is something they might want to know, and me for that matter. 256mp3 is way too low quality for my tastes. just good information if somebody wants them on disc instead, not spamvertising. is it really necessary to argue everything?[/quote]

Agree with you!!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
never gave supercore a chance, but listened to their Killing Me Softly, very nice. i may have to check out more of them. if i remember another thread correctly, they make KK now right?

Correct, but as previously related, one has to be VERY careful of counterfeits, as they are - besides the ethical issue- freakin' awful.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
are the (forgive the pun) current KK being counterfited as well or are they the older ones? can i count on the new ones being good as they come out?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
are the (forgive the pun) current KK being counterfited as well or are they the older ones? can i count on the new ones being good as they come out?

Well, I've seen counterfeit 500 series discs out there, and they came out last June...

I think that if you print out my answer to Steve above you should be able to stay out of trouble- but you need a GOOD pic of the product if you're buying online..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thunder,

Do you know what program you used to do this prosses!

"I purchased a pile of the SD card Chartbuster songs, I had no problem renaming the files. Forget what program I used right now but it named the songs in sequence E01-001 - Artist - Title to E01-450 - Artist - Title and so on with no problem."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mike,

The program is called Easy Tag.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JeanElla wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
considering we still have disc based hosts, this is something they might want to know, and me for that matter. 256mp3 is way too low quality for my tastes. just good information if somebody wants them on disc instead, not spamvertising. is it really necessary to argue everything?

Agree with you!!

Unless you are running in a studio on studio quality gear you aren't really going to notice any difference between 256 and 320 bit rates and even in the studio that is hard to notice, 128 and lower are very easy to pick the differences on once you get above 196 the differences become less and less noticeable until you reach a point in a noisy venue on most "typical" sound gear that even the best ear would have a hard time picking up on any difference in the quality. I used to have the same opinion on the subject as you because I do work in a studio and did notice the difference, but since using 256 bit rates in venues and finding it next to impossible to pick up any difference between an MP3 at 256 and a wav I have since changed my mind on the subject.

At one time for karaoke you had three choices cassettes and a lyrics sheet, VHS tapes or Laser disc, then CDGs came to be and the others went away, now CDGs are going the same way as the other formats and what is going to be available will be digital files. You either learn to adapt or fold up shop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
KarenB wrote:
Where they will really lose is with the home user. The average home user probably has a machine they got at Wally World or Best Buy, etc... They use discs not computers, thus the SD card is useless to them. These days the majority of the market seems to be the home user, so why alienate a major part of your market base?

Except the home users now have a much better option. Why buy discs at all when you can stream. "Netflix for Karaoke" indeed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21767

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
But it still requires the use of a computer. I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority of the casual home users are still using an all in one system (or something similar) they got at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. They don't want to make the investment of a computer, mixer, amp, speakers etc. To them SD cards and streaming karaoke is useless, they need discs. Most of the home users who frequent this sight are probably a bit more serious about karaoke than most.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

KarenB wrote:
But it still requires the use of a computer. I'd be willing to wager that the vast majority of the casual home users are still using an all in one system (or something similar) they got at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. They don't want to make the investment of a computer, mixer, amp, speakers etc. To them SD cards and streaming karaoke is useless, they need discs. Most of the home users who frequent this sight are probably a bit more serious about karaoke than most.

Most home users that I know have very elaborate setups and have kept up with or ahead of most working KJs in technology. Long before I went to a computer system I knew of three patrons who had already switched from player to computer systems for home use and a vast majority of their karaoke stuff came from share sites, so they weren't buying from the manus anyway, I know of a lot more with home systems before the download sites that were getting making and sharing copies of CDGs amoung each other so even then the "home" market for the manus was very small.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next