KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The End Is Near Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: The End Is Near
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
ralphwiggum wrote:
Got the wife and me one for Christmas. It's actually really neat. 320 different settings. Would be tough to use professionally, but we've had a lot of home fun with it. You can tone down the effects and also remove or add auto tune.

If you don't mind, add a note to you calendar to post again how often you are using it a year from now......2 years from now.

I am not asking this to be snarky, I am seriously interested. I think it is little more than a fad. But SingTrix2 or Singtrix3 will prove me wrong as well as hearing from people that continue to use it beyond a 6-12 month window.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 6 times
You're talking to a guy who basically has a karaoke bar in his basement. I'll still be using it next year, the year after...

Probably the best part about it are the preloaded presets for specific songs...for example, Dancing Queen by ABBA. The other female harmonies are already preloaded, and add in auto tune, it sounds pretty great.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 6 times
By the way, why is this in the lawsuits thread? Is someone claiming this is illegal or something? There aren't any songs sold with it. It's just fancy reverb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
ralphwiggum wrote:
You're talking to a guy who basically has a karaoke bar in his basement. I'll still be using it next year, the year after...

Probably the best part about it are the preloaded presets for specific songs...for example, Dancing Queen by ABBA. The other female harmonies are already preloaded, and add in auto tune, it sounds pretty great.

I truly hope I am wrong and that you enjoy it for a long time so you get your money's worth. But I reserve the right to be skeptical. I only know about it because I go looking for karaoke related news and products. I have yet to have someone tell me about it and rave about it. You are the only one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:22 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
I think this is an awesome device for home use! I may get one eventually. I mean, you are at home having a blast singing! Who cares if it's processed this far. No one is pretending to be a star at home in the basement. My wife would love it! I'm not telling her about it because she would make me get one. She is just now starting to sing, only wants to sing with others and is frustrated that she doesn't sing as well as she wants to. She is never going to think she has talent, but what's the harm in her being able to finally get up there, on her own, sing a song and have it sound great?

My only issue is having to run music through the unit. I am sure they have a setting to turn the music output off, then you could simply send the music as reference for the harms and tuning. If they don't have that, they need to add it and fast because it would be a must for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
ralphwiggum wrote:
By the way, why is this in the lawsuits thread? Is someone claiming this is illegal or something? There aren't any songs sold with it. It's just fancy reverb.

It shouldn't be. Seems to be an over-sight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1085 times
Moved.. 8)