KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Host With Equipment Failure Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:50 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Have you ever thought that it might be those who have been vaccinated already who are unknowingly spreading the virus? It's quite possible and very likely that they don't know they have the virus because they are either not showing symptoms, or very mild ones. So they go out into public unwittingly sharing germs to those around them. This is happening, I can guarantee it. 37% of those testing positive right now in our state are breakthrough cases. Is anyone getting tested who has already been vaccinated? I do not know. At least those who haven't been vaccinated know if they are or are not contagious if they are tested.

All the more reason all should be vaccinated, then you wouldn't have to worry about spreading germs. I'm sorry if I thought you have been infected twice, you could have been and not known it by your statement above. The point is where citizens have been vaccinated the number of people admitted to ICU's and dying from the virus have dropped over 90%. You might think that isn't good enough, but it is better than the status quo, and the only way all of us can go back to normal. If not then the 64 million who have not been vaccinated will continue to extend the suffering of all of us, for decades so you say.

P.S. 23 million of those who aren't vaccinated are little children 5 to 11, are you saying they shouldn't be vaccinated? What are you going to do voodoo medicine, have the shaman sprinkle magic dust on them and wave the old chicken foot over their heads?

And wild monkeys could have flown out of your butt. What you did was to slander someone. Simple.

What you are doing is putting your trust into a vaccine that isn't all that it's supposed to be. That is fine, it's your choice. I just see it differently. I am not saying that at some point that it will pan out to be a great thing. It certainly does do some good, I will agree with you on that. Can you sit there and guarantee on your life, my life and everyone else who receives this shot that at some point there won't be lasting side effects. Maybe the cure is worse than the disease, have you ever thought of that? After I have seen that no long term ills come out of it, then I might be persuaded to get it. Just not yet. Can't you just leave it at that? Or do you want to rule the world your way and we all live in Utopia, where everyone is the same?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:51 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Again, I have to emphasize, I am NOT anti-vaxx. I am a person who has been taken advantage of too many times by governing entities to ever learn to trust them or what they say.

So you don't trust anyone, so why should anyone trust you? Think on that one!

Simple. I am not asking you to trust me, just accept my personal beliefs and move along. You don't have to agree with me, but you better damn well accept our differences.

I should add "respect" my beliefs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
What about the long term side effects of contracting the virus? The thousands of mini blood clot time bombs already in the systems of millions that have had the virus and survived. Those effects will be with all of us for decades?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:11 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
What about the long term side effects of contracting the virus? The thousands of mini blood clot time bombs already in the systems of millions that have had the virus and survived. Those effects will be with all of us for decades?

And what about the millions of tons of smoke that California sends eastward each year from forest fires from the inability to manage their forests? Maybe you should send some free karaoke shows to make sure that your forestry department can have their funding and not have to use it on things like fighting fires.

Yes, I am being a jerk right now, just like you are!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

If stating facts is being a jerk so be it, the truth hurts but is necessary. You are right about one thing no one knows what the final out come will be, we might be over with the virus, it isn't over with us yet. The non vaccinated are breeding grounds for more powerful unknown variants.

I thought the forest fires were caused by giant Jewish space lasers? :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Can you sit there and guarantee on your life, my life and everyone else who doesn't receive this shot that at some point there won't be lasting side effects from the virus?
no, you can't.
so you will just continue to go out and help spread this virus over and over again not caring about anyone but yourself.
we prefer to think of the community as a whole and how our actions can negatively affect others, not just what we want individually.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I will say it again. Individual rights must end when it affects the rights of other people. Just because you feel that you have a right not to take a vaccine, you don't have the right to give the virus to others and risk their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, period.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I will say it again. Individual rights must end when it affects the rights of other people. Just because you feel that you have a right not to take a vaccine, you don't have the right to give the virus to others and risk their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, period.

It's not until someone is on their deathbed that they wish they had gotten the shot and encourage others to do so. The shot is safe and effective and can keep you from dying. Personally, I would get 100 shots if that's what it took. I have total faith in the vaccine.

Here's a tip: There is so much misinformation, lies, and conspiracy theories circulating on line. Anything you read on any of the social media platforms, such as Facebook, is 99% false. It's not a very good place to get your information from. So, don't trust or believe anything from these type of platforms.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
Here's a tip: There is so much misinformation, lies, and conspiracy theories circulating on line. Anything you read on any of the social media platforms, such as Facebook, is 99% false. It's not a very good place to get your information from. So, don't trust or believe anything from these type of platforms.

but....but....but.....this chiropractor online said all the scientists, doctors, and virologists are wrong...
Attachment:
e6e3116450b27190026b54d8bf28023e.jpg
e6e3116450b27190026b54d8bf28023e.jpg [ 109.76 KiB | Viewed 19517 times ]

Attachment:
yolyx65zx3t41.png
yolyx65zx3t41.png [ 208.44 KiB | Viewed 19517 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Excuse me guys .... the title of this post is "Host With Equipment Failure." What does the corona Virus have anything to do with the topic? Stop hijacking this post and stick to the topic. You are all getting out of hand hijacking topics and turning it to a debate on the virus. Enough is enough already!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

bazinga wrote:
Excuse me guys ....

You're excused.
bazinga wrote:
the title of this post is "Host With Equipment Failure."

Your reading skills are impeccable. You must have done really well in school.
bazinga wrote:
What does the corona Virus have anything to do with the topic?

I'm not sure but there's got to be some relevance to it.
bazinga wrote:
Stop hijacking this post and stick to the topic. You are all getting out of hand hijacking topics and turning it to a debate on the virus.

We're so glad our efforts aren't going unnoticed.
bazinga wrote:
Enough is enough already!

That's exactly what a lot of people are saying about Trump and his Big Lie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Can you sit there and guarantee on your life, my life and everyone else who doesn't receive this shot that at some point there won't be lasting side effects [color=#FF0000]from the virus?

It is already plain from the view of the Health Care Insurance companies, that they view the virus has having long term health side effects. That is why, if you switch your health care provider, you have to list Covid-19 if you have had it, as a preexisting condition, and pay a higher premium due to added risk factor.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

bazinga wrote:
Excuse me guys .... the title of this post is "Host With Equipment Failure." What does the corona Virus have anything to do with the topic? Stop hijacking this post and stick to the topic. You are all getting out of hand hijacking topics and turning it to a debate on the virus. Enough is enough already!

This is sort of woven into the topic, since the host with the equipment failure, contracted the virus possibly while hosting. It is not known how many others he came in contact with, along with his girlfriend. Like it or not bazinga everything right now revolves around covid, and when we can return to normal. Until then there will be little movement from the current status quo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:45 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
mrscott wrote:

Simple. I am not asking you to trust me, just accept my personal beliefs and move along. You don't have to agree with me, but you better damn well accept our differences.

I should add "respect" my beliefs.

I like this. Perhaps you can also respect LR's beliefs about hosting a show and not taking payment in return.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Yeah excepting a belief stops when it collides with capitalism, nothing is more important in this country than the almighty dollar. Any sins can be forgiven if you throw a enough money at it. Currently I feel that the virus is causing us to come to grips with our values, that is why so many workers refuse to go back to the oars. They are tired of being slaves to big business, they want a fairer deal. They don't want to support space joy rides for wealthy individuals, while so many are homeless, and hungry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Perhaps you can also respect LR's beliefs about hosting a show and not taking payment in return.

How can you respect a host whose actions are only hurting the industry and fellow KJ's? Sorry, but is he showing any respect to the hard working KJ's/DJ's who rely on this income for the services they provide?

What he's doing is sending a message to these venues that Karaoke/DJ entertainment is worthless and has no value. A message that says; they shouldn't have to pay for these services.

What happens after LR decides to pack it in and another KJ/DJ tries to take over. Do you think they're going to pay him or her $150 a night? No, they're not. They're not going to want to pay anything at all because of the precedent that LR started. Because of this, they're going to have a much more difficult time finding a gig that will pay for their services.

So tell me... what is there to respect?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Perhaps you can also respect LR's beliefs about hosting a show and not taking payment in return.

How can you respect a host whose actions are only hurting the industry and fellow KJ's? Sorry but is he showing any respect to the hard working KJ's/DJ's who rely on the income for the services they provide?

What he's doing is sending a message to these venues that Karaoke/DJ entertainment is worthless and has no value. A message that says; they shouldn't have to pay for these services.

What happens after LR decides to pack it in and another KJ/DJ tries to take over. Do you think they're going to pay him or her $150 a night? No, they're not. They're not going to want to pay anything because of the precedent that LR started. Because of this, they're going to have a much more difficult time finding a gig that will pay for their services.

So tell me... what is there to respect?

They will pay them the $150.00 if they can prove they are worth it. I don't call having a show with less than 20 people tops, worth that type of money. You have to earn respect, it is not a given. You can spin it any way you want, you have to be able to deliver the crowd, which is difficult now because a large segment of society won't get their shots, and get the rest of us unstuck. You keep talking about how much not charging will effect the industry. What about hosts that work without their vaccinations, getting the virus and spreading it to others, how does that look, and effect the industry?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Alan B wrote:
How can you respect a host whose actions are only hurting the industry and fellow KJ's?

Weird. Kind of how I feel about folks who take decidedly anti-science stances, because they read and agreed with something on the internet written by someone who failed biology in high school.

Not you, obviously. You and I clearly agree on that front (and clearly disagree on the volunteering gig front, to an extent--I think it's pointless to help out a dying, failing organization like that, but I also think it's LR's choice to do or not do it.)

But if, as to MrScott's point, it is important to respect the opinions of others, it's a little odd that it means "respect my opinions" on something that's a public health situation during a pandemic, but not in a decidedly less important (in the grand scheme of things) situation where one guy in California offers his services for free to a nonprofit in a local market.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I think that mrscott should follow through with his promise and call Elks Lodge No. 1740 and ask them how they value karaoke entertainment and if they'd be willing to pay a host (providing he's outstanding with a good reputation), $150 per night. Should be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:29 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Alan B wrote:

This is something we definitely agree on. However, some people are assuming that I am making my decision based on social media. That is farthest from the truth. I make my decision based on personal history of the lack of truths the government has incurred on me and my family. I see the information on several government agency (federal, state and local) websites that do not even come close to being accurate. Or that they even come close to agreeing with each other. How can a person take it seriously when one government entity tells you that there have been "x" number of cases on any given day, yet another government entity tells you a totally different number, and they aren't even close to each other. And to let you know, both of these websites are health departments, one state, one local. One is supposed to be giving facts, figures and updates to the other. But one of them tells us that they have tested 44 thousand more people in our district than we have a total population.... that's "people tested", not "tests given". Our state one shows that there have been over 300,000 more people tested than we have residents in this entire state. How can a person give these government agencies any credence or credibility when they are obviously stating inflated numbers. Add in that they have listed more deaths from Covid alone than we have had people die in our area in the last 6 months.

The federal government and ALL of it's agencies is full of misinformation and lies. I do not know how a person can trust a single word they say or print. No matter what media source you follow, it's all about politics and it's twisted both directions to make the other party look like liars. When we all know that both sides are just as guilty of spreading nothing but lies and propaganda.

I have no doubt the virus is real and that it is causing a huge number of deaths and illnesses. That much is certain. What I am trying to impart onto you all on here is that I cannot trust a government when they tell us this vaccine is "safe". I have to see it long term first to make a good judgement call. Yes, I have had vaccines before,,, all the normal ones, and I would get this one too if I believed that is is all it is cracked up to be. I have said it before, and will say it again: I cannot in good conscience even call it a "vaccine". To be a vaccine, it must be able to build up a persons IMMMUNITY to the virus it is meant to protect against. This current one does NOT do that, it is meant to be administered again, and again,,, and just how long before it kills you after getting your 3rd dose, or your 8th or 34th. You get the picture. I equate these shots to flu shots, meant to lessen the affects of certain illnesses...nothing more. And I have never gotten a flu shot either in my entire life....

Do I stay home when I am sick? ABSOLUTELY!!! Even when I did contract Covid, I stayed home longer than the prescribed time. We had just started back to hosting a couple of weeks before I got sick, but I didn't do any shows at that time. I am extremely confident that I did not spread any virus past my own doors at home. I know you will think this foolish Alan, but I even wiped down all my mics after every singer, and still do. I also wipe down my booth so as to lessen the chances of spread. It's not fool proof, but at least it's something.

All I am asking here is people to respect my personal "why" I don't want to get the shots at this time. At some point in time, it it still possible that I learn to trust the vaccine itself, just not yet. And in the meantime, I still social distance, I wash my hands almost too much, and I wear a mask in closed spaces (still need the correct masks for them to be effective) I really shouldn't have to justify anything to any of the people on here. But I would like you all to understand and accept my choices, even if you don't agree with them.

What and how I am living my daily life has little to no bearing on others around me, I make certain of that much. But what LR is doing is different in the fact that what he IS doing is taking potential future incomes away from other hosts. I can respect his choice for accepting no pay, but that still does not mean that the places he is hosting at should not be bearing the responsibility of the costs of doing business. Hence, they should be paying "someone", maybe not Lone Ranger, but they need to step up and do the right thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next