KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Which Softwares will allow playing music from external drive Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:48 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello, I am new here just trying to help someone who is having issues with her Karaoke software. I don't know much about karaoke myself but since I am a pc tech and a music guy I figure I can try to help her solve this issue.

So Doris has a software named "Karma" which she has been using for a while but now ran into a problem where the software is not reading the tunes from her external hard drive. She did a virus scan and her drive and music is good. Also she can play music on her pc just fine from the external drive.

So she is looking around for another software[s] which she try a demo to see if it will work with her external drive. Can anyone recommend any other softwares for this please? She has tried one but it only allows her to try songs located in the demo and not from her drive. Thanks guys, blessings.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Sounds like a drive letter problem to me but I could be wrong because the only time I have run into that problem was when windows reassigned the drive letter of my external. I personally assign the letter to my external drive to D and import my songs from that drive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:16 am 

Thank you. I figure I might as well try to myself to see how karaoke works to help her. She told me she is interested in purchasing 2 softwares Karma or Compuhost.

Main issue is let's say for example she has 3 sub folders of music titled "Rock, Pop, Dance" in a Master folder titled My Music. Can she point the software to the Master folder titled "My Music" or does the way the softwares work is only having to choose one sub folder at a time please? I tried with the Master folder but it's not working on her end this way.

With my DJ and MP3 players I can select only the master folders and all subfolders will display in the playlist/library.

In the morning I am going to both softwares with mp3's on my pc to see if I might have better results.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

As long as she clicks on the check box for adding subfolders then it should grab all three.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:50 pm 

I had tried myself but it would allow the check mark in any of the boxes. If it's the same deal on my end tomorrow then I will try their support, she said they do not respond though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:15 am 

Tried out Karma this morning, same deal. My library on my hard drive is setup with a Master Folder titled "Music" and in this Master folder I have many subfolders titled like Dance, Pop, Reggae e.t.c. I am trying to ADD/import the subfolders but in the Media Folders window under Path [please see attached screenshot], I cannot put a check mark into any of the two subfolders check box. When I highlight any of the 2 subfolders path the entire line turns gold color to highlight it but no check mark.

I am confused about one main thing with a karaoke interface's view. Is the music folders structure the same an in explorer where one can choose whichever folder of music one wants to listen to or are all imported tracks placed into one main view where it will list all tracks from every folder of music please?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
mikehende wrote:
Tried out Karma this morning, same deal. My library on my hard drive is setup with a Master Folder titled "Music" and in this Master folder I have many subfolders titled like Dance, Pop, Reggae e.t.c. I am trying to ADD/import the subfolders but in the Media Folders window under Path [please see attached screenshot], I cannot put a check mark into any of the two subfolders check box. When I highlight any of the 2 subfolders path the entire line turns gold color to highlight it but no check mark.

The checkmark isn't an option after you've added the folder. It's simply telling you whether that folder was designated that way when you added it. You need to delete the folder and add it again. This time remember to check the subs option before adding it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:18 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mikehende wrote:

I am confused about one main thing with a karaoke interface's view. Is the music folders structure the same an in explorer where one can choose whichever folder of music one wants to listen to or are all imported tracks placed into one main view where it will list all tracks from every folder of music please?

Most software programs have a box to add subfolders. OpenKJ automatically does it so you don't have to remember to do it. Definitely follow Bob's instructions because he wrote the software. He is the horse's mouth on the subject of KARMA.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
He is the horse's mouth...
or the horse's other end, depending on who you talk to ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:28 am 

really good topic