KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Signs Of Recovery II Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:

You cannot disagree with the fact that the common cold is a coronavirus. Spread exactly in the same manner as Covid19. That's what I am saying.... kids bring crap home every day. This is no different. Is it more deadly? Possibly,,, but in my life, I have never gotten the flu shot. Most people I see get the flu shot, actually wind up staying home anyway because of side effects from the shot!! So why even bother at all? Why would I believe anyone right now with all the misinformation going on....I will wait and make a decision when the time is right for us.

It is a virus that is true, but not all viruses are created equal. Kids bring a lot of things home dogs, friends, etc. etc. etc. It might be no different, but you can see in your daily life it has impacted it, like nothing seen in my lifetime. I get my flu shot and guess what I haven't had the flu in years. So why bother at all? We should just let nature run it's course, and do nothing, that is your position? Don't believe anyone, but if you don't trust information, how are you going to intelligently make your decision when the time comes? We can't just turn our backs on science and history and expect to avoid the mistakes of the past. We can see up until recently most of our response to the virus has been under whelming to say the least. You don't stop a plague by lying low and hoping it passes you by, once a remedy has been developed.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:21 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

Title 50 permits injections..
Go figure..

So What? You and I were both in the military, didn't you get your shots to be deployed overseas? When I was young I had all my shots or guess what I couldn't go to school. Public vaccination is nothing new. Seems like my whole life someone has been sticking me with a needle. I don't like it but I know it's necessary, especially when I go to the dentist and have to be drilled and filled. It is either that or no teeth. I don't like my colon being checked, lucky for me once your over 70 you don't need to do it again, if all the prior tests came back negative.

Funny you should mention that..
Our group in Boot camp were given an experimental flu shot, and 50% were sick enough to drop out and recover in hospital.
Testing on the lower classes of humanity seems to be common..
And I don't like needles either..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Funny you should mention that..
Our group in Boot camp were given an experimental flu shot, and 50% were sick enough to drop out and recover in hospital.
Testing on the lower classes of humanity seems to be common..
And I don't like needles either..

Testing was done by both sides and in all administrations. This country has done a lot of things to humans that was wrong, slavery was one of those injustices. Testing on the lower classes happens, because they are more exposed to disease than the upper classes. If this vaccine is so bad, then why are the rich bribing the Governor in Florida to jump ahead in the line to get it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrscott wrote:
That's what I am saying.... kids bring crap home every day. This is no different. Is it more deadly? Possibly,,, but in my life, I have never gotten the flu shot. Most people I see get the flu shot, actually wind up staying home anyway because of side effects from the shot!! So why even bother at all? Why would I believe anyone right now with all the misinformation going on....I will wait and make a decision when the time is right for us.

in AZ my kid's school started going back earlier in the year for in-person learning if the parents wanted.
lots of parents got excited to do so.
children carried the virus home.
the schools had to close when they spread the virus to so many teachers that teaching was no longer possible.
2 teachers died
3 teachers are out for who knows how long with physical problems after the virus.
there is more to it than just "kids bring crap home every day".
while you are correct that they do (boy do they ever...), this is not a common cold.
it's difficult to teach kids when the teachers are being killed by a virus that people don't care about spreading as long as it makes their life easier to not have the kids at home.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

I am weighing my options, and making a decision from there. I am not going to jump to a decision simply because it's a popular choice.

You are not alone Mr.Scott, 40% of Republicans and 30% of American adults who live in rural areas are hesitant to receive the vaccine. One of the mostly rural states that has been successful in rolling out getting it's population vaccinated is West Virginia. Much of the credit for this is the Republican Governor Jim Justice, and his using local drug stores to administer the vaccinations, making it both easy and local to do.

Gov. Jim Justice "For crying out loud do you really think you're gonna take the vaccine and grow antlers?" He said, "I mean come on, just look at all the medical knowledge that's around you. You gotta be taking the vaccines, and they are". One group that has been hard hit by covid-19 is The Navajo Nation, they have really pushed vaccinations for everyone in the tribe. They are one of the highest risk groups in the country, with more deaths per capita than practically in any other area of the nation.

P.S. I hope this helps Mr.Scott in getting you to come around to the need for vaccination, to protect you and your loved ones.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:42 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrscott wrote:
That's what I am saying.... kids bring crap home every day. This is no different. Is it more deadly? Possibly,,, but in my life, I have never gotten the flu shot. Most people I see get the flu shot, actually wind up staying home anyway because of side effects from the shot!! So why even bother at all? Why would I believe anyone right now with all the misinformation going on....I will wait and make a decision when the time is right for us.

in AZ my kid's school started going back earlier in the year for in-person learning if the parents wanted.
lots of parents got excited to do so.
children carried the virus home.
the schools had to close when they spread the virus to so many teachers that teaching was no longer possible.
2 teachers died
3 teachers are out for who knows how long with physical problems after the virus.
there is more to it than just "kids bring crap home every day".
while you are correct that they do (boy do they ever...), this is not a common cold.
it's difficult to teach kids when the teachers are being killed by a virus that people don't care about spreading as long as it makes their life easier to not have the kids at home.

We had similar incidents as well. One teacher died, a couple still out. Some schools had to temporarily close again because the percentages of infected were higher than the allowed amount. But, these are still uncommon. But it wasn't the teachers that were the problem, it was a small percentage of the children that were unknowingly spreading it. But the numbers are really small now.

Utah is once again under control and headed for recovery. Over 25% of the people have been vaccinated, and the spread has slowed to a very minimal count statewide. Most people have been tested, but I say that with my tongue in cheek because I really do not believe the numbers that are being reported, they just don't match or add up. However, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. Our governor has already said he is going to end the mask mandate in April, and open things up fully should be by May. At the rate of vaccinations right now, by the end of April, anyone who wants to be vaccinated will have that chance.

By the way, and this really means nothing, but the newly elected governor is a local boy from our neighboring town in rural Utah. His children play with one of my co-workers children, and my co-worker and the governor are friends. Honestly, I don't think he is as strong of a governor compared to some we have had in the past (Matheson, Levitt, Rampton) but at least I can say he sees and wants the entire state to prosper, not just the 3 main, highest populated ones that most governors only care about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrscott wrote:
We had similar incidents as well. One teacher died, a couple still out. Some schools had to temporarily close again because the percentages of infected were higher than the allowed amount. But, these are still uncommon. But it wasn't the teachers that were the problem, it was a small percentage of the children that were unknowingly spreading it. But the numbers are really small now.

that was the problem, the students, especially young ones, were not really getting sick as much as just passing the virus along to the teachers. kids spread everything like it's a game, and the teachers paid the price. so schools had to close again because people refused to do anything to even attempt to mitigate it and just sent their kids back in school.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

One thing to keep in mind the predominant strain of the virus is the U.K. variant. It is far more contagious, and the effects the young more, than older forms of the disease. So even if schools are opened, they might have to be closed yet again. On a bright note the CDC came out with new guidelines for those who have received their vaccine second shot. The good news also includes the fact that over 2 million citizens are getting their first and second shots everyday. The sooner all are vaccinated, the sooner we will get back to normal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:26 pm 

Been Liked: 1 time
COVID has sucked. Wrecked my karaoke show, shuttered my DJ gigs; income loss in the tens of thousands. EIDL grant helped for about a month, the EIDL loan isn't forgivable so I passed on it. I just recently became eligible for PPP loans.

That being said, I'm blessed not to have contracted it; and have lost several friends and a few colleagues to the ravages of the disease. I've adjusted my life to live with it; even taking time to vacation and travel again.

I got my J&J shot today. It's not as effective as the others, but I'm willing to do my part to get America to herd immunity. For those worried about the government doing this or that. . . . if you've ever dranken party juice or everclear punch in college, you've got nothing to worry about.

The summer is coming, and I'm ready to get back to DJing and hosting karaoke and trivia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
issymayake wrote:
The summer is coming, and I'm ready to get back to DJing and hosting karaoke and trivia.

and the crowds are ready to have you back. A lot of people are going to use some of that stimulus money to stimulate themselves and certainly deserve it after this crappy year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

issymayake wrote:
COVID has sucked. Wrecked my karaoke show, shuttered my DJ gigs; income loss in the tens of thousands. EIDL grant helped for about a month, the EIDL loan isn't forgivable so I passed on it. I just recently became eligible for PPP loans.

That being said, I'm blessed not to have contracted it; and have lost several friends and a few colleagues to the ravages of the disease. I've adjusted my life to live with it; even taking time to vacation and travel again.

I got my J&J shot today. It's not as effective as the others, but I'm willing to do my part to get America to herd immunity. For those worried about the government doing this or that. . . . if you've ever dranken party juice or everclear punch in college, you've got nothing to worry about.

J&J might not be as effective, but it is only one shot and done, also it may not keep you from getting the virus, but it will make it's effects on you less severe, and keep you from dying from covid-19. Also you will not need to go to the hospital freeing up staff, for more serious cases.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Friday will be the day the new relief stimulus bill will be signed by Biden. Even though the bill was supported by 70% of the voters, and 59% of Republican voters, it did not get any support from the disloyal opposition. The stock market went up over 462 points in one day, Biden sits at a 62% approval rating, something Trump never achieved. Now the hard part begins, the recovery of this nation. A nation that is torn by political polarization on steroids. It was so hard to get this passed when it has the wide support of the American people, how will anything else get done in a bipartisan way from here?

The answer is it won't if it is up to Mitch and his supporters. It is time to if not end the filibuster at least weaken it, so that legislation can be passed. Traditionally the party that wins the presidential election loses in the next midterm, let's see if that happens. The only way the Democrats can win is if they deliver on their promises, otherwise they are going to be a do nothing party. One thing for sure if Mitch had the juice he would use it, he has used it. There are so many things this nation needs to address, the only way they are going to be passed is if the Democrats use the power they have been given. Otherwise we will continue to decline, and injustices will continue to occur.

P.S. Just one note this new package is 1.9 trillion dollars and is touted as the most done for the poor in decades. We just spent 1.7 trillion dollars on one stinking plane the F-35, and it is a failure. Shows you where our priorities are, now they want more money to pour into another fighter jet project. I have an idea we still use the old F-16 as the work horse of our air force, it is proven, why not just buy more of them? The one's we have are 16 years old.

P.S. I stand corrected Biden signed the relief bill today Thursday and money could show up in bank accounts this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Does anybody think that Trump is going to be found guilty and get some prison time for any of the many (alleged) crimes that he has committed?

What's going on in NY and GA does not look good for him. People are hoping he gets what he deserves.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Does anybody think that Trump is going to be found guilty and get some prison time for any of the many (alleged) crimes that he has committed?

What's going on in NY and GA does not look good for him. People are hoping he gets what he deserves.

That remains to be seen Alan one thing for sure if he is convicted of anything, he is going to stall and delay as long as possible, not to mention keep appealing, at his age he will try and run out the clock, dying before seeing the inside of a jail. The new political pac he has started is not bound by the usual rules governing how the money is spent. Trump is now skimming money that should go to the GOP to his coffers, it can be used to pay legal fees, some of the 400 million he owes in personal debt, hell he can even hire Ivanka and Jared as consultants. Like most con men he always has one last swindle to pull, one last sheep to shear. Just watch out when he has his clippers ready to go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:25 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Friday will be the day the new relief stimulus bill will be signed by Biden. Even though the bill was supported by 70% of the voters, and 59% of Republican voters, it did not get any support from the disloyal opposition. The stock market went up over 462 points in one day, Biden sits at a 62% approval rating, something Trump never achieved. Now the hard part begins, the recovery of this nation. A nation that is torn by political polarization on steroids. It was so hard to get this passed when it has the wide support of the American people, how will anything else get done in a bipartisan way from here?

The answer is it won't if it is up to Mitch and his supporters. It is time to if not end the filibuster at least weaken it, so that legislation can be passed. Traditionally the party that wins the presidential election loses in the next midterm, let's see if that happens. The only way the Democrats can win is if they deliver on their promises, otherwise they are going to be a do nothing party. One thing for sure if Mitch had the juice he would use it, he has used it. There are so many things this nation needs to address, the only way they are going to be passed is if the Democrats use the power they have been given. Otherwise we will continue to decline, and injustices will continue to occur.

P.S. Just one note this new package is 1.9 trillion dollars and is touted as the most done for the poor in decades. We just spent 1.7 trillion dollars on one stinking plane the F-35, and it is a failure. Shows you where our priorities are, now they want more money to pour into another fighter jet project. I have an idea we still use the old F-16 as the work horse of our air force, it is proven, why not just buy more of them? The one's we have are 16 years old.

P.S. I stand corrected Biden signed the relief bill today Thursday and money could show up in bank accounts this weekend.

Quote:
President Joe Biden is planning the first major federal tax hike since 1993 to help pay for the long-term economic program designed as a follow-up to his pandemic-relief bill, according to people familiar with the matter.

Unlike the $1.9 trillion Covid-19 stimulus act, the next initiative, which is expected to be even bigger, won’t rely just on government debt as a funding source. While it’s been increasingly clear that tax hikes will be a component -- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has said at least part of the next bill will have to be paid for, and pointed to higher rates -- key advisers are now making preparations for a package of measures that could include an increase in both the corporate tax rate and the individual rate for high earners.

With each tax break and credit having its own lobbying constituency to back it, tinkering with rates is fraught with political risk. That helps explain why the tax hikes in Bill Clinton’s signature 1993 overhaul stand out from the modest modifications done since.

For the Biden administration, the planned changes are an opportunity not just to fund key initiatives like infrastructure, climate and expanded help for poorer Americans, but also to address what Democrats argue are inequities in the tax system itself. The plan will test both Biden’s capacity to woo Republicans and Democrats’ ability to remain unified.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:51 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Alan B wrote:

That remains to be seen Alan one thing for sure if he is convicted of anything, he is going to stall and delay as long as possible, not to mention keep appealing, at his age he will try and run out the clock, dying before seeing the inside of a jail. The new political pac he has started is not bound by the usual rules governing how the money is spent. Trump is now skimming money that should go to the GOP to his coffers, it can be used to pay legal fees, some of the 400 million he owes in personal debt, hell he can even hire Ivanka and Jared as consultants. Like most con men he always has one last swindle to pull, one last sheep to shear. Just watch out when he has his clippers ready to go.

It seems to me that a prison sentence for Trump is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, he broke no law and must be held accountable for this. But on the other hand, the United States could greatly lose its position in the international arena if the president, whose term of office has just ended, is convicted. I think the decision will be made not so much taking into account the arguments of Trump's supporters, but in terms of assessing the possible damage from making this or that decision.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Kay_B wrote:

It seems to me that a prison sentence for Trump is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, he broke no law and must be held accountable for this. But on the other hand, the United States could greatly lose its position in the international arena if the president, whose term of office has just ended, is convicted. I think the decision will be made not so much taking into account the arguments of Trump's supporters, but in terms of assessing the possible damage from making this or that decision.

He broke no law? He is under investigation in the state of New York, for multiple possible civil and criminal charges, in Georgia he is under investigation for attempting to change the election results in his favor, not to mention now there is a new AG, he will probably be investigated for numerous violations Federal statutes as well. I fail to see how holding the president accountable for his conduct would hurt our international status. It would prove once again what we have been saying all along, no one is above the law. What would hurt us more is if other countries realized that we don't practice what we have preached to them for years. China and Russia are already using the pictures of the insurrection on Jan 6th to tarnish our reputation internationally. Putin realizes that he can't confront us militarily or economically, but he can win the propaganda war. Hell by staying divided we are helping him.

P.S. The only reason these investigations aren't further along is because the president hid behind immunity of his office, also the former AG Barr was in his pocket, and would do nothing about the Federal law violations.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Quote:
President Joe Biden is planning the first major federal tax hike since 1993 to help pay for the long-term economic program designed as a follow-up to his pandemic-relief bill, according to people familiar with the matter.

Unlike the $1.9 trillion Covid-19 stimulus act, the next initiative, which is expected to be even bigger, won’t rely just on government debt as a funding source. While it’s been increasingly clear that tax hikes will be a component -- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has said at least part of the next bill will have to be paid for, and pointed to higher rates -- key advisers are now making preparations for a package of measures that could include an increase in both the corporate tax rate and the individual rate for high earners.

With each tax break and credit having its own lobbying constituency to back it, tinkering with rates is fraught with political risk. That helps explain why the tax hikes in Bill Clinton’s signature 1993 overhaul stand out from the modest modifications done since.

For the Biden administration, the planned changes are an opportunity not just to fund key initiatives like infrastructure, climate and expanded help for poorer Americans, but also to address what Democrats argue are inequities in the tax system itself. The plan will test both Biden’s capacity to woo Republicans and Democrats’ ability to remain unified.

JD as usual Biden is raising taxes, 60 billion dollars closing loopholes enjoyed by the rich, who already have so much money they are buying our government. People like you and me will see none of the increase. In fact unless you are earning more than $400,000.00 a year you will see no tax increase, zero get it? To put this into perspective the CEO of Amazon payed Zero in taxes last year. He recently got a divorce and paid his former wife 38 billion dollars. His company made all of that back in 2 months, thanks to the pandemic and his position in the market. The Fortune 500 companies should be changed to 5 since 5 corporations control 51% of the GNP. We waste nearly more money on one jet fighter, than we have helping the poor of this country. To top it all off what do the companies do with the money? They move it off shore, they use it to buy our government, even have their own private space programs. Like Reagan said "Help is for the needy, not the greedy".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:55 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
LMMFAO

Maybe someone can start a Recovery III.

Guess I was right. Yep, no sign.

2+2=4

Oh wait...that was from years ago. And, because it is so old, that can't be right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:02 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

gd123 wrote:
LMMFAO

Maybe someone can start a Recovery III.

Guess I was right. Yep, no sign.

2+2=4

Oh wait...that was from years ago. And, because it is so old, that can't be right.

Ok start III

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3