KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - iCroons post-quarantine update Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
then you're not the kind of person we're catering to.

you are not catering to anybody. everything icroons offers, Openkj offers and then more.

OpenKJ does NOT offer guarantees. OpenKJ is a crap shoot. OpenKJ is what Forrest Gump's mom meant when she said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. iCroons filters out the songs you can't buy here in America. iCroons filters out the sites that require you to sign up first before even letting you simply hear a sample. iCroons has a higher standard and isn't going for shear numbers. iCroons is the only place American KJs can GUARANTEED get a song they're shown in the downloads results. This is a fact. Period. If OpenKJ offers everything iCroons does, where is that guarantee of quality results? I don't see it, and neither do our users.

Alta Vista is a search engine that used to have tons more search results than Google and used to brag about it just like you. Nowadays, most people have never heard of Alta Vista. Why? Quantity is NOT everything. People want results they can work with. Showing people songs they can't purchase isn't a service. It's a tease.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:38 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
lol. 99.9% of the time I buy on the spot, no way to hear a sample clip. But even WITH a sample clip it's still a crap shoot since some songs may be abridged or missing verses or omits background vocals or....I just want to know if a song is available, where I can get it and purchase on the spot if possible. If it's a bad version - then so be it, I either look for another version or if it's the only version available - i'll let the singer know that as well. Or if it's not something I can purchase right now - i'll add it to my database of requests with their email and let them know when I can/do get it. That's the difference, Open KJ just wants to have as much of a complete download search as possible, not just ones that pay him click through/percentage if purchased.
Plus the fact it's updated on a daily basis instead of waiting a few weeks - even during the quarantine I was purchasing tracks I needed (requests) that have never been released before.

The Digitrax links do not take you to the song, but does take you to the site - again so what if someone has to have an account (free one at that), once registered you just do a quick login and purchase the song you want - no membership, no annual charges, it's a per track purchase. Done it many times as I found many tracks. I mean the only difference is you actually have to login first. You have to login to every other site to purchase too.
Not that this means squat but they even list the available Sound Choice releases from the last couple years.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:54 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I have used iCroons for quite a while now... I use it to find out if a song has been made by a manufacturer or not (available). I don't believe I have ever gone their to purchase a song.

MANY times after doing a search on iCroons, I have done a google search and have found that a song INDEED has been made, but wasn't listed on iCroons. This is a problem. Like the others have tried to tell you... KJs want to know if a song is AVAILABLE... If it is available we will go get it... either on the spot if we can or when we have time if not.

If I can't find a complete list on iCroons and I can on OpenKJ... guess where I will be looking from now on. (not iCroons)

I am 'old school' and like accurate purchase numbers for the song (kudos for providing that), but quickly knowing if a song is available is a MUCH higher priority for us Pro KJs... even us 'old schoolers'.

Long story short... It appears the people you are trying to reach are not Professional KJs... because Professional KJs are telling you what they want and you are telling them what you think they should want. We are clearly not part of the demographic you are trying to reach.

PS. I was using iCroons because I wasn't aware of OpenKJ til now... and because I wasn't aware of it, i was telling people about iCroons. Guess where I will be sending people now?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:09 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
then you're not the kind of person we're catering to.

you are not catering to anybody. everything icroons offers, Openkj offers and then more.

OpenKJ does NOT offer guarantees. OpenKJ is a crap shoot. OpenKJ is what Forrest Gump's mom meant when she said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. iCroons filters out the songs you can't buy here in America. iCroons filters out the sites that require you to sign up first before even letting you simply hear a sample. iCroons has a higher standard and isn't going for shear numbers. iCroons is the only place American KJs can GUARANTEED get a song they're shown in the downloads results. This is a fact. Period. If OpenKJ offers everything iCroons does, where is that guarantee of quality results? I don't see it, and neither do our users.

Alta Vista is a search engine that used to have tons more search results than Google and used to brag about it just like you. Nowadays, most people have never heard of Alta Vista. Why? Quantity is NOT everything. People want results they can work with. Showing people songs they can't purchase isn't a service. It's a tease.

1. Guarantees? iCroons doesn't offer any more guarantees on the site than OpenKJ does. NOWHERE does the site guarantee anything. I don't see it... and neither do your users! (Of which I was one).

2. 'People' do want results they can work with. If the song is available and your site does not represent that... the results can't be worked with because the results are NOTHING.

3. If a song has been produced, it CAN be purchased. It isn't a tease. Yes, some tracks may be harder to get than others... but if it was made, it can be gotten. Anyone that thinks otherwise gave up too soon.

Priority:
A - Is it available?
B - What brands made it?
C - Can I download it now? (if so, where can I get it?)
... all other priorities fall considerably short of these three.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Maybe the obviously answer to iCroons choice of karaoke manufacturers was explained here:
Quote:
Unfortunately, not only does Zoom not have any affiliation system setup for us to refer track purchases

If a manufacturer isn't providing an affiliate program that iCroons can utilize, they don't get any cut of the profits when a KJ downloads the track, so they don't have an incentive to include it in their search results because it provides no revenue to them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Lonman wrote:
3. Karaoke Cloud (ie Digitrax) has one off single buy downloads available. No monthly charge to do so.

It doesn't appear that way. Why don't the links take you directly to the song you're looking for? Why can't people listen to a clip of the song before signing up? ...and what are you signing up for? I'll gladly add their catalog to the archive section but they don't appear to make that publicly available either. I went to the Karaoke Cloud conference in 2012, where they tried to sell the rest of the industry on the idea of renting music. I wasn't impressed then, and 8 years later, I'm still not. In fact, you're the only ones questioning why we haven't added them. No one is asking for them to be catalogued. I don't even know why, and frankly not even motivated to find out. Is the process so awful? Is the music that bad? Who cares? If no one is asking for it, the music obviously ain't flying off the shelves. If their music was of any quality, they would LOVE for people to sample it before buying. You mean to tell me that after 8 years, they still are forcing people to sign up for something before hearing the actual product they're buying? That doesn't sound like a company who is proud of what they're selling. It sounds more like a company who is trying to lure you into something.

The sign up is free. No need to pay a monthly fee for downloading just for the streaming. God Bob you are so ignorant. To purchase in party tyme and Karaoke Version you have to be signed into your personal account.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:17 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The sign up is free. No need to pay a monthly fee for downloading just for the streaming........... To purchase in party tyme and Karaoke Version you have to be signed into your personal account.
Correct, you still need to register for an account at ANY of the sites you download from. The only difference with Digitrax is you need to login first before searching - but since it's results are included in Open KJ, I can search for the song prior to going to the site.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Lonman wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
The sign up is free. No need to pay a monthly fee for downloading just for the streaming........... To purchase in party tyme and Karaoke Version you have to be signed into your personal account.
Correct, you still need to register for an account at ANY of the sites you download from. The only difference with Digitrax is you need to login first before searching - but since it's results are included in Open KJ, I can search for the song prior to going to the site.

And that's what sets apart OpenKJ database from Icroons. And Bob he does indicate what is only available in the UK in the results.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:45 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Bob while I have used iCroons for well over a decade, several KJ shows I've been to prior to the virus are using the OpenKJ platform. In one case the KJ attempts to buy the song immediately, download, and play for the singer, it does take several minutes (something I would not do as it slows up the show, but tell singer I'll have it next time if available), but many times he's able to purchase the song. I'd try adding the OpenKJ link as a service, but warn that you're not able to preview the song. Most of the time singers want to know if the song is available, and many times I send recommendation links to KV or PT to make the song, sometimes it works.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:30 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

With the open kj results, only 1 (one) site doesn't have song preview.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
God Bob you are so ignorant.

Danny, I have to disagree with that statement. Bob is, by no means ignorant. Actually, he's a pretty smart guy. There is a difference between being incorrect and being ignorant. And if Bob was in fact incorrect about something, and I don't know if he was, does not make him ignorant.

Danny, during these troubling times, I hope you can find it in your heart to be nice to people. Your remark was uncalled for.

Thanks Danny. May you have a beautiful evening.

Advantage: Latshaw