KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - FLAWLESS PERFECT Sound Choice discs on eBay Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:48 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Time to retire, I don't know why I didn't post here first, but it's been so long that I forgot my name, then password....... In any event, I put up almost 200 SC's (MOST are spotlight) on eBay. I have a few used lot sets that are pretty much useless because SC decided to discontinue them after they released them, BUT.... I did have them all backed up, and for those, I have a flash drive with all the songs on the cd's that play perfectly (1:1 ratio). I also have lot sets & individual discs listed, that (after we went digital) we just loaded & put back into the case. Those are perfect - NO marks, scratches, scuffs, etc. I won't put up all of the links, but you can find them all through this listing -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201637910564?eu ... Tags=bu=bu

Feel free to ask any & all questions and I'll do my best to help.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Um, did you hear he's retiring - not going to be hosting shows anymore.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
It matters zero if he sells these discs with or without media shifted files. What matters (to PEP) is what the buyer does with the purchased goods.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If the purchaser doesn't use the files on the flash drives, tell me how the seller OR the buyer is the least bit culpable. If the seller sells the discs and the flash drive with only the contents of the discs, it's not any kind of infringement until and unless the files are used (trademark displayed. And thank goodness the courts are slowly changing that stipulation) without PEP's permission.

I'm talking about this auction and this auction only. So, it's in the OP, but I don't see it in the *eBay auction description* where is selling a flash drive with the disc contents on it.

Last edited by djdon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

His feedback rating is 100% with 3 neutrals in the past 12 months, all non-karaoke related. And again, there's no mention of any 'bootlegged' product or flash drive offered in this auction. What the he!! are you talking about??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
I know it's only 8:47am and many of you haven't hd your morning coffee. So let me explain something to you.

"THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS NOT AWARE THAT HE IS BOOTLEGGING AND CURRENTLY SELLING PIRATED PRODUCTS"

READ THE DISK. IT SAYS IN PLAIN SITE "DO NOT COPY"

DJDON, don't miss-inform people that it is safe to do so.
Why don't you read the Seventh District's appellate court ruling that playing from disc, hard drive, flash drive or anything else, is NOT (I repeat "NOT") trademark infringement.

While you're at it, ask yourself the following:
  • Did Phoenix Entertainment Partners manufacture the disc?
  • Did Phoenix Entertainment Partners record the music?
  • Did Phoenix Entertainment Partners encode the files?
  • Did Phoenix Entertainment Partners distribute and sell the discs?
  • Is playing the contents of the disc from a hard drive or flash drive infringement?
The answer to all of these questions is "No."

Just because Phoenix Entertainment Partners tells you that they think it's infringement -- because they make money scaring you into believing that -- doesn't make it true.

You seriously need to spend some time reading older posts here. Almost every post you make has been covered over the years and you really are not helping your own image or giving yourself credibility when you treat the rest of us in your condescending manner.

Read all the documents from the lawsuit when EMI sued Phoenix Entertainment Partners for "infringement" and decide if they are the heroes you really want to align yourself with.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:15 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

1) that's great to hear you have your disks in mint condition.
2) it's great u have backed up to drive 1:1

but...

1) you are putting yourself in the technical infringer zone without Pep SC certification.
2) if you sell off your disks, the drive will be none other than a bootleg drive of SC tracks.

We haven't done a public show since December 2015. I held onto everything in the event, that after 24 years, I decided to change my mind, but, I can't do it any more. As far as PEP, that should fall on the owner of the disk - 1:1, which is easy to prove & show with the actual disc in hand. The new owner of the disc could say - "hey PEP, I have a new disc I want to register. Can I transfer/convert the files"?, they say "ok", then transfer complete. I only have a couple of bulk listings with the flash drives, and that's only because the discs have damaged areas on the printed side that causes them not to play at all. These were all discontinued before they decided to quit releasing discs & just sue everyone instead, and couldn't be replaced. ALL of the other individual discs & small sets, are the FLAWLESS cd's, no flash drive included because it's not needed.

Last edited by djjay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:20 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Yes I did read that Lonman. Just like to share some awareness that what he has and what he is selling can lead the next owner into Technical infringing issues if not aware of the SC certification tis all.

Quote:
I have a few used lot sets that are pretty much useless because SC decided to discontinue them after they released them, BUT.... I did have them all backed up, and for those, I have a flash drive with all the songs on the cd's that play perfectly (1:1 ratio).

Not trying to get anyone in trouble. Just sharing awareness but since you're on the "Pick on Me" mood lonman why don't you explain to me something?

is it ok to sell SC CDG disks on ebay with a USB backup drive? looking at his 3000+ feedback and sold listings, I am certain that he is not aware of Piracy and bootlegging.

I am well aware of piracy & bootlegging. I've never sold, used, or allowed someone to "use their own disc" (back in the day) if it was a copy. I was a distributor for THM for about 5 years until they went under.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:34 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

This thread was not intended to stir up any controversy or arguments. I don't worry about trying to keep up with PEP's ever changing position on everything because I haven't done a show in over 8 months and have no intention of doing it again. I wanted to post HERE, because I have purchased cd's from other members here in the past, and I thought it fitting to let those who may be interested know, that (along with the 3 listings of damaged discs that have the notorious flash drives) I have over 150 other Spotlights listed that are PERFECT & FLAWLESS and those do NOT include a flash drive because it's not needed. These are becoming increasingly harder to come by, and I know that unless you find one still factory sealed, you won't find one in better condition than mine. Sure, the jewel cases may have scuffs or a crack from years of storage etc, but every single disc is original & perfect. You're more than welcome to look at my karaoke listings and I can take pictures of ANY disk you want to see, INCLUDING the bottom. With all of the major companies no longer making new CD's, everything being downloaded now (with questionable legalities ie: Triceresoft etc), all the "extra" money you have to pay to companies who won't put their old music out in a format that MOST people are using nowadays, I have to say that I'm glad that I chose to hang up the mic. Sure, I still love to sing, watch others sing etc, but all of this pointless arguing about everything that in 5 years isn't going to matter gets old and tiring. I remember when CAVS was the first one out of the gate with digital karaoke. People were talking/arguing about the "format" for years until everyone else caught up to the "new" way of running karaoke (digital). Yes, CAVS had their legal issues in the beginning, I'm not defending or endorsing them in any way, but they stepped out of the box and saw the way it was headed. After them was the NEO format/player, MTU & a litany of other software platforms that allowed you to run digital from a computer or laptop. A FEW companies - TH & CB them PH, actually put their music out in the digital format - on disc - so you could load it onto a hard drive, not just for the CAVS players but other formats as well, then they too went under. SC reminds me of a 99 year old grumpy old man, set in his ways, who lives by himself & doesn't want to be bothered with anything "new". They are just NOW - in 2016 - deciding to start releasing music in a digital format. I find myself wondering if it actually took them the last 10 years to figure out how to do it, or if they just said "might as well". So, in 5 - 10 years from now, I think people will look back at this and think to themselves "what a bunch of idiots, what ever happened to having a beer, singing a couple songs an having a good time"? Thanks everyone, for sharing. My brother & I buy Estates now - no time for the bars - just as fun, a lot less stress & great money. It free's up my nights to actually have fun at a karaoke bar and not worry about drunk people damaging anything.

Last edited by djjay on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

For the record, I don't believe half the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> that gets posted in forums.
Especially from you! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
I have a few used lot sets that are pretty much useless because SC decided to discontinue them after they released them, BUT.... I did have them all backed up, and for those, I have a flash drive with all the songs on the cd's that play perfectly (1:1 ratio).

Not trying to get anyone in trouble. Just sharing awareness but since you're on the "Pick on Me" mood lonman why don't you explain to me something?

is it ok to sell SC CDG disks on ebay with a USB backup drive? looking at his 3000+ feedback and sold listings, I am certain that he is not aware of Piracy and bootlegging.
As long as the original discs are going with the flash drive - it's done all the time, he isn't selling the flash drive with no discs - THAT is bootlegging and piracy. Now what the purchaser does with them doesn't fall on the seller. It's now up to the purchaser to get those discs certified with PEP or not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thanks for the support Lonman..... I went on a little rant off topic in an above post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:58 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Even Sound Choice on their FAQ had something along the lines if I made a copy and sent it to my friend that didn't have cdg capability, can I send the copy? The answer was YES as long as the original disc accompanied the copy, but not by itself. There would be no difference here. He is selling the discs with the flashdrive to accompany them - not selling the flashdrive by itself and keeping the discs, not selling burns/backups of discs but the original discs. The flashdrive is simply for the new owner to be able to transfer without having to rip themselves - which would most likely be done anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
This is what I mean in many threads, I give a simple answer and all hell breaks out.
No, you give an uninformed opinion what you think is an answer in a very condescending manner. You are cultivating resentment and you probably don't know it. If you're feeling "ganged up on" that would be the evidence you need.
you refer to my first reply I was simply making you aware of something that perhaps you may have not known.
If you read some of the older threads, you'd see that some subjects have been beat to death... (and I've done my share of beating)
As for lonman's answer about the usb flash drive to go with the disks, SHOW ME PROOF THAT THIS IS OK!!!!
I would direct your attention to the recent ruling by the Seventh District court (a federal court) which affirmed the ruling of a lower court that playing a karaoke song from a disc, hard drive, USB, VCR, DVD, or coconut projector is NOT infringement, nor has it ever been infringement. No matter what your buddies from PEP say. As a matter of fact, PEP is trying to get them to change their mind.....

I would challenge you to show me "proof" that it is NOT "ok."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:05 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Off topic posts deleted..