KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Bose L1 Classic Buy or Sell Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Classified Ads Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:11 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Welp, my Bose L1 classic finally had an issue after 17 years of service. One of the 27 volt power supplies died. So, I am teetering back and forth over whether to fix it or sell it off for parts. So far I am having a problem locating parts as Bose understandably no longer supports this model. I did find a base on ebay that is available for parts but the people listing it do not know if it's been opened before. I also found a guy that can do flat rate repairs for $350 plus one way shipping but he doesn't sell parts.

So, is there anyone that has a base they do not need any longer?

Or..

Is there anyone interested in two B1's with cables and covers (One cable has a clip that is broken off but still works otherwise), The two columns with covers (Normal wear and tear with some added wear on the top column cover and one zipper part that doesn't work), A base that works perfectly aside from the top column amp due to the power supply. The amp board is fine as I plugged one of the other power supplies in and the top amp and column worked great. That means the prized Aux power supply is in perfect working order. The remote and cable are in great working shape. One dial is a little harder to turn than the rest but still does the job.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 111 times
Well just an FYI I bought one used once a few years back that the the lower tower speaker in the base didn't work. Both tower speakers worked. I pieced out the 2 speakers no covers, $475 the base went for $199, the remote on ebay for over $700 total. Still have the the B1 still. If you have the time I would go that route and use that to buy new!!! i originally bought it all for $350 in the condition it was in!!! Just food for thought!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:16 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Yep, that's an option. I could probably even part out the pcbs in the base. Those Aux power supply boards are like gold from what I am finding out and this one is still going strong. I hate to do it. Nothing has ever compared to the sound from the classic. They did it right with that unit and it was down hill from there.

I'd fix it in a heartbeat if I could find a 27 volt PS board for a reasonable price. I could get the components and fix this one but I haven't done board level repair in a long time.