KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - KJ's - Working Audience Dynamics in a business model Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:14 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
As Kj's I'm sure you have heard the song "I love this Bar"  ya know, "we got winners, we got losers..."

So let's apply this to audience dynamics:

-------------------------------------------------
"We got water and we got pop drinkers"
"We got slow singers and we got butchers"
"And we got thirsty karaoke singerrrrs"
"And the Karoke host's job is to make lots of money for the bar"
"Hmmm-Hmmm, Mmmm, Mmmmm, I love my job"
--------------------------------------------------

So, let's take the first verse of this.  Keep in mind I am looking at this from a business model, so I'm going to be brutally honest.

Water and pop drinkers: I want them gone, or paying what drinking customers are paying, So what do we do???????  Let's talk ===>>> http://www.karaoke-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7242
Slow Singers:  Too many really drags the crowd energy down, resulting in slower sales.  So what do we do????  Let's talk  ===> http://www.karaoke-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7244
Butchers:  Crowd usually adopt them (underdog principle).  Give new singers courage (at least I won't be worse singer)
Thirsty Karaoke singers:  Yea, baby. Cha-Ching!

"We got regulars, we got newbies"
"Party-animal fools and wall flowers"
"We got em married, we got em coupled"
"Peeps looking to get lucky and score an All-niter"
"And the singer all talk about their battle scars"
"Hmmm-Hmmm, Mmmm, Mmmmm, I love my job"

Regulars:  Got to love them as long as they drink alot, they build the "family"
Newbies:  What better potential to get a drinking regular to adopt into the "family"
Party-Animals:  As long as they don't get out control, great assitants for pumping the crowd up
Wall Flowers:  This is were the KJ should come into play.  Intro to the "family" to bring them out of their shell
Married:
Face it, most married people tend to go nite-nite early.  KJ should somehow meet their needs early.  That's why I don't like the 1 duet=1 song for EACH person.  Talk to them about getting in early so they can sing more, point them to gigs you have that have less people.  Also need to push romance like "What a lucky guy to have a beautiful woman sing a song to you"
Couples: Still hot for each other, like to stay out late, good for biz.  A "whooo Baby" while they are kissing shoud suffice
Peeps...All-niter:  Baby, sing that romantic love song to the opposite to get into the sheets .... even if you are married!!!
Singers ... Scars:
A biggie I think. If the conversation touches on singing throughout the the nite, people are clapping for each other, ribbing each other, daring each other, etc all over Karaoke, then it shows owners this is what is "bring'ing em' in" , and give people a common base from to build a family from.

------------- Grand Finale *** Drumroll please ---------------------------------------
"I love my job, and when I'm in a place"
"I should be trolling around the bar floor, putting smiles on everyones face"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I truly believe the number one reason people will pay a premium for service (that's what we offer as KJ's right) is when they trust and like you.  You need to become their friend!

Sure, if someone is a song junkie (attention K-Mart shoppers, blue light special at bar around the corner) , they go where the "sale" is - high number of songs sung, not matter what you do.

So, what we need is to build a customer base who will pay the premium (buy drinks) and only go to your shows because they love you!!!!  As a side note, this all assumes WITHOUT argument that you are providing the basic Karaoke need (good audio, CDG's, etc)

Will put some additional off-shoot topics later, but gtg for now

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile