KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Rank your current gigs from favorite to meh Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:34 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
What makes it a favorite to you?
What makes it meh?

No need for venue names. You can say the day of the week.

Last edited by Product 19 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
It's a blessing to be working.

None of my 3 weekly gigs right now give me goosebumps or butterflies tho.

I'm still looking for that one spot that makes me really look forward to it. A spot that's a perfect 10 if it exists.

Favorite of the 3: Wednesday gig. I like the day itself: midweek. The venue lets me do whatever and play whatever music. This spot has the potential to be great but just falls short. Ah well. I wish more people knew of it or came out. It's faraway but I enjoy the scenic drive. I feel the most freedom as a KJ at this gig. Like I could host in my pyjamas and none would care and I'll still get a check. Would like to see this gig go to a next level...

Middle favorite: Friday gig. Every week this gig puts a stamp on the weekends. This is the last minute hail Mary shot that always scores type of atmosphere. I dunno how we pull it off every Friday. I dunno if I can keep this magical ride pace going but I'm holding on. This show feels like being the best rapper on a song with 4 other rappers; like yeah you're awesome right now but someone will take your crown or the crowd will outgrow you. Feels like being the headline stripper at a racy raucous bar.

Least favorite: Tuesday. Forever grateful to have it; yet I've been here hosting forever. And it still pulls a crowd. Never thought I'd still be here years later with the same frenzy still going. Need to figure out a way to spice it up here. Sometimes the crowds are too big and I lose my cool since I've been here so long. Definitely a gig I need to have a stand-in, time to time. It's gonna be very bittersweet when I say to myself 'man I've been here 10 friggin years ...' a few years from now. But I'd like for this to be the 3rd gig I've reached 10 years at.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile