KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Comparing pre-Pandemic Numbers Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Our local numbers before all this Covid crap took over our world were usually in the 35 to 40 range, although we'd had much higher from time to time.

Then came Covid, and all karaoke ceased... we dropped to zero.

In the spring, our provincial government allowed us to start up again, but with severe restrictions as to allowable attendance, social distancing, masks, no dancing, etc. Nevertheless, our numbers often hit the mid-twenties.

Then, in mid-September, the government bureaucrats dropped another bomb. From that point on, anyone entering the club had to prove double vaccination. Our numbers dropped to a low of 11... the lowest I'd ever seen in all my years of hosting. I even agreed to lower my normal fee in order to keep the doors open.

But they're coming back. Last night's gig saw 24 singers, and a few non-singers come to the Club... and I'm hoping for just as many, if not more next week. Time will tell, I guess.

Are you seeing the same trend(s) in your area? Is karaoke going to survive where you live?

Just curious.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:49 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Earl, of course each area will differ greatly, but in ours, the numbers are actually a little bit higher than they were pre-pandemic. However, that also must take in the fact that a few venues did not survive. But those that did, seem to be doing better than before. This is a "generalization" of our area, but it seems to be the way it is.

By the way,,, good to see you Earl!! This place just isn't the same without ya!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Things have improved in California, especially since local government here takes the matter of vaccination seriously, both the public and the private sector. There are still some who refuse to take the shot, but most citizens here realize, the importance of everyone getting their shots. Most employers in California mandate their workers to be vaccinated. Then again California is on the cutting edge. It is where most of the country will be in 20 to 30 years, as the Mills and Generation Z's start to vote nationally.

Crowds are returning to normal as would be expected with the emphasis on getting everyone vaccinated.