KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke health in Your Area Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:04 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I would think the lack of a response indicates the depths this pandemic has sunk the industry to.

Honestly, yes you could view it that way. It is certainly a possibility. But I think more accurately is that this forum doesn't get nearly the participation as it once did. People are just more interested in other things, like their daily lives. Like I said, even the admins have been absent. JD popped in when we noticed he had been gone for a while, now it's been a "new" while since he has posted. Lonnie and Phil have been noticeably gone. Even the guys who do at least pop online to check stuff, rarely post anything.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I would think the lack of a response indicates the depths this pandemic has sunk the industry to.

Honestly, yes you could view it that way. It is certainly a possibility. But I think more accurately is that this forum doesn't get nearly the participation as it once did. People are just more interested in other things, like their daily lives. Like I said, even the admins have been absent. JD popped in when we noticed he had been gone for a while, now it's been a "new" while since he has posted. Lonnie and Phil have been noticeably gone. Even the guys who do at least pop online to check stuff, rarely post anything.

Oh my God you mean there is life after karaoke? Just kidding.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:54 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Last night's show was a little bit healthier! In previous weeks, the rotation was just pretty much the friend group I brought (so 3 - 6 people depending on the week) and the people the host brought (another two). Last night, there were two other groups who came, and people in our group brought extra people, too. It actually felt like a normal karaoke night again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Last night's show was a little bit healthier! In previous weeks, the rotation was just pretty much the friend group I brought (so 3 - 6 people depending on the week) and the people the host brought (another two). Last night, there were two other groups who came, and people in our group brought extra people, too. It actually felt like a normal karaoke night again.

Glad to see it's picking up for you. Hope it continues.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Alan B wrote:
Glad to see it's picking up for you. Hope it continues.

Same. It felt really good. Like 2019 good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:20 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
Pretty good over all here..we have 5 bars here in Salina,KS having karaoke

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:

it indicates something, that's for sure.
i checked with my venues and the neighbors to see why some are better than others.
the ones I am in raised the pay being offered to a reasonable level and are filled with employees at pre-pandemic levels.
they also have the customers in at pre-pandemic levels (at least on my nights they are, that's all I can say)
the neighbors who want to pay minimum, have tons of openings and can't get people in, some are even worse....
they are wanting servers, cooks and bartenders....at minimum wage with no benefits, yet want someone with multiple years experience, and an analysis of over 95,000 job listings, found that 61 percent of all full-time jobs seeking entry-level employees required at least three years or more of experience.
they want...Progressive employer seeks Harvard-trained neuroscientist and beauty pageant winner. Must be fluent in Mandarin and skilled at tribal basket weaving. Minimum of 10 years experience working for high-tech companies. Salary: mid-30’s.

nobody with those skills will apply, and then employers can say "see...it's THEIR fault, not ours."
that shows the depth this pandemic has sunk the industry to.