KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Host With Equipment Failure Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:33 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
By the way, I am not, never was, nor never will be in the military. The private sector should always have choices, otherwise like you said, it becomes a dictatorship.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:

And that is exactly what needs to happen,,, if you are sick, then stay home. Otherwise, carry on. I stayed home when I had it and it wasn't the end of the world.

You are gambling SCOTT with your life and the life's of your family members. One thing about gambling it feels good when you win, and it sucks when you lose. The stakes couldn't be higher. One thing a smart gambler does is not buck the odds, right now the odds favor vaccination.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
By the way, I am not, never was, nor never will be in the military. The private sector should always have choices, otherwise like you said, it becomes a dictatorship.

I love it trying to save life's rather than take them is now dictatorship. Not to mention private business's should make the decisions about the health, safety of their employees and customers. Not have states like Florida and Texas determine whether these private enterprises can or cannot require shots for there employees. That is real government overreach.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:39 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

I love it trying to save life's rather than take them is now dictatorship.

"Mandating" is a part of dictatorship

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

If your employer demands you be tested for drugs, isn't that dictatorship as well? If they can require that I don't see why they can't insist there is a safe work environment that meets OSHA standards.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:52 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

If your employer demands you be tested for drugs, isn't that dictatorship as well? If they can require that I don't see why they can't insist there is a safe work environment that meets OCEA standards.

First off it's "OSHA". Second, the only reason why business's are mandating is because they are being strong armed by the government to do so. Where I am working, our bosses agree that it is wrong to mandate these shots. And I have only been drug tested when there is an incident. The only time I was drug tested for possible employment was when I was applying for a management job at Walmart years ago. Being drug tested isn't a bad thing at all, because if I have nothing to hide, then I have nothing to answer for. But being mandated to inject a foreign substance into my body is wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:54 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Your fears should never be my reason for making decisions when it comes to my personal well being.

Last edited by mrscott on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:04 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

LR, I just bet you would stand in line to get a vaccination to cure erectile dysfunction if the government told you to. Even if that shot had a 1% chance of killing you. At some point we have to be able to think for ourselves and make a rational decision what is best for each of us according to our own belief systems. And trust me, yours and mine are way different.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrscott wrote:
LR, I just bet you would stand in line to get a vaccination to cure erectile dysfunction if the government told you to.

Wait a minute! Do you mean to tell me that you didn't get that shot? The Erectile Dysfunction Shot (aka EDS) is just wonderful. It took care of my erectile dysfunction problems. Now, I feel like I'm 20 again. For those on the fence about getting this shot, I highly recommend it. It changed my life. So, get the shot! It can change yours too!

It's been a while since I got it, though. I'm thinking maybe I should go get a booster shot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:58 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

First off it's "OSHA". Second, the only reason why business's are mandating is because they are being strong armed by the government to do so. Where I am working, our bosses agree that it is wrong to mandate these shots. And I have only been drug tested when there is an incident. The only time I was drug tested for possible employment was when I was applying for a management job at Walmart years ago. Being drug tested isn't a bad thing at all, because if I have nothing to hide, then I have nothing to answer for. But being mandated to inject a foreign substance into my body is wrong.

First of all it is codified in our laws that yes the government, your employer can require you to be vaccinated, along with schools and colleges. Was a dictatorship in charge when you and me had to get shots to attend school? I don't see the difference between vaccination and mandatory drug testing, they are both mandates, and invasions of one's freedom and privacy. I don't have a problem with mandates when it comes to matters of public health and safety. If a segment of the population doesn't want to comply, they should be shunned, isolated until they do comply.

Thanks I made the correction.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

And that is exactly what needs to happen,,, if you are sick, then stay home. Otherwise, carry on. I stayed home when I had it and it wasn't the end of the world.

I'm not talking about staying home when you are infected. There is no telling how many others you exposed before you found out you were testing positive. I'm saying staying home in lock down mode until you decide to get vaccinated. Your personal freedom does not trump the health and safety of your local community. Just like we do not let companies pollute water supplies, and other items shared by all of us in common. This is a deadly virus, this is not some kind of game, or time for debate, it is time for action. Unless we solve this problem it could end up bringing down our country as we know it. Some countries have had an extended social safety net since 1913, as is in the case of France, it is about time we joined the modern world. Stopped all of the weird stories , just rolled up our sleeves.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Pertussis
Diptheria
Tetanus
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Varicella
Rotovirus

mandated already, it's not a new thing in this country at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:20 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Pertussis
Diptheria
Tetanus
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Varicella
Rotovirus

mandated already, it's not a new thing in this country at all.

Wrong again!!! The CDC does not set vaccination requirements, each state sets their own. And if you don't know, some states don't "require" any at all. Some of those vaccines are no longer given, only on request. At our current time, our state only requires the MMR, polio, DPT, hepatitis and varicella. And some of those are only required if a child is under a certain age. It changes as they grow older (if they hadn't had them already from elsewhere)

I understand your reasoning, and I am not against vaccines, not by a long shot. I have had several of those you have listed myself. My argument is this current Corona virus "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine at all. It's too new, too experimental, we don't know the long term affects "yet", and it's efficacy has already been questioned. If a person needs a booster within six months of the first dose in order for any level of immunity, then it's effectiveness isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Plus it actually does NOT prevent actually contracting the virus. It only helps in keeping a person from having the symptoms becomes too severe. Is it a good thing? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I for one simply do NOT trust the government to actually tell us the full truth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

Wrong again!!! The CDC does not set vaccination requirements, each state sets their own. And if you don't know, some states don't "require" any at all. Some of those vaccines are no longer given, only on request. At our current time, our state only requires the MMR, polio, DPT, hepatitis and varicella. And some of those are only required if a child is under a certain age. It changes as they grow older (if they hadn't had them already from elsewhere)

I understand your reasoning, and I am not against vaccines, not by a long shot. I have had several of those you have listed myself. My argument is this current Corona virus "vaccine" is NOT a vaccine at all. It's too new, too experimental, we don't know the long term affects "yet", and it's efficacy has already been questioned. If a person needs a booster within six months of the first dose in order for any level of immunity, then it's effectiveness isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Plus it actually does NOT prevent actually contracting the virus. It only helps in keeping a person from having the symptoms becomes too severe. Is it a good thing? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I for one simply do NOT trust the government to actually tell us the full truth.

There are ample laws on the books concerning mandates. These laws goes back to 1911 and have been used since. The Federal Government has the power to withhold funds to schools, and government contractors that don't comply with Federal Mandates. To me anything that keeps you out of the ICU or dying is worth looking at and using. I don't have a problem with those of you that don't want to take your shot, as long as you stay home and don't go out in the general public. MR.SCOTT you have had this virus what now 2 times, and have survived how long do you think you can dodge the bullet? Maybe the rest of society thinks such gambling is unacceptable and doesn't want to take the risk. You can gamble with your own life, not with the lives of others. You have tested positive 2 times at least, how many people did you come in contact with just in your hosting duties? Did you ever think that maybe you or your show might have been a public health risk? You don't trust the government, I don't trust crackpots.

P.S. The vaccines are not experimental they have proven, they have reduced infections and deaths, and are the only hope that we can return in the near future, to some degree of normalcy. Maybe I shouldn't harp on this too much, you are of the opinion that this virus will be with us for decades. If it is, it will change this country in ways you might not like, have you ever thought of that? It has already happened concerning the workforce and the job market.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:01 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

There are ample laws on the books concerning mandates. These laws goes back to 1911 and have been used since. The Federal Government has the power to withhold funds to schools, and government contractors that don't comply with Federal Mandates. To me anything that keeps you out of the ICU or dying is worth looking at and using. I don't have a problem with those of you that don't want to take your shot, as long as you stay home and don't go out in the general public. MR.SCOTT you have had this virus what now 2 times, and have survived how long do you think you can dodge the bullet? Maybe the rest of society thinks such gambling is unacceptable and doesn't want to take the risk. You can gamble with your own life, not with the lives of others. You have tested positive 2 times at least, how many people did you come in contact with just in your hosting duties? Did you ever think that maybe you or your show might have been a public health risk? You don't trust the government, I don't trust crackpots.

P.S. The vaccines are not experimental they have proven they have reduced infections and deaths, and are the only hope that we can return in the near future to some degree of normalcy. Maybe I shouldn't harp on this too much, you are of the opinion that this virus will be with us for decades. If it is, it will change this country in ways you might not like, have you ever thought of that?

Again, you are not correct. I had the virus exactly " 1 time", not twice,,, you imagined the other I suppose. I did test twice, but tested positive only once. I have no clue where you thought otherwise. If you don't retract that statement, then I WILL take action. Do you understand that???

If you had your way, we would be living in a society where anyone who thinks differently than you would be locked away. Does that sound like anyone else in history that you can think of? I am so glad of our ability to live in a country where people like you don't make the choices for the rest of us.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:15 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Again, I have to emphasize, I am NOT anti-vaxx. I am a person who has been taken advantage of too many times by governing entities to ever learn to trust them or what they say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:31 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Have you ever thought that it might be those who have been vaccinated already who are unknowingly spreading the virus? It's quite possible and very likely that they don't know they have the virus because they are either not showing symptoms, or very mild ones. So they go out into public unwittingly sharing germs to those around them. This is happening, I can guarantee it. 37% of those testing positive right now in our state are breakthrough cases. Is anyone getting tested who has already been vaccinated? I do not know. At least those who haven't been vaccinated know if they are or are not contagious if they are tested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:17 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
Have you ever thought that it might be those who have been vaccinated already who are unknowingly spreading the virus? It's quite possible and very likely that they don't know they have the virus because they are either not showing symptoms, or very mild ones. So they go out into public unwittingly sharing germs to those around them. This is happening, I can guarantee it. 37% of those testing positive right now in our state are breakthrough cases. Is anyone getting tested who has already been vaccinated? I do not know. At least those who haven't been vaccinated know if they are or are not contagious if they are tested.

All the more reason all should be vaccinated, then you wouldn't have to worry about spreading germs. I'm sorry if I thought you have been infected twice, you could have been and not known it by your statement above. The point is where citizens have been vaccinated the number of people admitted to ICU's and dying from the virus have dropped over 90%. You might think that isn't good enough, but it is better than the status quo, and the only way all of us can go back to normal. If not then the 64 million who have not been vaccinated will continue to extend the suffering of all of us, for decades so you say.

P.S. 28 million of those who aren't vaccinated are little children 5 to 11, are you saying they shouldn't be vaccinated? What are you going to do voodoo medicine, have the shaman sprinkle magic dust on them and wave the old chicken foot over their heads?

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

Again, you are not correct. I had the virus exactly " 1 time", not twice,,, you imagined the other I suppose. I did test twice, but tested positive only once. I have no clue where you thought otherwise. If you don't retract that statement, then I WILL take action. Do you understand that???

If you had your way, we would be living in a society where anyone who thinks differently than you would be locked away. Does that sound like anyone else in history that you can think of? I am so glad of our ability to live in a country where people like you don't make the choices for the rest of us.

So you didn't get it twice, even once would be enough for me to get the vaccine. How many times have I watched the news and those that didn't get the shot, were dying in the ICU begging to take it, after it was too late. I am reacting to the statement, it is irresponsible to be dealing with the public up and close if you have not been vaccinated period. Thinking differently is not the issue, reckless endangerment to the public health is the issue. When anyone is contagious what do we do, we isolate them, until they are ready to go back out in public. To me back in public means you are isolated and then vaccinated, so you are free to resume your life. If 98% of the population were vaccinated, then like Portugal we could return to normal.

P.S. You are going to take action???? What are you going to do beat me to a pulp, I would like to see that. get real!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
Again, I have to emphasize, I am NOT anti-vaxx. I am a person who has been taken advantage of too many times by governing entities to ever learn to trust them or what they say.

So you don't trust anyone, so why should anyone trust you? Think on that one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next