KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 618 times
I have been answering your questions, you just don't agree with my conclusions. Most questions aren't simple no or yes they are very complicated and take thought and reasoning. Simple solutions are for simple minds. There are several questions I have posed to you that you have not answered, what should I think about that?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 987 times
mrscott wrote:
"UBI/vaccine/Democrats rule/Trump sucks/Biden is God"

Now that's the first honest thing you've said. Very credible. It's a good start anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I only have one concern if an infrastructure bill is passed will Utah refuse to accept those federal funds aka handouts, as well? Since it would create thousands of well paying jobs in the state? Also it would pay care givers, finally rewarding the self sacrifice of family members mostly women, who take care of parents and other family members.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I only have one concern if an infrastructure bill is passed will Utah refuse to accept those federal funds aka handouts, as well?

Yea, they probably will refuse it. I'm sure they also refused their stimulus checks too. After all, the government just can't be trusted, so I'm sure that if it has anything to do with government, it will be rejected by the people of Utah.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Yea, they probably will refuse it. I'm sure they also refused their stimulus checks too. After all, the government just can't be trusted, so I'm sure that if it has anything to do with government, it will be rejected by the people of Utah.

Actually Alan, Mr.Scott did accept his first stimulus check and paid down his credit card debt. He was rather vague about what happened to the other checks, he must have gotten them if he filled his taxes? He didn't say what he did with them. I invested all of mine in California Municipal Bonds triple AAA rated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrscott... you need to read this article in it's entirety. If this doesn't change your mind about getting vaccinated, nothing will.

https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-sorr ... ients.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1251 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott... you need to read this article in it's entirety. If this doesn't change your mind about getting vaccinated, nothing will.

Trumpers can't read.
education is liberal indoctrination.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Trumpers can't read.
education is liberal indoctrination.

Unfortunately the only way the lessons of Covid-19 will be learned, is by living the reality of the situation. It is easy to be brave when the virus hasn't touched you. By touching you the anti-vaccine crowd will have to lose someone close before it hits home. Now younger people who are not vaccinated are starting to get sick. Anyone that is old enough to take the shot, now 12 years or older, gee the age of accountability,needs their shots. If going back to school youngsters need to mask up, and follow the rules about distancing, and washing hands. Personally I feel anyone failing to get their shots are only prolonging the national suffering, and forcing the rest of us to face the possibility that the virus will mutate into a variant that the vaccine will not work on.

P.S. Here is a new one from anti-Vaxxer's "Covid-19 vaccination is the Mark Of The Beast", Really?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 367 times
How about this for a sign of recovery. I just got hired for a venue in my town. It's the third one that I know of in this town which use to host several shows on the more popular days to go out on, Wednesday thru Saturday. But signs of the times, while other towns have been up and running for a few months now, my town is behind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
How about this for a sign of recovery. I just got hired for a venue in my town. It's the third one that I know of in this town which use to host several shows on the more popular days to go out on, Wednesday thru Saturday. But signs of the times, while other towns have been up and running for a few months now, my town is behind.

Congrats on picking up a new gig. I have some questions for you...

• What is the name of the place?
• How many hours is it for?
• What time does it start and finish?
• What day of the week is it?
• How much are they paying you?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hey mrscott...

I guarantee if you read this article, you will be running out to get vaccinated. If not, you're even a bigger fool than I thought.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/22/delta-v ... says-.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

You see, mrscott... we are in the early stages of another wave. One even more deadly then the first. So, don't be a fool... get vaccinated. And encourage all those around you to do the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) "It's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not regular folk". "It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down".

"The new cases of COVID are because of unvaccinated folks. Almost 100% of the hospitalizations are with unvaccinated folks, and deaths are certainly occurring with the unvaccinated folks".

It must be pointed out that Ivey has turned down mask mandates, vaccination passports, and other measures needed since so many are unvaccinated. It is quite clear that the anti-Vaxxers are throwing sand in the economic machine of many states. They are preventing the full return to normalcy we would all like to see. Since saying please isn't working stronger measures will have to be used. If the freedom crowd would just get their shots we wouldn't have to take more drastic measures. They are forcing the hands of public health officials, they will be making necessary vaccination passports, requiring employers have their employees vaccinated, and other steps. Anti-Vaxxers are setting up a situation where rational Americans will eventually turn against the GOP, because of this disregard for public health.

P.S. The one light at the end of the tunnel is the FDA will give full approval to the vaccine in August or September, once that happens then employer, government for military and government worker mandates will be doable.

I'm just wondering according to the Alabama Governor the regular folk are the one's who have been vaccinated, does that make the unvaccinated irregular aka abnormal?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:50 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alabama has one of the lowest amounts of vaccinations in the country. And the governor is correct, the unvaccinated is the reason Covid19 is spreading and mutating. Why are people so stupid? Why wouldn't you want to see the end of the pandemic?

As long as people aren't willing to comply and get their shots, you're not going to see an end to it. It will continue to mutate into different variants only getting worse.

I just don't understand why in a national emergency like this, some people aren't willing to do their part so this can end. In the meantime, more life will be lost... all because of stupidity. What the fu*k is wrong with people?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
Alabama has one of the lowest amounts of vaccinations in the country. And the governor is correct, the unvaccinated is the reason Covid19 is spreading and mutating. Why are people so stupid? Why wouldn't you want to see the end of the pandemic?

As long as people aren't willing to comply and get their shots, you're not going to see an end to it. It will continue to mutate into different variants only getting worse.

I just don't understand why in a national emergency like this, some people aren't willing to do their part so this can end. In the meantime, more life will be lost... all because of stupidity. What the fu*k is wrong with people?

Winston Churchill "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else".

P.S. We no longer have grown adults in the room making the hard choices, my parents would have told me get your shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

On a more positive Recovery note, it seems that despite failing on the first procedural vote in the Senate, the bipartisan infrastructure bill is teeing up for Monday, to start debate on the hill. Mitt Romney thinks if not Monday just a day or two later, so progress is being made. It still remains to be seen Alan if Utah will reject it's share of the Federal Money?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
It still remains to be seen Alan if Utah will reject it's share of the Federal Money?

I don't see why they wouldn't. After all, if Utahns are anything like mrscott, they don't trust the government and want nothing to do with them. How do they know that the stimulus checks don't come with strings attached. Or that it's even real money... might be fake. Or maybe there's tiny microchips in those checks. But whatever the reason, they believe the government can't be trusted. So, I doubt they will accept any form of help that our government is willing to provide. In fact, I'm almost sure that no Utahns are on any government program such as Social Security/Disability, Unemployment, Food Stamps, etc. That would be my guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 367 times
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Congrats on picking up a new gig. I have some questions for you...

• What is the name of the place?
• How many hours is it for?
• What time does it start and finish?
• What day of the week is it?
• How much are they paying you?

Thank you.

Mcfairlawns Tavern
4 hours
Every other Monday
None of anyone's business

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I don't think all of the people in the state of Utah are as hardcore as Mr.Scott, many did vote Democrat, I'm sure they would take the money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hey mrscott, maybe this will change your way of thinking...

One of the leading vaccine experts in the nation has a dire warning for Americans: The powerful, fast-spreading delta variant of the coronavirus will “find everybody who is not immune.”

There is “no question that we are going to see a surge,” Dr. Gregory Poland of the prestigious Mayo Clinic told WCCO-TV in Minnesota.

Poland, who wears a mask indoors and outside in crowded conditions, warned the unvaccinated: “Do not be deceived that ‘I got this far and I’m OK.’ This is a very different variant. It will find you. This virus will find everybody who is not immune.”

He added: “This is a serious, current and present danger to you and your families’ health if you are not vaccinated.”

Though the major risk is to the unvaccinated, continuing numbers of those who don’t get the protection present a risk to everyone, he warned.

“The longer we go with large numbers of people unvaccinated, the greater and greater the risk that a new variant will develop that will evade vaccine-induced immunity. So we are our own worst enemies here,” Poland told KARE-11 TV. in Minneapolis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next