KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 987 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
How about this for a sign of recovery. I just got hired for a venue in my town. It's the third one that I know of in this town which use to host several shows on the more popular days to go out on, Wednesday thru Saturday. But signs of the times, while other towns have been up and running for a few months now, my town is behind.

Congrats on picking up a new gig. I have some questions for you...

• What is the name of the place?
• How many hours is it for?
• What time does it start and finish?
• What day of the week is it?
• How much are they paying you?

Thank you.

Mcfairlawns Tavern
4 hours
Every other Monday
None of anyone's business

But you see, it is my business. I'm just looking out for you and don't want to see you taken advantage of. So, if you're not getting at least $150 a night, I may disapprove of this gig. Remember, don't sell yourself short. Accept what you feel you are worth and not what the bar wants to pay you. Thank you.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 618 times
The time for begging people to save their lives is rapidly coming to a close. What Biden should start looking at is taking the lead, the bull by the horns. The President should not wait for final approval of the CDC, and simply mandate that all 9 million Federal Employees, and order all military personnel to take their shots, in order to maintain their employment. This would give cover to other Governors to do the same in their states, it would be a start. Just like health care insurance is mainly through the employer, employers can start requiring employees to get their shots to maintain their employment. Also all teachers should be vaccinated, as well as those working in nursing homes, and other health care providers. For those that don't want to be vaccinated, then mask mandates and all of the other social distancing, washing hands etc.etc. etc. should be reimposed and enforced. The time is now to get tough, if not we are going to have a very bleak rest of this year, with preventable hospitalizations, and deaths mounting.

P.S. It is regretful that this approach is needed, but there are 48 million children in this country under 12 that can't be vaccinated, that must be protected.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 367 times
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
How about this for a sign of recovery. I just got hired for a venue in my town. It's the third one that I know of in this town which use to host several shows on the more popular days to go out on, Wednesday thru Saturday. But signs of the times, while other towns have been up and running for a few months now, my town is behind.

Congrats on picking up a new gig. I have some questions for you...

• What is the name of the place?
• How many hours is it for?
• What time does it start and finish?
• What day of the week is it?
• How much are they paying you?

Thank you.

Mcfairlawns Tavern
4 hours
Every other Monday
None of anyone's business

But you see, it is my business. I'm just looking out for you and don't want to see you taken advantage of. So, if you're not getting at least $150 a night, I may disapprove of this gig. Remember, don't sell yourself short. Accept what you feel you are worth and not what the bar wants to pay you. Thank you.

That rate may be true for your area but without telling you exactly what I am making, I did get the owner to pay me $25 more than the host who was doing it before the pandemic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
That rate may be true for your area but without telling you exactly what I am making, I did get the owner to pay me $25 more than the host who was doing it before the pandemic.

That is amazing in it's self, the venue owner is gambling entertainment will help put his business back in the black. The problem is that because so many have not been vaccinated, we again might have to go back to lock downs, mask mandates, and all the rest of it. The thing that really frosts my cookies, is those that did get their shots have to suffer right along with those who are Anti-Vaxxer's. If new restrictions are imposed, once again it will be the karaoke community that will be the first to go and the last hired back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

That is amazing in it's self, the venue owner is gambling entertainment will help put his business back in the black. The problem is that because so many have not been vaccinated, we again might have to go back to lock downs, mask mandates, and all the rest of it. The thing that really frosts my cookies, is those that did get their shots have to suffer right along with those who are Anti-Vaxxer's. If new restrictions are imposed, once again it will be the karaoke community that will be the first to go and the last hired back.

I am very happy for Danny. I'm sure he'll do a much better job than the previous host. The owner was probably paying him $50 a night and Danny got him to go up to $75. It's a start. Way to go Danny. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

I am very happy for Danny. I'm sure he'll do a much better job than the previous host. The owner was probably paying him $50 a night and Danny got him to go up to $75. It's a start. Way to go Danny. Good luck.

Alan you are under by at least $25.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

A hundred bucks. Not bad, Danny. Especially during these times when so many venues have put karaoke on hold or stopped it completely. The main thing is you got yourself a job. It may not be what you wanted but it's better than nothing. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

A hundred bucks. Not bad, Danny. Especially during these times when so many venues have put karaoke on hold or stopped it completely. The main thing is you got yourself a job. It may not be what you wanted but it's better than nothing. Best of luck.

Just got to stay the course of which software is my main one and which one to use as backup. Right now the main choice is OpenKJ for its slide show background feature and the fact that when I had it as my backup it saved my bacon when both Hoster and Compuhost messed up on me. As to backup, I think that I am just going to use Compuhost and just use the kiosk add on. For remote requests for OpenKJ I am using their app.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Final Act is now playing as far as getting shots to fight the virus, and return our country to a more normal reality. Mandates the last tool in the health tool box are now being employed. The VA is the first government agency requiring all staff and support to get their shots. I still don't understand why Biden hasn't signed an executive order having all troops vaccinated. We cannot afford to have 40% of the military maybe infected, it is a matter of national security. Both California and New York is requiring all of it's public employees to get their shots or in rare cases where they can't to be checked weekly. Once the FDA approves the vaccine you can bet private employers will also mandate their workers to get shots. Also all teachers and those taking care of the elderly should be vaccinated as well. The pressure has to be kept up, since new data shows 20% of the new infections are in the 18 or less age group, last year it was 2%. That is why we are stepping up testing vaccines on the very young.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:17 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Moving forward it looks like the bipartisan infrastructure bill is going to the Senate floor maybe tonight. Chuck Schumer The Senate Majority Leader says he wants to get this done before August recess, if not he might keep the Senate working? Also it would seem the larger 3.5 trillion dollar human infrastructure bill is also moving ahead. Ideally Chuck wants both in the bag before recess, let us see if he can do it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Latest report out today GDP grew at 6.5% for the latest quarter, so we are headed in the right direction. It seems that by investing in humans we are also growing our economy, making sure nobody is left behind. This gives more emphasis in the need to invest not just in hard infrastructure, but also soft. The two great accomplishments in the 50's were the National Highway System, the G.I. Education Bills, and helped fuel our prosperity thru the 70's and 80's.

P.S. Trump in his quest to deny Biden any type of a political victory, has threatened to primary the 17 Republican Senators that voted to move the hard infrastructure bill forward. This time even Moscow Mitch lent his vote to the process. DT is just jealous that he couldn't get an infrastructure bill passed in 4 years in office. That is because he doesn't have a clue about how government is supposed to work.

There are early indications that the infection rate is falling in the U.K., Wales, and Scotland. This is mainly due to the fact that 92% of the population has either been vaccinated, or have been infected and have natural immunity. So it would seem reasonable that once we reach 92% or better, this virus will be a thing of the past. That is unless a new strain develops that defies the vaccines?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
So it would seem reasonable that once we reach 92% or better, this virus will be a thing of the past. That is unless a new strain develops that defies the vaccines?

Because of all the reluctance to getting the shot, we will never reach that 92%. The only way that would happen is if the federal government made vaccinations mandatory if you want to continue living in the United States.

Because of these idiots who refuse the shot, I agree with you that new strains will develop and then it will be too late.

Sooner or later, the Delta Variant will find you. It may kill you. And for those who chose not to get vaccinated and end up dying, I have no sympathy whatsoever. In fact, they deserve to die. After all, by not getting vaccinated, they are only writing their own death sentence.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It matters little if one person dies if they made their choice to. What gets me is by not getting vaccinated, you are putting people around at risk. We have to look at the good of the majority, that must take priority over the discomfort of a few.

P.S. What is heartbreaking is the video showing people some young, begging to take the vaccination, after it is too late to help them. What is tragic is this has become political, many are becoming sick, some dying needlessly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:31 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

News flash that will help the Recovery, now 70% of adults in the U.S. are vaccinated finally hitting that goal, though a month late. Hopefully we can reach 92% like the U.K. and have the numbers start coming down on hospitalizations, and deaths.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:17 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Well the alltelling waste of a handshake agreement but me in the backside. Instead of the $100 promised me he only paid me $60. Granted due failure of three software's to provide full service, I ended up playing for less time. OpenKJ worked fine for karaoke but I couldn't get the filler player to work right. Couldn't get the graphics screen on Siglos to maximize correctly and Compuhost wouldn't align an MP4 video on the screen whether it was DJ or karaoke. Ended up using the most expensive software that I own and proved to myself that I could still manage my rotation manually. That software was VirtualDJ. Next show I plan on using singiverse with it for providing a remote requests service that displays my song list. But I need to find a new show, maybe insist on a contract to say protect both of our interests by spelling it out on paper.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Well the alltelling waste of a handshake agreement but me in the backside. Instead of the $100 promised me he only paid me $60. Granted due failure of three software's to provide full service, I ended up playing for less time. OpenKJ worked fine for karaoke but I couldn't get the filler player to work right. Couldn't get the graphics screen on Siglos to maximize correctly and Compuhost wouldn't align an MP4 video on the screen whether it was DJ or karaoke. Ended up using the most expensive software that I own and proved to myself that I could still manage my rotation manually. That software was VirtualDJ. Next show I plan on using singiverse with it for providing a remote requests service that displays my song list. But I need to find a new show, maybe insist on a contract to say protect both of our interests by spelling it out on paper.

Danny, I'm sorry to hear you got the shaft. Did he say why he was only paying you $60? Personally, I wouldn't leave my house for $60. What this man did was an insult to you. I would not return and do anymore work for this loser unless you come to a firm agreement for the price you want.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Times are tough guys! You were worried about pirates flooding the market, and bringing down hosting fees. Gigs that used to pay 150.00 for four hours, now are 50.00 plus tips and drinks. Just hope it doesn't get to having a sign "I'll host for food", by the freeway. Many venues have bought their own systems, and in the case of some Lodges, have member volunteer's who run the entertainment, no fees.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:02 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Here's your sign of recovery. And should I say, I told you so...ummm, yeah.

http://thoughtcrimeradio.net/2021/08/scamdemic-mt-vernon-school-board-meeting-gets-a-dose-of-science/?fbclid=IwAR2J3Q-YXtaCxVRDrJx2KyjwcdrYKRivqhJH_3mN3eWphytHdd35qe0vwpg

LMMFAO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Well the 1.2 Trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill passed the Senate 69-30, and has been sent back to the House. The money spent on improving our infrastructure will provide 100's of thousands of jobs and for every dollar spent it will generate 7 dollars increasing our GDP by that amount. Of course continues to put down the bill, one that he couldn't pass when in office. He is the typical sour grapes person. It will be a shot in the arm economically to this country.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

gd123 wrote:

Here's the bottom line...

99% of the people filling up our hospitals and ICU's are unvaccinated. Many of them have died. Many of them WILL die. And that includes young and old.

This "so called" doctor, IMO, is not credible.

Wearing a mask, while may not be foolproof, offers some protection over not wearing a mask at all. And getting vaccinated works. It has saved lives. That's why the majority of new cases are from unvaccinated people.

And as a side note...

Ron DeSantis should be called the Grim Reaper of Death, NOT the governor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next