KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:07 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
this is supposed to be a karaoke forum..K A R A O K E....?????? ..LOL

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 612 times
GK Productions wrote:

Not only KARAOKE, since hosts, the venues that hire them, and the patrons they service all live in the real world. The real world of KARAOKE has been stopped for over a year now, since the pandemic took hold. Until there is a recovery and a sense of normalcy returns, this is the world all hosts live in. That is why all hosts should be interested in when the recovery takes over fully, and everyone can go back to their former occupations. You might not like it, I might not like it, but there is really little to be done, except make sure you get your shot.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Good new California is supposed to open back up on the 15th of this month fully. Let us see what happens it is only a few days away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:31 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
GK Productions wrote:

Not only KARAOKE, since hosts, the venues that hire them, and the patrons they service all live in the real world. The real world of KARAOKE has been stopped for over a year now, since the pandemic took hold. Until there is a recovery and a sense of normalcy returns, this is the world all hosts live in. That is why all hosts should be interested in when the recovery takes over fully, and everyone can go back to their former occupations. You might not like it, I might not like it, but there is really little to be done, except make sure you get your shot.

It seems to me that it will still be gone. Over the past year, people have become accustomed to new formats of leisure and establishments willy-nilly will have to adapt to these formats.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Kay_B wrote:

It seems to me that it will still be gone. Over the past year, people have become accustomed to new formats of leisure and establishments willy-nilly will have to adapt to these formats.

It is true that many venues have closed and will not reopen. That even though there is pent up demand, it is not certain in which direction the recovery will go. I have always thought the bulk of karaoke patrons are in the BB section of the population. That population has been greatly reduced due to the pandemic and it's effecting the seniors more harshly. The pandemic itself has exposed many weakness's in our economic system, and has shown that unfettered capitalism is just as dangerous as having too many regulations. Ideas that have never been floated around before are beginning to be looked at. Our Health Delivery System, is in bad need of reform. We need to get rid of employer based health system, and the adopting of Medicare for all, or some other Universal health system.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 143 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I have always thought the bulk of karaoke patrons are in the BB section of the population. That population has been greatly reduced due to the pandemic and it's effecting the seniors more harshly.

Depends on the area. I live in a college town. Karaoke by and large here is the 20s-30s segment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just went out to the store. Seems that the first day of reopening and masks are for the most part optional. I did not have to show my vaccination card, people more or less are taking your word for the fact you have had your shot or shots. I was surprised to see so many people still wearing masks. I don't know if it is because they haven't had their shots, or because they are waiting for 70% herd immunity? Vermont has an 80% vaccination rate, the highest in the country, but they are a small state.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:53 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1580 times
I just got back from a 6 week, 17 state, 6700 mile RV trip. I went from Florida to Idaho. During that trip I never had to wear a mask a single time. 99% of all people were maskless and it felt great!!!!.

I have not gotten the vaccine and never will. For those of you who have, I wish you well in your future of never ending vaccinations.

I left my karaoke show in the hands of a couple that I trained a couple of years ago and got back to a huge number of singers/listeners/dancers that was bigger than when I left! Why?... because we have now combined our audiences. I had 32 singers last night and typically during summer months in Florida I would have 1/2 that number.

I did get bad news that one our singers got Covid, and has been on a ventilator for a couple of weeks now. He will recover, but it will take some time. He has no idea where he may have gotten the virus. This is my first known case of a singer that has attended my shows. He is 76 and has always had multiple health issues going on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I just got back from a 6 week, 17 state, 6700 mile RV trip. I went from Florida to Idaho. During that trip I never had to wear a mask a single time. 99% of all people were maskless and it felt great!!!!.

I have not gotten the vaccine and never will. For those of you who have, I wish you well in your future of never ending vaccinations.

I left my karaoke show in the hands of a couple that I trained a couple of years ago and got back to a huge number of singers/listeners/dancers that was bigger than when I left! Why?... because we have now combined our audiences. I had 32 singers last night and typically during summer months in Florida I would have 1/2 that number.

I did get bad news that one our singers got Covid, and has been on a ventilator for a couple of weeks now. He will recover, but it will take some time. He has no idea where he may have gotten the virus. This is my first known case of a singer that has attended my shows. He is 76 and has always had multiple health issues going on.

I get it you don't want to wear a mask, you don't want to get your shot, you are an adult so you made your choice. 32 singers that would mean it would take over two hours to turn the rotation around, not a show for those who want to have the mic in their hands every 30 min or less, for sure. You mean this is the first case that you personally know of, there could have been many others you don't know about also. I hope that your patron will make a full recovery, it does show that this pandemic is the great leveler and that things will not return to normal for sometime.

One thing this pandemic exposed is our need for Universal Health Care of some kind in this country. The right to medical treatment for all should be the goal we are striving for. We need to rethink our spending of the military, rely more on our alliances, and take seriously the threat that hackers pose to our internet system. Happy to hear you are back safely.

P.S. Isn't the flu shot every year a never ending vaccination? You have to expect that the older you get the more inclined to catch virus's since your immune system usually declines with age.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 970 times
mrmarog wrote:
During that trip I never had to wear a mask a single time. 99% of all people were maskless and it felt great!!!!.

Your attitude about refusing to get vaccinated and wear a mask is very sad. It shows that you could care less about being exposed to Covid19 and passing it on to your family and friends.

So, I have a question regarding your statement above: Would it still feel great if you got the virus and you were in critical condition? Required being on a ventilator, fighting for your life? Or, what if it took a loved one from you such as your wife, son, daughter, mother, father, friends, etc. Would you still feel great?

You, and others who share your mentality, are the reason why this pandemic has lasted for as long as it has. Sad... very sad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
During that trip I never had to wear a mask a single time. 99% of all people were maskless and it felt great!!!!.

Your attitude about refusing to get vaccinated and wear a mask is very sad. It shows that you could care less about being exposed to Covid19 and passing it on to your family and friends.

So, I have a question regarding your statement above: Would it still feel great if you got the virus and you were in critical condition? Required being on a ventilator, fighting for your life? Or, what if it took a loved one from you such as your wife, son, daughter, mother, father, friends, etc. Would you still feel great?

You, and others who share your mentality, are the reason why this pandemic has lasted for as long as it has. Sad... very sad.

I'd probably say "natural selection at work". I only have a wife as far as family is concerned , and if everyone is as safe with the vaccine as you profess, then get a vaccine and stop worrying about me. I can take care of myself without the Gov't getting into my health history.

Oh, and thanks for caring about me. Not a single one of my friends has gotten covid so we must be doing something right. The states that I travelled in were 50/50 blue and red.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I get it you don't want to wear a mask, you don't want to get your shot, you are an adult so you made your choice. 32 singers that would mean it would take over two hours to turn the rotation around, not a show for those who want to have the mic in their hands every 30 min or less, for sure. You mean this is the first case that you personally know of, there could have been many others you don't know about also. I hope that your patron will make a full recovery, it does show that this pandemic is the great leveler and that things will not return to normal for sometime.

One thing this pandemic exposed is our need for Universal Health Care of some kind in this country. The right to medical treatment for all should be the goal we are striving for. We need to rethink our spending of the military, rely more on our alliances, and take seriously the threat that hackers pose to our internet system. Happy to hear you are back safely.

P.S. Isn't the flu shot every year a never ending vaccination? You have to expect that the older you get the more inclined to catch virus's since your immune system usually declines with age.

I have an email list of about 90% of all my singers/listeners. I encourage then to keep me informed about what is going on. I would know if anyone got Covid.

I had a heart attack 6 months that would have killed me if I had waited until the morning to get help. My wife had a kidney infection 3 months ago that was so bad that she spent a week in the hospital and she wouldn't have survived that either without help.

We all die of something, but it is how we live our lives that is important. I chose to live free, instead of under Gov't mandate.

If you are afraid of me stay your gov't mandated 6 feet away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
This has to be the funniest thread ever. seems like a bunch of people who host Karaoke shows have become experts on the worlds problems. since the pandemic started i have not stopped working, i have not stopped travelling and I have not stopped singing. Work daily in a small 3 person work place, they both got covid I did not. I am a die hard Republican Trump supporter. 66 years old have heart and immunity problems. I only wore a mask when forced to. I make my own decisions about my life and my freedoms. After much thought I got vaccinated, my choice. I don't care if you choose to get vaccinated or wear a mask...your choice. If you don't think its safe to resume life as it was then don't, i respect that. Its all about respect. Seems that there are a bunch of bullies on this site hiding behind the keyboard. We are all here cause of our love of karaoke. I don't care what kind of equipment you have or if you like mine. If you think your sound is better then that is awesome, no jealousy here. Tell me where you are at, love to come sing on it. just traveled to Nashville from SoCal. After leaving Cali the states were mostly wide open. Business as usual. I have hosted shows for the last 18 months. turned down a few cause im basically lazy. If you don't wanna host, don't thats your choice. my choice is to do what I think is right for me. if everyone does that maybe we can move on and life will be fun again. If you feel the need to call me names go for it. not thin skinned at all. been married 30 yrs been called them all. hope to see you at a show in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

mrmarog wrote:

Anecdotal evidence, but I'm seeing the same thing with our businesses in Florida. It does seem like the snowbirds are staying longer, possibly due to the lack of regulation versus other, less open states. When I was down there last month, I felt like a time traveler who was visiting 2019.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:52 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 121 times
I've been doing karaoke since May of last year here in Florida. Even at 50% capacity, many venue owners called to get business moving again. We used all the measures we could to protect our singers and many singers brought their own mics to sing on.
Our governor didn't bow down to the pressure of closing businesses and it certainly has paid off keeping places open. We've lost our share of businesses, but nothing like in other states.
Most of our shows in May 2020 were outside events. Whether Karaoke, bingo or trivia. Eventually, we opened everything back up a few months ago and its been non-stop. I had 43 singers last Monday night and 30 at my Friday show. People are out and about and most have been vaccinated, myself included and all of our hosts as well.
I'm not a fan of the vaccine but figured if I was going to be out in public, I should get the shots. It is finally starting to slow down a little as people head back up north. Full steam ahead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I have an email list of about 90% of all my singers/listeners. I encourage then to keep me informed about what is going on. I would know if anyone got Covid.

I had a heart attack 6 months that would have killed me if I had waited until the morning to get help. My wife had a kidney infection 3 months ago that was so bad that she spent a week in the hospital and she wouldn't have survived that either without help.

We all die of something, but it is how we live our lives that is important. I chose to live free, instead of under Gov't mandate.

If you are afraid of me stay your gov't mandated 6 feet away.

Why would I be afraid of you? I have had my shots, you haven't, you are the one that should be afraid, and standing six feet away. The only reason I would stay away from you is out of respect, not wanting to be a carrier in some way, and infecting you. Like you have said you have not been doing any shows, now that you are back you will probably resume your KJ hosting duties. It seems strange to me there is any question that we live in a free society, compared to many other countries. We have no secret police in this nation. During a time of war in our history civil liberties have been trumped by the need for public safety. Even Trump declared this virus was an enemy, and that he was a war time president because of it.

From the way you have described your situation it would seem you have already accepted the fact your time is short. A near fatal heart attack, and your wife's unfortunate problems with her kidneys, does bring back to mind how fragile human life is. In this country we have the right to be wrong, that means we can not follow health guidelines. That is as long as we accept the risk. I have always listened to my doctors, and followed their advice. I'm probably in the best health of my life, and I will be 75 next month. As long as I feel good and don't need to be medically warehoused, I will continue to look after my health. I haven't resigned myself to the end of the trail, not yet anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:38 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You fellas have such big... rotations.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Size isn't everything.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1245 times
mrmarog wrote:

it would have taken a lot fewer words to say I don't give a (@$%&#!) about anybody but myself than to say what you just did.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 970 times
mrmarog wrote:
I chose to live free, instead of under Gov't mandate.

It truly amazes me when people say things like this and turn it into a political issue.

First of all, nobody is forcing you or "mandating" that you get the vaccine. It is strictly voluntary. Your government is NOT trying to control your life... they're trying to save it. Social distancing, wearing masks, and getting vaccinated were meant to stop the spread of this deadly virus and help save lives. If you think it's a joke, tell it to the families of the 600,000 people who's lives were taken from Covid19. So, while getting vaccinated is NOT government mandated, it is strongly recommended for your own benefit.

Yet, so many people have turned this into a political issue saying that they refuse to get vaccinated because they don't want government interference in their lives.

I see a double standard here...

These same people had no problem with government interference when they accepted their stimulus checks. So far, the government has issued 3 rounds of stimulus checks. A married couple would have received a total of $6400.

Yet, I haven't heard of one person who refused to accept it because they didn't want the government "interfering" in their lives. For these same people, it wasn't a political issue then, was it?

The stupidity and selfishness of these people is sad. In my view, everything the government has done so far regarding the pandemic has been helpful. But with people like you, there will always be resistance.

So, if you hate our government so much... I suggest moving to another country.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next