KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Signs of Recovery III Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 142 times
I'm vaccinated now, and I've started going to karaoke again.

Man, I've missed it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:25 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 129 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
You can still do things but you have to be responsible.

You know what else is responsible? Not killing the mood on a conversation that was intended to be positive. Do you suck the fun out of every conversation? How many more times are you going to tell everyone to be safe? We heard you the previous 274 times.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 608 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
You know what else is responsible? Not killing the mood on a conversation that was intended to be positive. Do you suck the fun out of every conversation? How many more times are you going to tell everyone to be safe? We heard you the previous 274 times.

You know what really sucks Bob is, being so selfish that you only think about yourself, and don't consider others. During the pandemic we are our brothers keepers.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:01 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
You know what really sucks Bob is, being so selfish that you only think about yourself, and don't consider others. During the pandemic we are our brothers keepers.

In the U.S., the pandemic is almost over. Think of others and stop annoying them with your repetitive negativity. I'm not buying your crap about brothers keeper. What universe are you living in? We all know what's going on and we all know the dangers. You're no hero. Unless you've been under a rock for the past year, it's assumed everyone knows about covid and masks and vaccinations and everything else. You are helping ZERO people with your warnings. You're just a broken record that won't stop repeating. Do you have any original thoughts, other than the ones that make you look like a repetitive d-bag? If so, those would be helpful.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 964 times
Bob is a pretty funny guy!

Attachments:
quotes.jpg
quotes.jpg [ 199.61 KiB | Viewed 12570 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Alan, I always like your graphics. As much as the Lone Ranger is an example of what a message board does not need, you are an example of what makes this board interesting. Just want you to know your contributions are very appreciated. Karaoke Scene needs more like you.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
In the U.S., the pandemic is almost over. Think of others and stop annoying them with your repetitive negativity. I'm not buying your crap about brothers keeper. What universe are you living in? We all know what's going on and we all know the dangers. You're no hero. Unless you've been under a rock for the past year, it's assumed everyone knows about covid and masks and vaccinations and everything else. You are helping ZERO people with your warnings. You're just a broken record that won't stop repeating. Do you have any original thoughts, other than the ones that make you look like a repetitive d-bag? If so, those would be helpful.

Maybe I keep playing the same tune, because the situation while changing for the better is not completely solved. It won't be until at least 70% of the population is vaccinated. Currently about 57% of the population has had at least one shot. That's all it takes for J&J, the other vaccines require two shots. That is the universe we are all living in Bob, where are you at? The biggest problem with returning to normalcy is so many people simply won't take their shots. They insist on going out and acting like nothing has happened. Just remember the death count from Covid-19 has been grossly under counted. It is estimated that as many as 1 million have actually died in the country from this disease. A little side note is because of the mask wearing and other precautions, cases of the flu and other air born disease are way down. Don't think that because of following guidelines the economy won't come back. California is very strict and yet they just announced a 75 billion state surplus, which they are sharing with the people hardest hit by the pandemic. So there is some positive news. All I'm saying is be responsible, and not childish.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:05 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
I'm thinking we, who are not vaccinated, as we know our bodies have the ability to fight off any Coronavirus from the beginning of time, should start a club where those who are vaccinated cannot participate, physically, within, at least, 10 feet. Any closer than 10 feet requires the vaccinated person to wear a highest level full body protection suit, as used by the CDC when quarantining from the Ebola or equivalent virus. No telling WTF you've been injecting...oh yeah right, we can believe the GUBMINT. LMMFAO

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

gd123 wrote:
I'm thinking we, who are not vaccinated, as we know our bodies have the ability to fight off any Coronavirus from the beginning of time, should start a club where those who are vaccinated cannot participate, physically, within, at least, 10 feet. Any closer than 10 feet requires the vaccinated person to wear a highest level full body protection suit, as used by the CDC when quarantining from the Ebola or equivalent virus. No telling WTF you've been injecting...oh yeah right, we can believe the GUBMINT. LMMFAO

According to your stupid logic, no one who has contracted Covid 19 should have died from it. After all, we all have immune systems, right?

Yet, almost 600,000 people in the U.S. have died from Covid 19. I guess the immune system doesn't always work, does it?

Tell me, what is so hard about getting the shots when it can save lives and stop the spread of this disease? Also tell me why approximately 80% of Democrats have gotten the shots compared to only 40% of Republicans. (according to surveys)

My guess is that Republicans are very stupid people. After all, they voted for that lyin' con man, right?

Anyway, you sound like a complete idiot. A club idea sounds good except it should be a club for idiots like yourself. You could be the president.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It would seem that we are on the brink of reopening in full. We are traveling over the Memorial Day Weekend. As far as I can tell Las Vegas seems to be fully reopened June 1st. I will still carry my mask and of course follow all of the guidelines that still pertain to traveling. Have a great weekend, just act responsibly.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 142 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It would seem that we are on the brink of reopening in full. We are traveling over the Memorial Day Weekend. As far as I can tell Las Vegas seems to be fully reopened June 1st. I will still carry my mask and of course follow all of the guidelines that still pertain to traveling. Have a great weekend, just act responsibly.

For what it's worth, here's where I am with it:

I've started to go to karaoke again--been fully vaxxed since April (you know how we sheeple do). I was in Florida for a week for work, where everything is wide open, and when I came back, I started attending karaoke up here as well.

Is there still a chance I catch something and get sick? Yes. But it's significantly less risky now, and I'm comfortable enough with the lower chances of infection and transmission.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 93 times
gd123 wrote:

gd123 Your post reminds me of a conversation/disagreement my brother had about 30-35 years ago... he was a smoker and he thought there should be Smoker's Rights!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1238 times
gd123 wrote:

direct death rate from Covid = 1.8%
direct death rate from Vaccine = .00017%

yeah, let's worry about the vaccine.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
It would seem that we are on the brink of reopening in full.

The Lone Ranger is admitting that? That's officially the best sign of recovery yet.

:beermates:

Me: "Hello Hell. What's the temperature down there?"
Hell: "31 degrees Fahrenheit"
Me: "I thought so"

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Wow! Just f****n wow! LOL!

Attachments:
lone.jpg
lone.jpg [ 257 KiB | Viewed 8668 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I don't see why there is all the drama. My position has always been to open up again when it was safe to do so. Personally I would hope that everyone would get their shot, so life could move on even faster. I know that isn't going to happen because a small group will simply not follow rules, meant to help everyone, even themselves. They don't want to wear masks, even though some would probably look better with a nice big one. If we would have worked all together we could have overcome this virus with far fewer lives being lost.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:10 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 93 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
I don't see why there is all the drama. My position has always been to open up again when it was safe to do so. Personally I would hope that everyone would get their shot, so life could move on even faster. I know that isn't going to happen because a small group will simply not follow rules, meant to help everyone, even themselves. They don't want to wear masks, even though some would probably look better with a nice big one. If we would have worked all together we could have overcome this virus with far fewer lives being lost.

It's ironic to me that I believe for the most part that the same people who have credited Trump for getting the vaccine to the US on Warp Speed are the same ones who don't trust it and resist taking it. Go figure!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:55 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 229 times
A sure sign of recovery: We are allowed full capacity at events. Last night was our twins 8th grade graduation and we were able to have anyone who wanted to attend, come and watch, even the Governor of Utah. His daughter was among the 8th grade class who graduated last night. We sat behind him just a little bit, and yep, you guessed it, he was not wearing a mask, nor was the vast majority of the people. Looks like fear loses, and life goes on as normal. It's a great feeling!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
A sure sign of recovery: We are allowed full capacity at events. Last night was our twins 8th grade graduation and we were able to have anyone who wanted to attend, come and watch, even the Governor of Utah. His daughter was among the 8th grade class who graduated last night. We sat behind him just a little bit, and yep, you guessed it, he was not wearing a mask, nor was the vast majority of the people. Looks like fear loses, and life goes on as normal. It's a great feeling!!

He was probably vaccinated, just like Trump and all of his family, so they don't have to wear masks according to new CDC guidelines. Over 50% of the adult population is now vaccinated. So there is a good chance that at least half the people at the event were probably vaccinated. Fear is losing because more and more people are being vaccinated. What about those that refuse? They complain about their loss of freedom. Free to do what infect others? If they really want things back like before faster, then get the damn shot, or shut up. It seems inconsistent to, insist on freedom, then not do the very things that insure we will be able to go back to a new normalcy.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Alan, you're funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next