KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Signs Of Recovery II Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Signs Of Recovery II
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Please share your views on the Corona Virus and how it has affected your life.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Actually the virus has changed little in my life now, since I no longer work, I am retired and have an adequate income, not to mention investments built up over a lifetime of work. I keep six months supply of food and water in the house always, just as a precaution. I don't see where 72 hours of food and water is enough, unless you are talking about a super small window of services going down. Even the recent events in Texas lasted longer than 72 hours. My parents lived through the Depression and always impressed upon me having a fall back position, well supplied. I have my own version of UBI since I no longer need or want to work. The only draw back to the current situation is the lack of ability to travel as much as I want to.

Pretty soon I will get my second phizer vaccination shot, along with my wife, and things will be pretty much in the rear view mirror for us and the pandemic. Soon as cruise lines start taking reservations again, we plan on taking a couple weeks cruise to Hawaii and back.

P.S. I do read quite a lot, watch movies on cable, have streaming services, can order what I want off the computer, and go out to shop when I must. I also have food in addition delivered from restaurants just to keep them afloat until better times. A recent poll shows 24% of those interviewed think things will return to normal in 2021, 36% in 2022, and 19% feel that they will never return to normal. It will be interesting to see whose right.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Actually the virus has changed little in my life now, since I no longer work, I am retired and have an adequate income, not to mention investments built up over a lifetime of work. I keep six months supply of food and water in the house always, just as a precaution. I don't see where 72 hours of food and water is enough, unless you are talking about a super small window of services going down. Even the recent events in Texas lasted longer than 72 hours. My parents lived through the Depression and always impressed upon me having a fall back position, well supplied. I have my own version of UBI since I no longer need or want to work. The only draw back to the current situation is the lack of ability to travel as much as I want to.

Pretty soon I will get my second phizer vaccination shot, along with my wife, and things will be pretty much in the rear view mirror for us and the pandemic. Soon as cruise lines start taking reservations again, we plan on taking a couple weeks cruise to Hawaii and back.

P.S. I do read quite a lot, watch movies on cable, have streaming services, can order what I want off the computer, and go out to shop when I must. I also have food in addition delivered from restaurants just to keep them afloat until better times. A recent poll shows 24% of those interviewed think things will return to normal in 2021, 36% in 2022, and 19% feel that they will never return to normal. It will be interesting to see whose right.

You are very fortunate to be in the position that you're in. Since a lot of bars are not doing karaoke at this time, many KJ's are struggling to get by since they rely on the money from hosting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
You are very fortunate to be in the position that you're in. Since a lot of bars are not doing karaoke at this time, many KJ's are struggling to get by since they rely on the money from hosting.

Fortunate and lucky because the way the current system is setup, it is very hard for an average person who is working class to achieve even this degree of security, and lack of want. Maybe 25% of the U.S. population is there maybe less? That is why I no longer seek work, so hosts that need the money can earn it. I find I have lost the the ability to focus on the job like I used to, I get bored. I don't want to be tied down to even a weekly gig. I want the ability to just go when I want where I want, since time is growing shorter all the time. My health is good so I can travel, it might not always be the case.

This is why I champion the cause of UBI, since I don't want others to have to wait until they are as old as me to have some degree of freedom from want. Especially in a country as rich as this one is. I see now how hard it is to make it all the way without some kind of economic security. That is the real reason the rich are envied, if the wealth is inherited they can do as they choose from the time they become adults until they pass on.

P.S. I never quit my day job while I was part-time hosting, and only did hosting full time, once I no longer worked a full time day job.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Alan B wrote:
Please share your views on the Corona Virus and how it has affected your life.
My view of Coronavirus? Hate it.

How has it affected my life? Negatively, in a very general kind of way. Knowing most people have the same opinion doesn't make it much better either.

However...

I do have a good sign of recovery. My 5 and 6 year old get to go back to actual school tomorrow for the first time in almost a year. They still have to wear masks and only go Mondays and Tuesdays, while the other half of the class goes on Thursdays and Fridays, but it's a start.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
My other half works for the Health Department.....and inform me that the shot itself is only good for 4 months...not only that they have had several people from the heath dept taken the shot then went to the hospital...now i know not everyone will have a reaction but still. I feel the vaccine ..its a good thing...to many issues still so i will be waiting for at least a yr or so ..and think about it...beside I hate needles

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Good news today not only has Johnson and Johnson's single dose vaccine been approved, but also Merck will use it's plant capacity to produce the new single dose vaccine. This development cooperation, will add millions of doses into the supply line, and now some doctor's are hoping we can have a normal Thanksgiving later this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It would seem that the new stimulus package will pass sometime this week in the Senate. It will insure this country moves forward on the war against the pandemic, and working towards a full reopening of the country sometime later this year. It has been a long hard road but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:09 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It would seem that the new stimulus package will pass sometime this week in the Senate. It will insure this country moves forward on the war against the pandemic, and working towards a full reopening of the country sometime later this year. It has been a long hard road but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

That light at the end of the tunnel is a train headed this way.
The "Stimulus Package" is a fraud.

Attachment:
154379995_1327135637657290_5015533854519589128_o.png
154379995_1327135637657290_5015533854519589128_o.png [ 424.25 KiB | Viewed 40713 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Attachment:

Just one question what is the solution from the other side? Against a plan when you have no plan, makes sense to me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:06 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

The Lone Ranger wrote:
jdmeister wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Attachment:

Just one question what is the solution from the other side? Against a plan when you have no plan, makes sense to me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not up to me to make a plan.
And the above response was not even a good deflection..
Just a cheap shot to attempt trolling.
And the monies scheduled to be diverted don't concern you?
I'm disappointed in you..
I would deleted anything not used to help the recovery.
(Wait, is recovery a bad word?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

I'm disappointed in you and the whole right wing movement. For years Mitch has blocked useful legislation that would move this country forward. The GOP wanted to get rid of the affordable care act and not have anything to put in it's place. You can't merely be opposed to something without offering something just as good or better. Could be there is nothing else? If you were really upset about diverted money, then look at the prior administration, Trump spent the most money of any president to date, with what to show for it? When the Republicans spend money it is ok, not when the Democrats do it. Is that the standard? A truly cheap shot and trolling is to be opposed to something just because the other person suggested it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:24 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

The Lone Ranger wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

I'm disappointed in you and the whole right wing movement. For years Mitch has blocked useful legislation that would move this country forward. The GOP wanted to get rid of the affordable care act and not have anything to put in it's place. You can't merely be opposed to something without offering something just as good or better. Could be there is nothing else? If you were really upset about diverted money, then look at the prior administration, Trump spent the most money of any president to date, with what to show for it? When the Republicans spend money it is ok, not when the Democrats do it. Is that the standard? A truly cheap shot and trolling is to be opposed to something just because the other person suggested it.

So you are for the monies not used for the recovery?
(Yet another nonsense post?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Just what part of the monies are not going towards the recovery? From what I have read the money is to go for programs directly effecting the recovery. Even the so called liberal pork barrel programs would provide jobs in infrastructure. The money is to go towards small business's, making it possible for citizens to make it through the pandemic with direct payments, fund local and state governments so they can continue to provide services, support schools so they can reopen, extend the renter's forbearance, one in 7 people don't have enough to eat this bill addresses that, extends unemployment benefits for those who still need it. Most important it funds getting as many citizens vaccinated as possible, so we can reopen. So just what money is not directly or indirectly going to shore up the economy, and deal with the pandemic?

P.S. You do realize that the last election the GOP didn't even have a platform to run on? That the platform was what ever came out of Trumps mouth that second.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Despite the efforts of Ron Johnson to delay the vote by having the entire 628 page stimulus bill read into the record, it seems like it will pas along a straight party line minus the increase in the minimum wage. Personally I think the minimum wage should be phased in gradually. Starting at 11.00 an hour same as West Virginia, increasing it over three years to 15.00 an hour, and putting in most importantly some type of inflation protection formula, so we don't have to revisit this every few years. There are ways to move forward in a logical manner, so that government can do it's job, and make things better for all of us.

Really the GOP should support the current stimulus bill, since 60% of registered Republican voters support it. It won't do much for the party if Reps and Senators go on there record opposing the bill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
jdmeister wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

I look at the state and local aid trying to make up for lost taxes due to rampant unemployment. So yeah I support it as being covid related. I mean even even red states are mismanaged more negligent budgeting if you know what I mean. The poorest states in the country happen to be in red states.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
jdmeister wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Attachment:

1) Silicon Valley Underground Tunnel.
This is an extension of the current BART trains that would connect Beryessa to the San Jose International Airport, Santa Clara University and San Jose University and has been in the works for several years already.

2) $350 billion in blue state bailouts
it's not just blue states, but all states including Texas ($27.2 Billion) Pennsylvania ($13.4 Billion) Florida ($17.3 Billion)among others.

3) $86 billion in union pension bailouts
in 2019 there was a $6 billion pension bailout to the United Mine Workers of America union pension signed by trump. this one is to help cover all unions who need the help after the pandemic. i can go either way on this one because like the other union bailouts under Trump (Miners, Teamsters, Famers) it helps the companies who mismanaged funds but helps the workers who would be otherwise screwed through no fault of their own.

4) $56 billion to raise minimum wage
this is just rediculous. the federal government does not pay employee wages for companies. the raise in wages will mean more taxable income (not hidden in corporate offshore accounts) at no cost to the rest of us or the budget deficit.

5) $34 billion to expand the ACA
this expands the subsidies (Medicaid expansion) for those who are unemployed or shortened hours due to the pandemic until 2022, so just this year.

6) $200 million for institute of museum and library services
this replaces what was taken last year, it's not an increase from what it was before. The last budget eliminated the department almost entirely and it cost $23 million to do that much (he actually asked for the $23 billion to be added to the budget to close the department)Z
these museums contain American history and is the department that oversees the National Archives which would be closed otherwise (the place that contains the Declaration of Independence and Constitution among other priceless American artifacts.)

7) $135 million to National Endowment Of The Arts
which is lower than the Trump Cares act which gave them $165 million, but still functional. just look up the Creative Forces National Resource Center to see just one of the ways they work with the military and veterans. being a federal agency, budgeting is part of the deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:58 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
jdmeister wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Attachment:

1) Silicon Valley Underground Tunnel.
This is an extension of the current BART trains that would connect Beryessa to the San Jose International Airport, Santa Clara University and San Jose University and has been in the works for several years already.

2) $350 billion in blue state bailouts
it's not just blue states, but all states including Texas ($27.2 Billion) Pennsylvania ($13.4 Billion) Florida ($17.3 Billion)among others.

3) $86 billion in union pension bailouts
in 2019 there was a $6 billion pension bailout to the United Mine Workers of America union pension signed by trump. this one is to help cover all unions who need the help after the pandemic. i can go either way on this one because like the other union bailouts under Trump (Miners, Teamsters, Famers) it helps the companies who mismanaged funds but helps the workers who would be otherwise screwed through no fault of their own.

4) $56 billion to raise minimum wage
this is just rediculous. the federal government does not pay employee wages for companies. the raise in wages will mean more taxable income (not hidden in corporate offshore accounts) at no cost to the rest of us or the budget deficit.

5) $34 billion to expand the ACA
this expands the subsidies (Medicaid expansion) for those who are unemployed or shortened hours due to the pandemic until 2022, so just this year.

6) $200 million for institute of museum and library services
this replaces what was taken last year, it's not an increase from what it was before. The last budget eliminated the department almost entirely and it cost $23 million to do that much (he actually asked for the $23 billion to be added to the budget to close the department)Z
these museums contain American history and is the department that oversees the National Archives which would be closed otherwise (the place that contains the Declaration of Independence and Constitution among other priceless American artifacts.)

7) $135 million to National Endowment Of The Arts
which is lower than the Trump Cares act which gave them $165 million, but still functional. just look up the Creative Forces National Resource Center to see just one of the ways they work with the military and veterans. being a federal agency, budgeting is part of the deal.

#4 will not happen. The Senate has taken that out to allow the Senate to use the budget reconciliation process.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:47 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
I recieved my email today to get the covid 19 shot today but decided to wait ,,,due to the fact...im just not so sure of the side of effects..and beside that ..I hate needles!!!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

GK Productions wrote:
I recieved my email today to get the covid 19 shot today but decided to wait ,,,due to the fact...im just not so sure of the side of effects..and beside that ..I hate needles!!!!

Attachment:
157191486_4415733188442370_8807262113899590983_n.jpg
157191486_4415733188442370_8807262113899590983_n.jpg [ 36.42 KiB | Viewed 38361 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next