KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Signs Of Recovery II Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:23 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
GK Productions wrote:
I recieved my email today to get the covid 19 shot today but decided to wait ,,,due to the fact...im just not so sure of the side of effects..and beside that ..I hate needles!!!!

First shot, Modurna, only side effect was pain at the injection site for 3 days.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:28 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
My biggest question that nobody seems to know the answer.. Will a person need to be getting vaccinations for this virus every year, or do these current vaccines provide long term protection? After all, the flu vaccines only seem to be about 50% effectiveness because of mutations of the virus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
My biggest question that nobody seems to know the answer.. Will a person need to be getting vaccinations for this virus every year, or do these current vaccines provide long term protection? After all, the flu vaccines only seem to be about 50% effectiveness because of mutations of the virus.

According to Fauci 6 months.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:13 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
mrscott wrote:

So, this is a reason for the government to slowly test us Guinea pigs with untested chemicals.. hmm seems about right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
President Biden is on the right track to restoring our country. His approval rating has reached 62% while the highest Trump ever achieved was 49%. Trump has been a disgrace as a human being and president. Biden on the other hand is an example of what a "real" president is like.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
mrscott wrote:

So, this is a reason for the government to slowly test us Guinea pigs with untested chemicals.. hmm seems about right.

Here's the only thing something dealing with covid is the same as dealing with the flu Both shots effective time is finite. The covid just happens to be shorter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:

The reason is many people refuse to follow safety guidelines, without the vaccine program millions could die, as the virus mutates into more deadly strains. How many people on this site want business and life to open again so they can ply their various trades? There are risks Mr.Scott as with any treatment, but the virus itself with over a half a million victims and country is the greater threat. So far the side effects have been minimal, on most of those vaccinated. I have been vaccinated no bad side effects. I'm due for my second shot soon.

How long the protection lasts is open to debate the Pfizer vaccine is effective they think for a year, the Moderna vaccine is supposed to be effective for two years, according to the company, Johnson and Johnson is unknown.
I have to take a flu shot every year so what if I have to take a shot every six months even, it is better than dying, and having to run around with a mask the rest of my life, isn't it?

Oh by the way you are not being shot up with untested chemicals, since this is a bio-tech vaccine using natural Ribonucleic acid to trigger an immune response created by the body naturally. Unlike small pox vaccine that uses a weaker strain to the virus to build up immunity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:49 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
mrscott wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Not the first time, and probably not the last.
If you google title 50, and dig deep enough, you find
it permitted testing chemicals on the public without notice.
After some blowback, it was updated to have notice to local authority.
(Local Authority was un-defined)
More blowback, more updates, bur still permitted with oversight.
The government will do what they want..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Only one problem JD they are not testing chemicals, they are injecting a Bio-Tech vaccine that triggers the body's own immune system to target and fight the virus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

Only one problem JD they are not testing chemicals, they are injecting a Bio-Tech vaccine that triggers the body's own immune system to target and fight the virus.

Title 50 permits injections..
Go figure..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:41 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

The reason is many people refuse to follow safety guidelines, without the vaccine program millions could die, as the virus mutates into more deadly strains. How many people on this site want business and life to open again so they can ply their various trades? There are risks Mr.Scott as with any treatment, but the virus itself with over a half a million victims and country is the greater threat. So far the side effects have been minimal, on most of those vaccinated. I have been vaccinated no bad side effects. I'm due for my second shot soon.

How long the protection lasts is open to debate the Pfizer vaccine is effective they think for a year, the Moderna vaccine is supposed to be effective for two years, according to the company, Johnson and Johnson is unknown.
I have to take a flu shot every year so what if I have to take a shot every six months even, it is better than dying, and having to run around with a mask the rest of my life, isn't it?

Oh by the way you are not being shot up with untested chemicals, since this is a bio-tech vaccine using natural Ribonucleic acid to trigger an immune response created by the body naturally. Unlike small pox vaccine that uses a weaker strain to the virus to build up immunity.

I'm not disagreeing that the risks might be worth it, but how do we know what we are being told is true? The government has a history of telling us lies. Heck they cannot even get the information straight between agencies for this virus. All I am saying is the long term affects of having these "bio-tech" vaccines is still unknown. I can just see it now,, five years from now that weird lady lawyer on tv is going to be be saying "Have you or your loved ones ever taken the Corona virus vaccine, and have had side effects,,, they you could be due to compensation"...... NOT really a joke!! And right now they are not giving us any recourses....if you take the injections, AND there are side effects,,, you CANNOT sue anyone!! Nobody is taking responsibility for anything this time. THAT has the word "DISASTER" written ALL OVER IT. The person receiving the vaccine has to assume all the risk. And hope that the government is telling us the truth "this time".

Maybe I will get the vaccine, maybe I won't, I haven't made up my mind yet. I had the virus already, all 9 of us in our house did. And it wasn't that big of a deal for us. Maybe for someone else it would have been much worse. That is what makes this virus scary, the unknown if a person is among the ".005%" of the population that is exposed and died. Just maybe this vaccine is safe, time will tell.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

I'm not disagreeing that the risks might be worth it, but how do we know what we are being told is true? The government has a history of telling us lies. Heck they cannot even get the information straight between agencies for this virus. All I am saying is the long term affects of having these "bio-tech" vaccines is still unknown. I can just see it now,, five years from now that weird lady lawyer on tv is going to be be saying "Have you or your loved ones ever taken the Corona virus vaccine, and have had side effects,,, they you could be due to compensation"...... NOT really a joke!! And right now they are not giving us any recourses....if you take the injections, AND there are side effects,,, you CANNOT sue anyone!! Nobody is taking responsibility for anything this time. THAT has the word "DISASTER" written ALL OVER IT. The person receiving the vaccine has to assume all the risk. And hope that the government is telling us the truth "this time".

Maybe I will get the vaccine, maybe I won't, I haven't made up my mind yet. I had the virus already, all 9 of us in our house did. And it wasn't that big of a deal for us. Maybe for someone else it would have been much worse. That is what makes this virus scary, the unknown if a person is among the ".005%" of the population that is exposed and died. Just maybe this vaccine is safe, time will tell.

You really don't know if the nine in your house infected is a big deal or not. Just like the side effects of the vaccine could be five years down the road, as you suggest. It also maybe years before long term medical conditions appear associated with having had the virus. That is why now you have to list covid-19 infection as a preexisting condition when seeking medical insurance. You have to remember that this virus not only attacks the respiratory system short term, long term it develops thousands of mini blood clots, making it deadly to blood vessels.

It should be noted using bio-tech to boost the immune system is becoming more wide spread, in opposition to other harsh former treatments. It is even being used more and more now to fight cancer, rather than radiation, and chemo therapies. This isn't mesh implants, or cancer causing drugs, it is the bodies own defense system being boosted to fight disease. That is why bio-tech is being used to solve this problem.

P.S. Let's be honest most of us haven't always been truthful to government always. You really can't be upset because the government has secrets. Most of us have our secrets as well. You have to hold government accountable, that is the only way you get to the truth of matters. One thing is for certain anything that can make us more safe should be explored to the max. With nine persons in your house hold infected, and the chance they could get reinfected, it would seem you are in a virus hot spot area. That getting vaccinated should be a high priority, if you have no long term negative effects, you might not be to lucky the second time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Title 50 permits injections..
Go figure..

So What? You and I were both in the military, didn't you get your shots to be deployed overseas? When I was young I had all my shots or guess what I couldn't go to school. Public vaccination is nothing new. Seems like my whole life someone has been sticking me with a needle. I don't like it but I know it's necessary, especially when I go to the dentist and have to be drilled and filled. It is either that or no teeth. I don't like my colon being checked, lucky for me once your over 70 you don't need to do it again, if all the prior tests came back negative.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:51 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

You really don't know if the nine in your house infected is a big deal or not. Just like the side effects of the vaccine could be five years down the road, as you suggest. It also maybe years before long term medical conditions appear associated with having had the virus. That is why now you have to list covid-19 infection as a preexisting condition when seeking medical insurance. You have to remember that this virus not only attacks the respiratory system short term, long term it develops thousands of mini blood clots, making it deadly to blood vessels.

It should be noted using bio-tech to boost the immune system is becoming more wide spread, in opposition to other harsh former treatments. It is even being used more and more now to fight cancer, rather than radiation, and chemo therapies. This isn't mesh implants, or cancer causing drugs, it is the bodies own defense system being boosted to fight disease. That is why bio-tech is being used to solve this problem.

P.S. Let's be honest most of us haven't always been truthful to government always. You really can't be upset because the government has secrets. Most of us have our secrets as well. You have to hold government accountable, that is the only way you get to the truth of matters. One thing is for certain anything that can make us more safe should be explored to the max. With nine persons in your house hold infected, and the chance they could get reinfected, it would seem you are in a virus hot spot area. That getting vaccinated should be a high priority, if you have no long term negative effects, you might not be to lucky the second time.

This is exactly what I am pointing out... the "what if's",,,, it's all about fear that is driving this, nothing more. One cannot let fear dictate our decisions.

P.S... no we are not in a virus hotspot... one child brought it home from school, and we live in a tiny duplex. Needless to say we spread it amongst ourselves at home. We all stayed home the prescribed amount of time or more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

This is exactly what I am pointing out... the "what if's",,,, it's all about fear that is driving this, nothing more. One cannot let fear dictate our decisions.

Just like you can't let fear drive you into action, you can't let fear drive you into inaction. When faced with two choices Napoleon said "Choose the most bold". I have spent most of my life trusting at least in health professionals and I have lived to be an old man in fairly good health. I don't see why I should change a winning formula.

P.S. Your example shows how easily it is spread, that even if children don't get it as bad, they are carriers. You probably want to reopen schools?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Just like you can't let fear drive you into action, you can't let fear drive you into inaction. When faced with two choices Napoleon said "Choose the most bold". I have spent most of my life trusting at least in health professionals and I have lived to be an old man in fairly good health. I don't see why I should change a winning formula.

I am weighing my options, and making a decision from there. I am not going to jump to a decision simply because it's a popular choice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:03 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

P.S. Your example shows how easily it is spread, that even if children don't get it as bad, they are carriers. You probably want to reopen schools?[/quote]

So is the common cold (yet another coronavirus) and the flu, and strep throat,,,etc.... Our schools are already open and have been for months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

I am weighing my options, and making a decision from there. I am not going to jump to a decision simply because it's a popular choice.

It is not a popular choice, it is the only choice if we are going to be able to return to some form of normalcy this year or next. If we wait for herd immunity it could cost millions of more lives, and this could continue for a decade. To not use the tools modern medicine makes available to us is foolish, we are being reckless with the public health. I would hope that people will come to see the need. If you don't good luck is all I can say.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

So is the common cold (yet another coronavirus) and the flu, and strep throat,,,etc.... Our schools are already open and have been for months.

Now who is making false equivalencies, this virus is not the common cold, the flu, or strep throat, it is far more deadly, and easily transmitted. I see having your schools open is working real well for you, if everyone in your household was infected by a student.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Now who is making false equivalencies, this virus is not the common cold, the flu, or strep throat, it is far more deadly, and easily transmitted. I see having your schools open is working real well for you, if everyone in your household was infected by a student.

You cannot disagree with the fact that the common cold is a coronavirus. Spread exactly in the same manner as Covid19. That's what I am saying.... kids bring crap home every day. This is no different. Is it more deadly? Possibly,,, but in my life, I have never gotten the flu shot. Most people I see get the flu shot, actually wind up staying home anyway because of side effects from the shot!! So why even bother at all? Why would I believe anyone right now with all the misinformation going on....I will wait and make a decision when the time is right for us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next