KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karma 2021 feature offers consolation to sad Trumpsters Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Karma users who have already installed the latest version may notice the new scroller control that now moves vertically upward, more like movie credits, as opposed to horizontally like a stock ticker. So, when your sad Trump supporter singers are complaining about how they lost the white house, the senate, and how sad it is that everything seems to be "moving to the left", you can show your empathetic side, walk over to the crowd monitor, point to the new scroller, and say "Not everything" ;)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That was intended to break the tension going on in the country right now (and maybe promote the new version), but in all seriousness, most KJs shouldn't even be thinking about public shows right now. Let's keep our eye on the ball and remember the biggest threat right now is still the pandemic, and it's still getting worse by the day. I'm saying this because I just read that as of today, it's killing 4,000 people a day here in the U.S. and growing. Let that sink in.

Don't be stupid. Until the vaccine reaches you (or the majority of us), be safe. These next couple months are going to be the most dangerous days of this pandemic. Unlike Trump, math doesn't lie, and the math on this one isn't good.

Hopefully we can look forward to normal society by summer or fall at the latest, but until then, stay safe everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
I for one am glad to hear Bob that you came around to the fact that karaoke shows in super spreader venues, are the last thing we need now, with over 4,000 citizens dying a day of Covid-19. Stay safe and well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
Don't be stupid. Until the vaccine reaches you (or the majority of us), be safe. These next couple months are going to be the most dangerous days of this pandemic. Unlike Trump, math doesn't lie, and the math on this one isn't good.

And for singers, just do what I do--get drunk in the bathtub and sing along to whatever music works.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

No Shame bath tub Karaoke, just bring your own drinks and towel, I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
I for one am glad to hear Bob that you came around to the fact that karaoke shows in super spreader venues, are the last thing we need now, with over 4,000 citizens dying a day of Covid-19. Stay safe and well.

I didn't come around. The numbers did. I had no problem going to shows at 50% capacity when the numbers were a lot smaller. The math tells a different story now. Also, imagine dying from Covid right before the vaccine was available. I'm worried people are getting too relaxed now that they see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
I didn't come around. The numbers did. I had no problem going to shows at 50% capacity when the numbers were a lot smaller. The math tells a different story now. Also, imagine dying from Covid right before the vaccine was available. I'm worried people are getting too relaxed now that they see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Those numbers that came around were projected by models months ago. Medical experts told us time and again that this is where we would be. Guess what Bob they were right. They were right because they had science on their side, not emotions running wild. They used facts and figures which leaders should do and not play to some fringe base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Those numbers that came around were projected by models months ago. Medical experts told us time and again that this is where we would be. Guess what Bob they were right. They were right because they had science on their side, not emotions running wild. They used facts and figures which leaders should do and not play to some fringe base.

No one ever said they weren't right. Why are you implying anyone was? That's a bit deceiving.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:56 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
No Shame bath tub Karaoke, just bring your own drinks and towel, I like it.

I actually ended up buying a half-decent home system that runs off a subscription service. A lot of songs I would have expected are unavailable, but I have now crossed off some Johnny Cash and Bing Crosby songs I've never seen at a show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Um I don't like the scroller as it is. The info doesn't stay on the screen long enough. I would love it if we had a choice of the direction that it scrolls.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Um I don't like the scroller as it is. The info doesn't stay on the screen long enough. I would love it if we had a choice of the direction that it scrolls.

You can control the speed in the settings. If you change the size, you should adjust the speed accordingly too. The vertical movement takes a bit of getting used to at first but once you do, it reduces the amount of time people need to stare at the screen to see when they're up next. It's actually easier on the eyes if you get the size and speed at a comfortable level.

Google the phrase "Eye scrolling research" if you want the logic behind it.

The horizontal movement offers no improvement over vertical, and keeping it as an option defeats the purpose of improving it in the first place. If you absolutely can't live without it, you can always download the 2020 version. I'm sure it will be improved further so have a little patience. Also give your singers time to adjust. They may surprise you.