KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Benefits of post-corona karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i agree, i just do not have a choice. i wish i could hold off but i can not just give up and quit all my shows. venue owners (as we are well aware of) are all about their way regardless of risk. go back when they say go back or they WILL find someone who will.

:?: One question Paradigm are the venue owners on the front lines, or are they hiding in the office, or at home aka the bunker? Just like the guy who told the German Army to fight to the last man, don't retreat a millimeter.

it depends on the venue. at mine....

British Pub: owner is never there at night

Irish Bar: owner is rarely there at night but when he is, doesn't take any precautions

Sports Bar: same as the Irish bar

VFW: it's military....the commander, Vice, Bar & House, etc are all there because Covid is a fake virus created by the Chinese that the governments, scientists, medical communities of every country around the world, all being part of the global deep state liberal democrat underground, use as the excuse to kill their own citizens via other means to make it look like the virus is real in a global effort to destroy America's economy. (and i'm not joking either). they laugh and mock me for wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer.

DAV: see VFW answer in it's entirety

American Legion: See VFW answer in it's entirety

F.O. Eagles: officers are there on the front line, no precautions, but unlike the military posts they respect OUR request for distance and do not mock us for masks etc.

L.O. Moose: see Eagles answer in it's entirety

B.P.O. Elk: see Eagles answer in it's entirety

all had one thing in common, when they called to start again, i posed my concerns and was told that the patrons want karaoke back so it has to start, if i don't feel comfortable, they will be forced to find someone else.

It's a shame you have to put yourself at risk because of the stupidity of others. It's also amazing how these conspiracy theories get started. Even more amazing is the people who believe this BS to be true.

Since none of your venues are taking precautions or following any guidelines, puts you in a tight spot. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be hosting karaoke at any of those places.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
:!: There you have it host, or lose your business that you spent years building up. There is no third way, a person is torn between using their own common sense, and economically surviving. This choice is not only confronted by hosts, but all workers going back into an altered working environment. This is why income security should be a priority issue in this next election. Then workers would have the freedom of taking care of their family, or working and maybe ending up dead, which really won't help their family in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

It does not look good for Arizona.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arizo ... d=msedgdhp

If I lived and hosted karaoke in Arizona... as much as I wouldn't want to lose any jobs... I would rather lose my business than my life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:15 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: True you can always find another job, you only have one life!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Quote:
:!: I have been looking for updates from Mr.Scott about his weekly gig on Friday, and would like to know how it is going. I hope everything is still safe and sane. Also curious if the money situation at the venue continues to make hosting at the bar still economically practical? Come to think of it I haven't heard from him for a couple of days?

Maybe he's tired of being harassed for running a karaoke show.... on a karaoke forum..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:

and nobody out here believes it. it's all lies made up by the medical community, scientists, and governments around the world, not to mention all those people who committed suicide to make it LOOK like there is an actual virus killing people.

Alan B wrote:
If I lived and hosted karaoke in Arizona... as much as I wouldn't want to lose any jobs... I would rather lose my business than my life.

believe me, i have thought of it as well. i may be forced to give up my 12 year business and career (this is my living, not a part time gig for a little spending cash)because people are too stupid and selfish to even acknowledge it's a real virus let along give a flying rats a$$ about anybody but themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhphot ... r.html/amp

Attachments:
images (1).jpeg
images (1).jpeg [ 4.48 KiB | Viewed 36559 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

How about this unit. Auto sanitizing. $425.

Attachments:
Lumii_20200612_165227704.jpg
Lumii_20200612_165227704.jpg [ 4.36 KiB | Viewed 36547 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:52 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Really Danny you can buy all of the fancy equipment you want, you still aren't gong to be able to match an ICU, as far as safeguards, the virus gets in there, and infects health care professionals. When you are checking the boxes, a venue with karaoke is covering all of the things you aren't supposed to do in spades. The proof is in the pudding, Arizona opened up even the bars with no restrictions, and now 80% of the ICU beds are being used. It is estimated by the Mayor of Phoenix that by July the 4th they will be swamped and having to shut down for a second time. This is at the height of Summer, and no place is hotter, so the warm weather minus all the safeguards is no protection.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Really Danny you can buy all of the fancy equipment you want, you still aren't gong to be able to match an ICU, as far as safeguards, the virus gets in there, and infects health care professionals. When you are checking the boxes, a venue with karaoke is covering all of the things you aren't supposed to do in spades. The proof is in the pudding, Arizona opened up even the bars with no restrictions, and now 80% of the ICU beds are being used. It is estimated by the Mayor of Phoenix that by July the 4th they will be swamped and having to shut down for a second time. This is at the height of Summer, and no place is hotter, so the warm weather minus all the safeguards is no protection.

That's Arizona. Ct bars reopen June 17 and most that have adequate patio seating are starting karaoke up. Granted I just had a setback. Someone we hired to help us catch back up with housework ended up stealing my tablet that I had planned on for my kiosk and I am not willing to operate without it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The CDC just announced a series of questions to ask yourself to "help determine your level of risk." Here are some pertinant ones:

1. Ask yourself: How many people will I interact with?
Interacting with more people raises your risk.

• Being in a group with people who aren't social distancing or wearing cloth face coverings increases your risk.

• Engaging with new people (e.g., those who don't live with you) also raises your risk.

2. Can I keep 6 feet of space between you and others? Will you be outdoors or indoors?

• The closer you are to other people who may be infected, the greater your risk of getting sick.

• Keeping distance from other people is especially important for people who are at higher risk for severe illness, such as older adults and those with underlying medical conditions.

• Indoor spaces are more risky than outdoor spaces where it might be harder to keep people apart and there's less ventilation.

3. What’s the length of time that you will be interacting with people?

• Spending more time with people who may be infected increases your risk of becoming infected.

• Spending more time with people increases their risk of becoming infected if there is any chance that you may already be infected.

4. Will my activity put me in close contact with others?

Practice social distancing because COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with others.

• It's important that you and the people around you wear a cloth face covering when in public and particularly when it's difficult to stay 6 feet away from others consistently.

• Choose outdoor activities and places where it's easy to stay 6 feet apart, like parks and open-air facilities.

• Look for physical barriers, like plexiglass screens or modified layouts, that help you keep your distance from others.

• Use visual reminders—like signs, chair arrangements, markings on the floor, or arrows—to help remind you to keep your distance from others.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I am not willing to operate without it.

I'm sorry to hear that your tablet was stolen. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

https://youtu.be/rpd_XY3YL_s

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:52 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Be careful with UV-C light. It can be dangerous to your skin (sun burn, skin cancer) and eyes (inflammation, blindness). It will also rapidly degrade materials like plastic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm 
webmaster
webmaster

Been Liked: 122 times
I have started back at two of my shows. Hoping the 5 others will return soon. I know of one venue of the previous 8 venues &12 shows will not as they sold.

Personally, I believe it is not on the KJ or the venue to be responsible for singers/customers! These individuals have decided to come out. No one made them therefore, they are ultimately responsible for their own actions.

Having said that, we are wiping down the microphones with disinfectant wipes after each singer & we also have individually wrapped Microphone Hygiene Covers that singers may use.

I do not & will not wear a mask nor gloves - this is my choice. If you decide to wear or use that is your choice.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:41 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Here are some facts! Yesterday Florida, Texas, and Arizona, all posted their highest single one day infection rate. While some states are bending the curve down, 22 others are still in the first wave. The administration is pushing the line that there is no second wave, that is true in one respect, we have never gotten out of the first. We are on a trajectory to hit 200,000 deaths by Oct 1st, with as much as 270,000 deaths by the end of the year. There is little doubt in my mind that there will be a second lock down at some point. Even after China's national lock down, they had to lock down their capitol again. Recent graphs have shown the EU has bent their curve down, we are still in an upward trend, at least in the South and Southwest of this country. This is not the time to be relaxing our guard, it is time to put your mask on in public.

P.S. While it is true that all are responsible for their own health, that all have to make a personal choice, still you have to ask yourself, should health care providers expose themselves, helping patients that take undue risks? By not acting responsibly you are not only endangering your life, but the lives of those who will be trying to save yours, if you become infected, and need hospitalization. If this is indeed a war then you can't throw away your shield and expect not to get wounded.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Sorry ... arriving late to the show.

If there was a war, consider WW2 for an instance, Fauci would recommend that no one go, as there is an unacceptable risk of morbidity and mortality.

That's why we have generals instead of physicians running the military. Sometimes 'above all else, do no harm' is not the appropriate motto.

It is easily estimated that the inevitable recession (using the most pleasant word) will push an additional half billion people world wide below the current poverty standards of their locales. They won't be able to access medical care and consequently die from many diseases if they don't starve first. The death toll of the recession will dwarf that of Covid-19. And that does not even take into account the consequent suffering and misery of millions.

What's my point? There are dire consequences of economic collapse far out weighing this pandemic.

At some point people will have to work or starve. So, benefit or not, all of us will soon have to enter a 'not-post-pandemic world.'

I'm ready to die singing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DFT wrote:
Sorry ... arriving late to the show.

If there was a war, consider WW2 for an instance, Fauci would recommend that no one go, as there is an unacceptable risk of morbidity and mortality.

That's why we have generals instead of physicians running the military. Sometimes 'above all else, do no harm' is not the appropriate motto.

It is easily estimated that the inevitable recession (using the most pleasant word) will push an additional half billion people world wide below the current poverty standards of their locales. They won't be able to access medical care and consequently die from many diseases if they don't starve first. The death toll of the recession will dwarf that of Covid-19. And that does not even take into account the consequent suffering and misery of millions.

What's my point? There are dire consequences of economic collapse far out weighing this pandemic.

At some point people will have to work or starve. So, benefit or not, all of us will soon have to enter a 'not-post-pandemic world.'

I'm ready to die singing.

:!: According to General Patton you don't win wars by dying, you win by living and defeating the enemy! This is not a direct quote but the idea is there. Under our current system of doing business yes the economy will collapse, because it does so periodically pandemic or no pandemic. That is the way Capitalism is set up, winners and losers, boom and bust, plenty and lean times. Millions are going to suffer no matter what happens, because the systems we have in place do not deal with the majorities problems, it is only concerned with maintaining the wealth and power of the few at the top. This pandemic is an opportunity to address the inequities of our current systems. To build a future for all, there is not much of a future if you have to worry about dying in order to live. It is time to try something new, rather than go back to the same old failed approaches.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:04 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Yes Kemo Sabe, I surmised you were most likely to disagree having recently read your many posts urging caution and also those on UBI ... the latter increasingly unlikely if there is no economy to fund it.

You are welcome to call me Tonto, but don't forget what he said when surrounded by hostile Native Americans when Lone Ranger said, "This could be the end for us!"

"What you mean 'us,' Kemo Sabe?"

Patton's quote does not eviscerate knowing you are sending men into battle and many will die or be maimed. It was directed at motivating his own men to the unpleasant task of killing other human beings before they killed you.

There is a great difference between foolhardy and reasonable risk. If you worry about dying don't smoke, don't drink, exercise, keep your weight down and above all don't get in a motor vehicle. And, ultimately you won't avoid the event ... but you can avoid the worry.

You are correct to say economic down turns are cyclic. But they are generally neither deliberately self-imposed nor potentially as catastrophic as what we may have ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DFT wrote:

You are correct to say economic down turns are cyclic. But they are generally neither deliberately self-imposed nor potentially as catastrophic as what we may have ahead.

:!: Let's see the economic collapse of 2008 wasn't deliberate, I thought it came about because the banks were packaging risky mortgages in the form of junk bonds, and selling them to whoever would buy them. Wasn't it a mess created by too big to fail financial institutions? The reason we are headed for a new possible Depression, is because we are a consumer based economy, with no jobs, once the Federal stimulus money runs out, no consumption, no economy. Once UBI is established it is self funding through the use of a VAT tax, designed to do one thing keep pumping money through UBI, to continue consumption. The only reason the stock market is still afloat with business's failing left and right, is the FED is doing the same thing, pumping 4 Trillion dollars of liquidity into the markets, to keep them going. The difference is the FED can print any amount of money, and isn't required to have Congress vote on it. The taxpayers are still on the hook for it. This is all added to the deficit, after the first year UBI would be self funding. It is a far better idea than cutting taxes paid into Social Security and Medicare, making both insolvent sooner. It doesn't do any good to cut your taxes if you have no job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next