KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Benefits of post-corona karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrscott wrote:

This is a discussion for a different forum.

:?: Really I thought we were discussing all elements of a post-corona karaoke world on this thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:51 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

This is a discussion for a different forum.

:?: Really I thought we were discussing all elements of a post-corona karaoke world on this thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Whether I agree with your personal beliefs on guns and gun control is not the issue here. The issue is that this subject has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. You can reason and justify all you wish, but in fact, your own philosophies do not add to this discussion at all, neither do mine on this subject. If I were a mod (are you listening mods?) I would put a stop to this discussion in an instant. Start your own thread if you wish, but keep it out of karaoke topics.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:53 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

LoneRanger, you keep turning almost every topic into your own political battleground, and that needs to stop. Yes, you have a right to speak, but not on someone else's topic. That's how I see it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:01 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
OMG! Is the world going to end because of Paradigm's post? Or, LR's response? Guys, keep doing what you're doing. I have no problem with these posts. That Mr. Scott character is just being petty and trying to stir the pot. As I've often said and I'll say it again...

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

OK, mrscott. Since you are offended by the recent posts, let's get back on track. Let's talk about the place you host karaoke in... and the people who don't want to follow the rules and take precautions. And let's talk about how you are not in control of your show since you let your singers do what they want such as refusing to use mic covers.

As a professional, YOU set the rules. You set the safety guidelines on how the show is now going to be run. But obviously you let your people get over on you and you're throwing safety out the window because of some moron singers.

Take a look at this picture. This is what it's like sharing a mic and not using mic covers.

Wow, I'm so glad we got back on track.

Attachments:
CVM.jpg
CVM.jpg [ 184.25 KiB | Viewed 24674 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:45 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Alan B wrote:
OK, mrscott. Since you are offended by the recent posts, let's get back on track. Let's talk about the place you host karaoke in... and the people who don't want to follow the rules and take precautions. And let's talk about how you are not in control of your show since you let your singers do what they want such as refusing to use mic covers.

As a professional, YOU set the rules. You set the safety guidelines on how the show is now going to be run. But obviously you let your people get over on you and you're throwing safety out the window because of some moron singers.

Take a look at this picture. This is what it's like sharing a mic and not using mic covers.

Wow, I'm so glad we got back on track.

Except that on each and every turn those corona bugs gets zapped away by the almighty sanitizing wipe and let to dry before the next use. Nobody touches the mic between singers except for me. So, if you want to point any fingers at the possible spreading of the evil coronacrap, then speak directly to me. And I use hand sanitizer and handle the sanitizing wipes all night long. My singers ARE following the basic rules of our area. If you read before what I posted (assuming that you actually know how to read big words) about our area is now on yellow, soon to be green. Does that guarantee anything? Not one little bit, but I am willing to take that chance. I may not be saying the same thing if I lived somewhere else, but here I, the singers, and the guests are safe for now. So, Alan, you can throw all kinds of "OMG" tantrums to try and stir your own pot. Thank you for getting the topic back on track,,, don't you feel much better now? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: Personally I wouldn't do any karaoke right now, since it requires being inside, coming in close contact with strangers, who might or might not follow guidelines. The photos of the Wisconsin bars opening up is enough for me. Let's face it health care providers even catch the virus in the most controlled hospital settings, do you really think you can keep a bar safe?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:
LoneRanger, you keep turning almost every topic into your own political battleground, and that needs to stop. Yes, you have a right to speak, but not on someone else's topic. That's how I see it.

P.S. Read the posts MrScott both you and Capt Frank talk about political items in this thread, are you abusing this topic also, or is it only me?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

P.S. Read the posts MrScott both you and Capt Frank talk about political items in this thread, are you abusing this topic also, or is it only me?

You might be right LR... and if I did have some input on a political topic in this thread, I apologize to the OP for doing so. But in fairness, it was also in response to someone hijacking this thread INTO a politically charged topic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:!: Personally I wouldn't do any karaoke right now, since it requires being inside, coming in close contact with strangers, who might or might not follow guidelines. The photos of the Wisconsin bars opening up is enough for me. Let's face it health care providers even catch the virus in the most controlled hospital settings, do you really think you can keep a bar safe?

I can understand your fears and your hesitance about returning to karaoke life. If I were living somewhere else, I might feel the same way.

Last edited by mrscott on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

You might be right LR... and if I did have some input on a political topic in this thread, I apologize to the OP for doing so. But in fairness, it was also in response to someone hijacking this thread INTO a politically charged topic.

Is it really hijacking, aren't we a touched in the world we live in? Karaoke does not exist in separate only onto itself, it is part of the fabric of society, that fabric is under extreme stress right now, and is in danger of ripping. Everything is effected by what is happening out on the streets today in all 50 states. You think because you live in a remote area, that you won't be touched by all of this, let us hope not. Most of us though have to deal with our neighbors, and we are not islands by ourselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Is it really hijacking, aren't we a touched in the world we live in? Karaoke does not exist in separate only onto itself, it is part of the fabric of society, that fabric is under extreme stress right now, and is in danger of ripping. Everything is effected by what is happening out on the streets today in all 50 states. You think because you live in a remote area, that you won't be touched by all of this, let us hope not. Most of us though have to deal with our neighbors, and we are not islands by ourselves.

Yes, it is hijacking. It does not add to the original topic, it only detracts. Unless you are adding to the subject in a positive manner, then it is hijacking. You can justify buying tires as to the relevance of relating to karaoke, but it's not adding to the intent and meaning of what was posted in the first place.... just as we are hijacking the topic now..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrscott wrote:

Yes, it is hijacking. It does not add to the original topic, it only detracts. Unless you are adding to the subject in a positive manner, then it is hijacking. You can justify buying tires as to the relevance of relating to karaoke, but it's not adding to the intent and meaning of what was posted in the first place.... just as we are hijacking the topic now..

:?: So now we can only post positive benefits of a post-corona karaoke world? Are there really any, many hosts have not gone back to work since venues have not reopened? Some of the venues hosts used to work at have gone out of business and aren't coming back, is that positive? Many venues can only have 50% capacity at the most. One of the benefits listed at the beginning of this thread, was that many BB's would not be coming to the shows, making more room for young singers, is that positive? Only if you are young and want to sing. So benefits are like beauty in the eye of the beholder.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:51 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrscott wrote:
I can understand your fears and your hesitance about returning to karaoke life. If I were living somewhere else, I might feel the same way.

Dear Mr. Scott Head...

You seem to think that just because you live in a remote area of the country, you are immune to the Corona Virus. Nothing could be further from the truth. You share the same risks as if you were living in New York.

Remember, all it takes is just one person, just one. Can you honestly tell me that you know where everyone who comes to your venue has been? Or who they've been in contact with?

Do you realize that someone from another state, who has the virus, can travel to visit a friend in your state, stop in at your bar, and affect everyone there? Do you? Does that make sense to you?

The bottom line is you are just as much at risk as anyone else. If you want to host karaoke during these times, at a bar that's not taking precautions, that's your problem. I really don't care what you do. Remember the song: "Everybody plays the fool".

Remember, this virus is still with us. It continues to rise, not subside. Each week that you go to that bar puts you more and more at risk. The odds eventually will turn.

Personally, I think it's too early to allow social gatherings in confined places like bars... but hey, what do I know.

So, please remember, my little pookie face, you are NOT immune. Each week of hosting only increases your risk.

Good luck to you. You're going to need it.

Thank you. Thank you, very much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:59 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Dear Mr. Scott Head...

You seem to think that just because you live in a remote area of the country, you are immune to the Corona Virus. Nothing could be further from the truth. You share the same risks as if you were living in New York.

Remember, all it takes is just one person, just one. Can you honestly tell me that you know where everyone who comes to your venue has been? Or who they've been in contact with?

Do you realize that someone from another state, who has the virus, can travel to visit a friend in your state, stop in at your bar, and affect everyone there? Do you? Does that make sense to you?

The bottom line is you are just as much at risk as anyone else. If you want to host karaoke during these times, at a bar that's not taking precautions, that's your problem. I really don't care what you do. Remember the song: "Everybody plays the fool".

Remember, this virus is still with us. It continues to rise, not subside. Each week that you go to that bar puts you more and more at risk. The odds eventually will turn.

Personally, I think it's too early to allow social gatherings in confined places like bars... but hey, what do I know.

So, please remember, my little pookie face, you are NOT immune. Each week of hosting only increases your risk.

Good luck to you. You're going to need it.

Thank you. Thank you, very much.

I end your rant right here Alan. I will go no further with your stupidity and paraonia. Goodbye mf'er!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:59 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

My friend, Mr. Scott...

Please print this out and display it at your shows. Also, put it on your website or Facebook page if applicable. Anyone else feel free to use it, too.

Now, as far as you saying...

"I will go no further with your stupidity and paranoia".

So, because I care about the safety of a fellow karaoke host... that makes me stupid???

And paranoid???

Let me tell you something, my friend...

This has nothing to do with paranoia. It has to do with reality... something you are not willing to address.

Everything I have stated above is a fact, although you might not want to accept it.

But the fact remains that you are not a Super Hero who is immune to this virus. You are just a man who is putting himself at an increased risk of getting the disease.

I will end my correspondence with you right here. I have nothing more to say (I think). Best of luck to you, my friend.

Attachments:
shared-33.jpg
shared-33.jpg [ 88.04 KiB | Viewed 24532 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:24 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Alan, you are not, never was, never will be my friend. Accept that as "fact". Your arrogance and "know it all" attitude makes it impossible for many people to give you any credibility. I. DO. NOT. LIKE. YOU. Nor will your over zealous attempts of thinking you are helping people is repulsive. Do you know why people leave this forum? It's because of people like you who cannot seem to fetchin' mind your own business. Please feel free to STFU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrscott wrote:
Nor will your over zealous attempts of thinking you are helping people is repulsive.

I'll have you know that over the years, I have offered sound advice and have helped many people. You being one of them with my recommendation of the Evolve 50.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

and one more thing Mr. Scott...

All I am doing is trying to look out for a fellow karaoke host. Excuse me for giving a sh*t about the safety and well being of my fellow man.

While, you on the other hand, have resorted to low blows and name calling. Maybe you're the one that needs to STFU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

:!: In an era of planned division just remember what the Nazi's plan was to conquer America, divide and conquer, our response was in union there is strength. We have to come together or we are doomed as a Democratic Republic and as as people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next