KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:45 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Note the dates:

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:45 AM
To: 'Jay Tando'
Jay, no I haven’t. Again, you know exactly what you purchased and you have access to exactly what you purchased. Period. End of Story. …but feel free to have a lawyer tell you the exact same thing.

----
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 11:03 PM
To: Karaosoft Support
Subject: Re: Why no longer support WMA and WMV files?

I see that you have deactivated my Karma license. Please give me a full refund of $99.

Thank you

Jay Tando

---

It was working fine using an older version that still supported my .WMA and .WMV files until Monday, July 27, 2015 when I discovered he had removed my license key so it was no longer usable at all.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:59 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Jay, oddly he has your name in 'quotes'. Are you able use your name and PW and enter the customer section, or does it reject the info? Both spaces have to exactly as the way you registered..... including capitalization. Maybe the quote marks are a subtle cue. 'Jay Tando'

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:28 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Jay, oddly he has your name in 'quotes'. Are you able use your name and PW and enter the customer section, or does it reject the info? Both spaces have to exactly as the way you registered..... including capitalization. Maybe the quote marks are a subtle cue. 'Jay Tando'

No it no longer works. My name and PW were deleted. It used to work just fine before he removed my activation key from the system.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:00 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Gwalton wrote:
Is there one location that shows a chart of all karaoke hosting software capabilities? Used to use Hoster, but was originally purchased under ex-wifes name and wasn't allowed to get support for my shows. Then moved to JustKaraoke, but had to carry my JVC triple deck to play singers legal discs. I would like to be able to play their discs without extra hardware. I am looking for a comprehensive capability chart. Any thoughts on where to find this information?

Contact me directly at bryan@mtu.com I can work something out with you on this issue. Also, I am not aware of a chart, but MTU Hoster is the "only" product I am aware of that will play direct from a Singers disc, and allow using Keychange, and adding the singers into the new rotation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:03 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

jaytando wrote:
No.

You are not reading the whole thread all the way through.

I purchased the license for $99.

2 weeks after I asked for support for my .WMA and .WVM files and it got ugly, he removed my paid-for license key - out of the blue. No warning that he would do so. Go back and re-read the thread for the timeline and details.

Contact me on this, if you would be interested in Hoster I can get you setup for a decent Price for the 3 systems you will need. Email me bryan@mtu.com

Also Hoster will play wma, and wmv files no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:25 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Here is what Customers are saying about the New Video Hoster 5.40! These are Direct from Customers, so you can see what they say.

"WOW! MTU has got to be the best karaoke software company out there!
Several months ago I had a conversation with one of the Techs at MTU about a slight issue I was having with a Hoster feature. The problem was solved immediately AND I had a fantastic exchange of ideas and ‘wish list’ items being prepared for us ‘end users’. I couldn’t believe they were willing to take so much time with a customer. It had the feel of a peer-to-peer level meeting. I never felt like I was being talked down to or that I did not have a genuine need. Let’s fast forward to August 2015….
I upgraded to Hoster 5.4 last night… Dreams Come True! I now have a very user friendly and a straightforward functional singer rotation feature. I had a smooth transaction with the Website and flawless download/upgrade. I never get nervous when downloading the updates and upgrades from MTU. These guys really do their homework. This software must go thru some rigorous bench-testing, a mark of high quality, for sure!
The singer rotation is just one of several upgrades in 5.4. You will not be disappointed with the upgrade.
Thanks MTU! - Wade Winters"

"Hey friends, if you haven't upgraded yet to the new Hoster 540.01 you are missing the boat! The new features make this program the top dog! This is really the cat's meow!!! Kudos to the guys at MTU! - WaltR"

Heiderscheit Dave Last year, right after the release of Hoster 5.35, I made a comment right here on Facebook that I felt that the techs at MTU had made Hoster as perfect as it could ever get, well, I'm happy to say that my vision was obscured and with this release, your techs have hit the "PINNACLE OF PERFECTION". I'm not sure how these innovations are accomplished, but glad they are still coming. Thanks guys for making my job less time consuming while making it even more pleasurable.

If you need any help, just ask us on the online chat at www.mtu.com, we are always willing to help anyone out.

Bryan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
I would hire an attorney and file a suit against him.... and not let go until he paid the attorney fees and damages.

Contrary to his belief, there are consumer protection laws regarding software.

Can he disable pirated software? Yes, he can.

Can he disable your paid for program? No, he cannot. And you have proof that he was paid for it and that you've been using it for years. His excuse that he can't "find your record" is not your problem - it's his.

You don't need to chase him down, because wherever YOU live is where HE is doing business (unless the license says otherwise), but in either case, he'll not want something like this to go to trial.

Even if the license says he can disable your software for any reason, no court that I can think of would uphold such a broad scope.

Check with your attorney. If your attorney says you can do something, don't write a letter, just file a suit....

You have enough evidence that shows you want to solve the problem amicably and have been more than nice about it. His replies are unreasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:38 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Thank you for the excellent advice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:40 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Macclesfield, ENGLAND Why won't the USA let honest people in?
Been Liked: 13 times
Great posts from MTU. Make wanna go and get their software !!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
crazyface wrote:
Great posts from MTU. Make wanna go and get their software !!!!!

MTU does make some cool stuff, but whatever happened to the "KISS" theory?

1) host software mac/windows/ipad/android
* easy import and playback of mp3+g zipped files
* fade to background music after each song
* key changer 1/2 steps
* full screen play list view
* resizeable columns with sorting tabs.
* Singer history
* Auto-rotation that moves singer at bottom of playlist after being called to sing
* Server to connect with client

2) Client app ipad/iphone/windows/android
* simple search by song or artist
* kiosk mode to hide controls
* integration with host to auto add to Que.
* large buttons or resizeable text.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:27 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

bry21317 wrote:
Gwalton wrote:
Is there one location that shows a chart of all karaoke hosting software capabilities? Used to use Hoster, but was originally purchased under ex-wifes name and wasn't allowed to get support for my shows. Then moved to JustKaraoke, but had to carry my JVC triple deck to play singers legal discs. I would like to be able to play their discs without extra hardware. I am looking for a comprehensive capability chart. Any thoughts on where to find this information?

Contact me directly at bryan@mtu.com I can work something out with you on this issue. Also, I am not aware of a chart, but MTU Hoster is the "only" product I am aware of that will play direct from a Singers disc, and allow using Keychange, and adding the singers into the new rotation.

Tricerasoft playcdg software works but then again any software needs plextor or old yamaha (some other brands) that are able to read cdg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
MTU does make some cool stuff, but whatever happened to the "KISS" theory?

1) host software mac/windows/ipad/android
Most of the Mac users that use Hoster, run through boot camp and have little complaints. As far as Android, what the songbook? SongbookDB fully interfaces with Hoster where users can use their phone & their song automatically gets placed into their spot in the auto rotation if desired.

Quote:
* easy import and playback of mp3+g zipped files
Does along with video files too

Quote:
* fade to background music after each song
Does

Quote:
* key changer 1/2 steps
Does

Quote:
* full screen play list view
Not sure what you mean hear but the playlist can be sized to whatever you want it to be

Quote:
* resizeable columns with sorting tabs.
Does resize columns on all windows & can sort in all search windows.

Quote:
* Singer history
Does along will full stat reports that are selectable by date & can print out a singers playlist history or send it to them via internet page (HTML) that they can open from wherever there is a browser available.

Quote:
* Auto-rotation that moves singer at bottom of playlist after being called to sing
Does plus keeps track of what time they were entered, last time they sung & how many times they sung that night

Quote:
* Server to connect with client
K you got me on this one, however the SongbookDB interface does which also interfaces with Hoster.

Quote:
* simple search by song or artist
Does or if you want to add in certain criteria, it can also search by genre, duet factor, language, brand, specific disc

Quote:
* kiosk mode to hide controls
SongbookDB can be used as a kiosk as well.

Quote:
1* integration with host to auto add to Que.
SongbookDB automatically inserts customer request directly into the playlist que for their spot in the key they want as well (and it will store the key change in their singer history as well)

Quote:
* large buttons or resizeable text.
Got me on the buttons but text in all windows are resizable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Tricerasoft playcdg software works but then again any software needs plextor or old yamaha (some other brands) that are able to read cdg.

With cdg capable players (to work with specific software) becoming less and less readily available (and older ones not being compatible with newer mother boards and OS systems), Hoster will work with MOST dvd drives that come stock with your computer. I haven't had one yet that it wouldn't play and rip my discs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

bazinga wrote:
My Siglos Karaoke Pro will play CDGs from my on-board DVD drive on my lappy. I can change keys at will too. One thing though, I used to rave about Siglos tech support as being second to none, but lately they are a bit sketchy. Hopefully they'll get their support service back to where it used to be. Only time will tell.

Are you having any issues with that software?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
that started with windows 10 unfortunately. i use Siglos too and my issue got fixed. i do agree, they have been taking some time off the forums aparently....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:43 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 31 times
Lonman wrote:
Most of the Mac users that use Hoster, run through boot camp and have little complaints...
My only complaint using CompuHost on a Mac with Bootcamp was the USB audio output wouldn't work.

CompuHost | KJ Media Pro | Karaoke Kiosk | Bose L1 Model II system | B2 bass | ToneMatch audio engine | Shure VHF SM58 wireless mics | Countryman E6 Earset with Shure UHF wireless beltpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i would think that buying another operating system for the most expensive computer brand anyway would be a bigger complaint.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:17 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Don't know why Just Karaoke by TriceraSoft isn't listed here. I've been running it for 2 years on the laptop and it's really easy to use and has never let me down. So easy to access your files and load them in the song list. And really inexpensive at like $50. Does everything that I need to do except play CDG songs from a CD drive. I'm not a pro KJ but regularly have parties for hours with 10-30 guests. Never have a problem accessing ripped or downloaded songs stored on the hard drive. Easy to back up and restore on an external hard drive. Recently did a restore on a 2nd laptop and bought another license so that I have a backup laptop ready in case of a crash during a party, which would be embarrassing. Also, this allows me to easily buy or stream songs from the TriceraSoft song library while in the program. This gives me access to stream for $8.99 for a day over 50,000 songs and so gives my guest access to lots of songs that I don't own. Even though my owned collection is quite large, the streaming expands the selection incredibly at a low price for a night. It seems perfect for the semi-pro and was really easy to use to make the jump from disks to the laptop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
danrezzy wrote:
Don't know why Just Karaoke by TriceraSoft isn't listed here.

Because nobody reads the not-so-fine print:

IF YOU HAVE UPDATED INFORMATION,PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE FOR INCLUSION.
If you simply reply to the thread, it will get lost in the noise and most likely be missed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 am 

Been Liked: 1 time
danrezzy wrote:
Don't know why Just Karaoke by TriceraSoft isn't listed here. I've been running it for 2 years on the laptop and it's really easy to use and has never let me down.

It's to bad TriceraSoft stopped doing WinCDG Pro and Swift Elite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next