KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
See for me, chances are knet isn't going to have the song i'm looking for 9 out of 10 times since I have the majority of their offerings at this time (every once in a while i'll find that one - just did last night as a matter of fact). But I found it through db.openkj.org. I click the link, and buy it. Not hard. All my login info is stored and I buy through PayPal so all that is stored. If I don't find it through openkj search, I do a few other searches that openkj doesn't cover. Would never lock myself into 1 or 2 manufacturers to find songs - will miss out on a lot.
Nothing wrong with audio only either - that is true old school karaoke. Print a lyric sheet for the song or pull up the lyrics on the phone. I have bought more instrumentals for singers that are happier than a clam they got to sing a song they always wanted. They know there will be no lyrics on screen and are completely fine with it. Guess it's just one more thing I offer that singers appreciate :P

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
I'll stick with the sites that I personally trust. I refuse to cheat the system. If I can't find the songs on the sites that I trust then I will look for it on disc and the singer's just going to have to wait for me to obtain the disc and rip it into my computer. Hopefully it's on the database that my mp4 converter uses to name discs or I'll have to rip it using cdgrip first and convert it to MP4 later.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i can see the benefit of this if it had the other sites in it. without, it just adds another search and if it's not there, then it takes longer.
the other issue i see is no paypal option.
if the other sites were involved and paypal was supported, i would get behind this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Just wondering if anyone knows of a program out there for a professional karaoke show that is as close to or equivalent of just karaoke (as just karaoke is no longer available
Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm 

Hi there. Has anyone used Karafun's "Community" section and uploaded a CDG/MP3 to it? There's plenty of stuff already uploaded to the Karafun Community section. I uploaded a CDG/MP3 myself and I can see it if I go to "My Community Files" but I don't see it in the "shared' (main) Community list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:17 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
thisisthelist wrote:
Hi there. Has anyone used Karafun's "Community" section and uploaded a CDG/MP3 to it? There's plenty of stuff already uploaded to the Karafun Community section. I uploaded a CDG/MP3 myself and I can see it if I go to "My Community Files" but I don't see it in the "shared' (main) Community list.
Not legal for KJ's to use the 'community' from Karafun, it's for home users only.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am 

Hi,

I am a newbie when it comes to creating karaoke songs. I been looking for a program which I can create my own CD+G files, and basically I have come across only two programs so far in the CD+G Creator Pro, https://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_k ... torpro.php and Karaoke Builder, https://www.karaokebuilder.com/kbstudio.php.

I downloaded both and just started tinkering with both. Was wondering if anyone could offer input into which is better or if there is another program I should consider?

So far my quick first impressions are, that I like Karaoke Builder slightly better, because of two things. First, I am able to use the space bar when syncing, and hold it down, to judge how long a song should be stretched out. For me, when I try that with CD+G Creator, it just goes onto the next words. I haven't found a shortcut in that program that allows me stretch out the words while syncing, and that has been really useful for the first couple songs I tested in evaluation mode real quick. The second reason I like Karaoke Builder better is the easy way it has to help you control the display of words(how long they stay on the screen, etc), slides and all. It looks like it would be quicker to update those in karaoke builder.

One thing I did like about CD+G pro was the duet mode. That I could focus on syncing just one person at a time in duet mode. With Karaoke Builder, it expects me to sync both singers at the same time, which proved hard to do, when I was dealing with a song in which there are concurrent different lyrics by both singers. But being able to sync up just one portion of a duet at a time was useful.

Any other things that one program is better than the other for? If there are other programs I should look into? And any other insights would be greatly appreciated for this newbie to Karaoke Software.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:07 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
I was interested in the Adobe Audition program. It is paid, but before buying, I would like to make sure how adequate it is to study and use? Maybe there are some simpler and more convenient programs?

Post subject: Duet mode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:47 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 9 times
This mightr help you.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22801&p=443202&hilit=duet#p443202

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 am 

Due to the lockdown, I have been looking for different ways to entertain my kids and family members as they come over. The first thought that came to mind is a Karaoke Machine, this I have been looking at options and haven't made any definitive choice at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:12 am 

Been Liked: 2 times
For me the best karaoke software is Kanto Player.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:26 pm 

I'm not able to send you a PM.
Missing WCIS in songbook category, Karatrack & Picknmix for search engines, Virtual DJ in software, MP3 Tag in the renaming and pricing on a few of them look like they could be checked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:39 am 

[quote="djdon"][quote]Winamp is only good for those who do not need nor want all the benefits of a good pro karaoke software but just a very basic karaoke player.[/quote]

I now use Winamp as my main media management software (mp3, mp4, m4a, mp3g). It has a lot of great features including auto tag, playlists, filters, customizable views...

It's still installed and library maintained on my DJ/KJ computers as a backup in the unlikely event other software fails.[/quote]

i use 2 labtops
to can switch by faults and can go trough
also as i dj start a song and load a song in the other labtops stand by
to change at once to make a chain of songs
special by dance and disco sets to keep them dancing and not left the floor by a slow change

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:19 am 

Has MTU ceased trading?

Whilst you can purchase software from their website they do not respond to emails, help tickets, phone calls, text, messenger etc

Moving software to a new machine results in errors (even after removing from old machine) and you have to send a help ticket or emergency help ticket.

I ended up having to cancel a gig last night and buying new software for tonight - I had planned for a computer change and had sent three emails to them over last few weeks to clarify procedure having read some reviews of it going wrong - not one email was responded to

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:26 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I've been using Compuhost for many years and love it. But in case of situations I use Karafun as my go to backup (Running on my iPad Pro 12.9" for many years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:24 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
chktlm wrote:
So far my quick first impressions are, that I like Karaoke Builder slightly better, because of two things. First, I am able to use the space bar when syncing, and hold it down, to judge how long a song should be stretched out. For me, when I try that with CD+G Creator, it just goes onto the next words. I haven't found a shortcut in that program that allows me stretch out the words while syncing, and that has been really useful for the first couple songs I tested in evaluation mode real quick. The second reason I like Karaoke Builder better is the easy way it has to help you control the display of words(how long they stay on the screen, etc), slides and all. It looks like it would be quicker to update those in karaoke builder.

To sync the words to the song in CD+G Creator, simply press the space bar to begin the wipe and press the space bar again to stop the wipe. Easy Peasy!!

*Sorry Gang* I just realized this was posted over three years ago :shock: :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9