KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
Lonman wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Sorry mrmarog, but when it comes to karaoke software, KaraFun (Windows Free Version) is clearly the #1 choice for anyone running professional karaoke shows.
And just when she actually has something to contribute in a couple other threads - she totally discredits herself yet again with this asinine statement.
Karafun is a joke software for pro use anyway you want to look at it. EVERY show i've seen (and many here and other forums have witnessed and experienced the same thing) that ran Karafun has had locking/buffering issues, if they have to shut down there is no memory of the list so they have to re-enter everything and if a kj uses verbal requests - he needs to ask everyone who had a song in and hopefully remember the rotation order. No singer history, the playlist history is pretty much worthless IMO. To say it's the #1 program for any pro host is insane! XXX Sorry - wrong answer!!

I totally concur with Lonman on this one. My friend, whose show I go to on Friday night stopped using the streaming feature because it keeps buffering on him making his show look unprofessional. Even with using an onboard library stored in his laptop, it freezes and crashes almost every show. When it does and he has to restart the program, he has to take a picture so he can reload the playlist the way that it was prior to restart. Totally unacceptable in what karaokeniagarafalls calls a "professional" software. Mmrog, the person who was having to enter every song in while you are on stage waiting must have been using KaraFun Version 1. Version 2 allows for searching during every song unless they were using a cloned desktop and not extending the screen.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Danny, They were cloning the desktop.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Danny, They were cloning the desktop.

That too is a sign of unprofessioanalism. The other company that insists on using the streaming and I am quite certain that they are only paying the home price because the system is owned by the bar owner and they have their daughter running the show for free, also insists on cloning the desktop so when they turn to YouTube for songs not available on the streaming library of KaraFun and they have no qualms about choosing Sound Choice songs that have no business being on YouTube anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:33 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Sorry mrmarog, but when it comes to karaoke software, KaraFun (Windows Free Version) is clearly the #1 choice for anyone running professional karaoke shows.
And just when she actually has something to contribute in a couple other threads - she totally discredits herself yet again with this asinine statement.
Karafun is a joke software for pro use anyway you want to look at it. EVERY show i've seen (and many here and other forums have witnessed and experienced the same thing) that ran Karafun has had locking/buffering issues, if they have to shut down there is no memory of the list so they have to re-enter everything and if a kj uses verbal requests - he needs to ask everyone who had a song in and hopefully remember the rotation order. No singer history, the playlist history is pretty much worthless IMO. To say it's the #1 program for any pro host is insane! XXX Sorry - wrong answer!!

I totally concur with Lonman on this one. My friend, whose show I go to on Friday night stopped using the streaming feature because it keeps buffering on him making his show look unprofessional. Even with using an onboard library stored in his laptop, it freezes and crashes almost every show. When it does and he has to restart the program, he has to take a picture so he can reload the playlist the way that it was prior to restart. Totally unacceptable in what karaokeniagarafalls calls a "professional" software. Mmrog, the person who was having to enter every song in while you are on stage waiting must have been using KaraFun Version 1. Version 2 allows for searching during every song unless they were using a cloned desktop and not extending the screen.

Ok this clearly shows many "assumptions" with you two and clearly admits that you both have not even tried KaraFun. Sorry guys, but you're both busted on this one.

any KaraFun user knows that they can create multiple singer lists by simply right-clicking on the track and adding to a User defined playlist. I don't see any lockups what so ever. it's flawless. You guys are simply jealous because it's free software offering professional features.

Why don't you guys simply upload a video of the issues you're having with KaraFun?
Bottom line, it's excellent software for those who choose to use it over others.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Ok this clearly shows many "assumptions" with you two and clearly admits that you both have not even tried KaraFun. Sorry guys, but you're both busted on this one.

any KaraFun user knows that they can create multiple singer lists by simply right-clicking on the track and adding to a User defined playlist. I don't see any lockups what so ever. it's flawless. You guys are simply jealous because it's free software offering professional features.

Why don't you guys simply upload a video of the issues you're having with KaraFun?
Bottom line, it's excellent software for those who choose to use it over others.

Playlists are not the same as singer history, and I have witnessed it locking up several times. I attend my friend's show just about every week and I can count on one hand the number of times that I have not seen it lock up and still have what, 3 fingers left over. I have known this guy for three years and until 2 years ago he was using the streaming feature and it froze on him several times which prompted him to pull his discs out of mothballs. The only streaming software that did it right is no longer available or supported and that was way closer to a real professional karaoke software than KaraFun ever will be. In fact, the rotation style that it incorporates is very similar to Siglos Karaoke Professional. All KaraFun has is a playlist, not a rotation list. It's a player, not a hosting solution and yes I have played around enough with it to know that I wouldn't be caught dead using it in a professional show because it just doesn't measure up to the real Karaoke Hosting softwares that are out there. If I wanted to waste my time on managing the rotation myself, I would have stayed with discs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times

Ohhhh, trust me, i've downloaded and played with it and knows what it can do. The ASS-umption is on your part for thinking otherwise. The program is better suited for home use IMO and anyone that thinks it's great (or #1) for pro use is a complete joke in themself!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times

You fail to acknowledge the fact that I said I went to someone else's show that was using Karafun..... I was not using it. I was a singer that was very frustrated by the host's total lack of professionalism.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:00 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

1) All-in-all, I apologize for your lack of knowledge on this product. I don't know what you have against the software to want to beat it up so much.
2) The History of singers songs works perfectly fine even after a power failure or crash.
3) I apologise to the KaraFun users who don't take the time to enable and utilize certain features to better their experiences in online uses.

4)Karafun "software" does not "STREAM". It downloads the file to a windows hidden directory within seconds, then plays the song.
The only streaming service is provided with the "WEB version"
5) home users can download 1000 songs for offline use. Pro users can download the entire library of songs for offline use.
6) There is absolutely NO LAG or Lockups during my testing of this software.
(I truly believe it's a user interface error) (The thing between the keyboard and the chair)
7) The program is flawless, send videos to prove otherwise or just accept defeat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The history is useless in dealing with a crash. The only feature that I can see my friend using, and I wish he would because it's the only way to set the key before hitting play, is the ask for name while sending the song to the playlist. The reason that your so called history is useless is that unless you are paying attention to the date the song was last put in the playlist, you have absolutely no idea what songs were requested unless you keep the slips. The software that I have has the ability for the history to only show the current session's requests and I don't have to pop up n extra box or hit a button to access it. It shows up in the search results area before you start to search for a song in the database. I don't know if any other software does it this way but it is a very nice feature.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Oh and the reason that most of us are bashing KaraFun is the fact that most of us have been doing this for a long time and know exactly what a professional karaoke software really is and that is not KaraFun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Another problem with the program is that even though I have all my files named in the exact same naming convention, some of the songs show up correctly in the search area and some have the artist and title in the title part and the song ID number in the artist part.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:02 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

1) keychanger and tempo can be adjusted in real time while the song is playing (1/2 steps).
2) KJ can simply right click > play any track with out the need to create a playlist.
3) incase of a crash, everything is saved, you never lose your history, or playlists of singers unless you manually delete them.
4) Tracks are imported via MP3 tag information. you can use software like KJFILEmanager to "Write meta information" to properly name your tracks and mp3 tags.
5) no internet required when playing your Local folders of songs.
6) uncheck "youtube" and "Karafun" in your search area and avoid internet tracks altogether.

On another note, I am chatting with Gary Kuper (creator of SHCK Auto karaoke software) in regards to creating custom KIOSK digital Song request platform software along with Smartphone request app to work in conjunction with the player.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:41 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
3) incase of a crash, everything is saved, you never lose your history, or playlists of singers unless you manually delete them.
I've been to at least two shows that crashed during the show & the kj's had to ask eveyone again what they were singing because it didn't save.
Quote:
These kj's didn't HAVE their own files, using internet and Youtube. Lots of buffering and stopping issues. Probably one of the biggest 'pirate friendly' softwares around since it incorporates Youtube right in the search criteria.
Joke software for pro use.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
I've been to at least two shows that crashed during the show & the kj's had to ask eveyone again what they were singing because it didn't save.
Quote:
These kj's didn't HAVE their own files, using internet and Youtube. Lots of buffering and stopping issues. Probably one of the biggest 'pirate friendly' softwares around since it incorporates Youtube right in the search criteria.
Joke software for pro use.

To add on to Lonman's response to number 3, I have been to numerous shows that my friend has done and except for maybe three shows in a time period of 3 years, it has frozen every show, sometimes more than one occurrence in one night and before he totally crashed the software, he took pictures of the playlist so that he could re enter the playlist when he booted up because it wouldn't let him do it from history and again it doesn't help you know what songs were requested on that particular date.
As for the file import into the database, I know that I have my mp3+g files correctly tagged because they get properly imported into my database in Siglos using the tags. The only files that I have to specify the name convention are my video karaoke files. I personally was considering purchasing PowerKaraok's CDG to MP4 converter so that I can download the song downloadsin MP4 Format. But that was just an idea. I would definitely have to import my databasefor SongbookDB via the .csv file format but to me it's not really a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrmarog wrote:

You fail to acknowledge the fact that I said I went to someone else's show that was using Karafun..... I was not using it.

OK, calm down mrmarog. You're talking about my girlfriend. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:09 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
There is a newer Open Source (free) KJ software that you all might want to check out. The software is called OpenKJ and can be found at http://www.openkj.org. It is programmed and updated by a guy who KJs for a living. The application runs on Linux, Mac, and Linux systems and is still under active development. Despite some possible/potential bugs as it is still in "beta", the programmer uses it for his shows a couple of times a week. He is also very responsive to any questions or bugs.

I've been using it for my home karaoke over the past couple of weeks and it is hands and fist over the only other Open Source karaoke application PyKaraoke. The software has all of the major functions a KJ would need. Take a look. Can't hurt, it's free.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
There is a new software program for Macs in development, but is available. The developer told me it will be similar to Karma, it is called LYRX.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:42 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

LYRX is very nice for mac users. I bought a licence more than a year ago. Not much has changed in the software.
1) They still need to add a remote song request feature.
2) maybe optimize the data importing.

I like the fact that you get 3 activation's on one license.

LYRX is not new software, I think the developer put it in limbo.

There is a multi-platform karaoke player software I am currently testing on my MacBook called OPENKJ > it's free and has many useful "Pro" features including Fading, break music, key change, separate CDG window, singers history and many other features including REMOTE REQUEST Features.

Looks very basic and simple. Windows/Linux/Mac versions available and software is free.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
[quote="ctlw83"]There is a newer Open Source (free) KJ software that you all might want to check out. The software is called OpenKJ and can be found at http://www.openkj.org. It is programmed and updated by a guy who KJs for a living. The application runs on Linux, Mac, and Linux systems and is still under active development. Despite some possible/potential bugs as it is still in "beta", the programmer uses it for his shows a couple of times a week. He is also very responsive to any questions or bugs.

I've been using it for my home karaoke over the past couple of weeks and it is hands and fist over the only other Open Source karaoke application PyKaraoke. The software has all of the major functions a KJ would need. Take a look. Can't hurt, it's free.[/quote]

Hey, I'm the developer of OpenKJ and just wanted to pop in and say thanks for spreading the word about the software and for the kind words!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

OpenKJ ROCKS!

So far this is the best karaoke software i've used on my MacBook... Everything works fast and as it should and the key changer is also very sweet (Not flangy sounding like other software.

The online songbook remote request system is also very nice feature. (Internet & Google Account required)

Very nice work IsaacTN. Looking forward to your future projects.

Cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next