KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - JustKaroke not showing words right Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:14 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Every once in a while in JustKaraoke the words don't show righ on the monitor for the singer to view.  When I look at the preview on my computer it looks fine, but on the monitor that the singer view it shows only the words as they come up and it makes it impossible for them to sing unless they know all of the words to the song already.  Has anyone else had this probably and/or know how to fix it?  It only happens randomly and I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

:wave: kmkaraoke,

I'm assuming your using a computer right? That plus a video switch/box to handle multiple videos? Well, I'm not an expert, but if the words are showing up fine on your computer screen, but not on the singers screen, I'd re-check the video cables as well as whatever your using to get the video signal from the computer to the singers monitor. Good luck, and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will post as well, but you could try that until they do  :yes: .

Donny "B"     8)

OOPS...just re-read your post. You mentioned that in PREVIEW it "looks" fine. OK..
along with checking the cable and the switch box/splitter anyway, run an entire song/s on the computer screen and see if it happens there ALSO. I wish I could help you more  :handshake: .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:52 am 
Non-Member

What equipment are you using to get the video to the TVs?  

It could also be a software issue.  Google your problem and see if it returns anything.  Type in exactly what your issue is and hit seach.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
sounds like you need to go to Tricerasoft for support!!!

You could try installing winamp with the cdg plugin (and don't convert your settings to use it), just to see if the same problem occurs with the graphics on the screen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
It sounds like the background color is set to the same color as the upcoming words.

Unfortunate combo of settings of the disk maker and the computer software.

Many of the softwares allow you to change the background color or even put your own background image. Have not used just karoake but I strongly suspect the background color is the problem.

While there may be millions of colors to choose from, programers tend to most often use a few extremes like 100% "blue" (hex 0000FF) or 100% "red" (hex 00FF00).

It is the karaoke song maker's decision what color the lyrics are going to be before and after the singing, but the background color is set by the program. There is no hard and fast industry standards on the colors to use for lyrics, hence the problem.

I have seen it happen the other way with the words "disappearing" into the background when they are to be sung. Quick change of settings on compuhost fixed it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:04 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

i stripped the tags off of the mp3's and it worked fine.  I was having the same problem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I avoid that problem by changing all background, lyrics and sweep Colors.
I'm so tired of seeing a Blue screen. Couple of Clicks... POOF!
CDGFix is awesome!

Kind Regards,
sw00000p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:52 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Dr Fred @ Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:27 pm wrote:
It sounds like the background color is set to the same color as the upcoming words.

Many of the softwares allow you to change the background color or even put your own background image. Have not used just karoake but I strongly suspect the background color is the problem.

While there may be millions of colors to choose from, programers tend to most often use a few extremes like 100% "blue" (hex 0000FF) or 100% "red" (hex 00FF00).

It is the karaoke song maker's decision what color the lyrics are going to be before and after the singing, but the background color is set by the program. There is no hard and fast industry standards on the colors to use for lyrics, hence the problem.

I have seen it happen the other way with the words "disappearing" into the background when they are to be sung. Quick change of settings on compuhost fixed it.

I have Just Karaoke and it doesn't change the backing colors.  It does allow you place a bitmap on the screen when you aren't playing a song.
The only softwares that I am aware of that allows you to change the background while the song is playing are Siglos, Karafun and KJamp's plugin for karaoke.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:28 am 

I have this issue, also.

I have tried the Following:

-Uninstall and reinstall JustKaraoke (registered updated)
-Different computers, laptops, etc.
-AMD, Intel & NVIDIA Video controllers (GPU)
-With and without 2nd Display attached
-Windows 7 pro & Windows 10 Pro (updated drivers and MS Updates)
-More...

The issue seems to show more with SunFly songs.
The issue will temporarily repair itself when leaving JustKaraoke and coming back (no reboot or logout required)

Pulling my hair out!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
DrBob wrote:
Pulling my hair out!

Let another Bob hook you up.

https://www.karaosoft.com/ProductDetails_Karma.aspx

Yes, it's more expensive than JustKaraoke, but...

1. We're still in business.
2. Karma works and all upgrades are free and always have been.
3. For a limited time, if you purchase a Karma license between now and the end of March, and send us your receipt from when you purchased JustKaraoke, we will refund you the cost of your JustKaraoke license. Entirely. Tricerasoft may be out of business, but the money you spent with them won't go to waste.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:33 pm 

[quote="Bob Latshaw"][quote="DrBob"]Pulling my hair out![/quote]

https://www.karaosoft.com/ProductDetails_Karma.aspx[/quote]

LoL - Yes, I know the products and have purchased some. I have looked at your line and it looks very temping :)
Two things of which I have concern. I hate to loose the singer database. It may be time to clean it out anyway.
I also do not need nor want any effects. I use my own 12 Channel mixer, vocal effects with Pro MP3 Deck.

I will go and peruse your catalog once again. Looking for a scaled down version with some quick sound-snip access... Applause, Cheer, Quick Joke, etc.

After looking again at the Karma, it [b]doesn't say it has singer history[/b], specifically. I see Log Files but History?

I do like many features of the JustKaraoke Pro... I will miss it :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DrBob wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
DrBob wrote:
Pulling my hair out!

LoL - Yes, I know the products and have purchased some. I have looked at your line and it looks very temping :)
Two things of which I have concern. I hate to loose the singer database. It may be time to clean it out anyway.
I also do not need nor want any effects. I use my own 12 Channel mixer, vocal effects with Pro MP3 Deck.

I will go and peruse your catalog once again. Looking for a scaled down version with some quick sound-snip access... Applause, Cheer, Quick Joke, etc.

After looking again at the Karma, it doesn't say it has singer history, specifically. I see Log Files but History?

It has singer history. Just double click on the singer and a box pops up and shows the songs that they have sung.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DrBob wrote:
Bob Latshaw wrote:
DrBob wrote:
Pulling my hair out!

After looking again at the Karma, it doesn't say it has singer history, specifically. I see Log Files but History?

Well Karma does everything you need and then some. Is there a way you can send me the data from JustKaraoke? I'm curious if we can write an app to help you and others convert their history over to Karma. It depends on how they stored it, but if you could email us a copy to support@karaosoft.com, I'll take a crack at it. I like challenges, but I'll know within minutes whether it can be done, just by looking at the file(s). Is there anything in their documentation about the data and it's format? if so, send us that too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Dr Fred wrote:

It's also the swipe on the lyrics. Broken by Seether and Amy Lee by Pop Hits Monthly has basically the same color swiping over the same color.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:24 am 

[quote][quote]It sounds like the background color is set to the same color as the upcoming words.

I have seen it happen the other way with the words "disappearing" into the background when they are to be sung. Quick change of settings on compuhost fixed it.[/quote]
It's also the swipe on the lyrics. Broken by Seether and Amy Lee by Pop Hits Monthly has basically the same color swiping over the same color.[/quote]

Wow
never have realized it until you said it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All colors are set in the CDG. Allowing the user to change the background color is a gimmick, and now you're seeing it's main flaw. Play any MP3+G in Karma and you're guaranteed to see every color the way it was intended. If one or two songs don't have enough contrast between regular text and swiped text, that's on the company that made the track.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
All colors are set in the CDG. Allowing the user to change the background color is a gimmick, and now you're seeing it's main flaw. Play any MP3+G in Karma and you're guaranteed to see every color the way it was intended. If one or two songs don't have enough contrast between regular text and swiped text, that's on the company that made the track.

Have to agree with Bob on this one. Changing the background is not going to allow you to better see swipes the manufacturer set to being too close to the lyrics as they appear before the swipe. Only alternative is to recreate the song with a different swipe color.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:58 pm 

New Info on my issue. It is the software. When the back ground and the lyrics are the same color, there is a fifty / fifty chance it will fix by rewinding the playing song to the beginning. Just so Weird.