KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Microphone covers? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Ok, we all hate them, and in my opinion, they are a bag full of germs waiting to happen,,, is there an alternative? Now, this is not a topic for "if someone should use them or not", it's a question of is there something besides a foam cover that can be disposable? Something like a surgical cap, only smaller?? I was just sitting here thinking about other methods of keeping people safer during our karaoke shows. For myself, my plan is to sterilize the mics and grills like crazy for each singer, but I am always open to alternative solutions...

Does something like this exist? In bulk? and where?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 3842
Images: 13
Been Liked: 1608 times
I consider purchasing:

https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Hygie ... 203&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Micro ... 203&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Hygie ... 203&sr=8-5

_________________
To be fortunate enough to derive an income from a source as fulfilling as karaoke music has got to be as close to heaven as we can get here on earth!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:49 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Brian A wrote:


I just ordered 2 of those 3 you posted. Going to see if the singers prefer that method. Only one of the orders is available at the moment, those should show up in a few days, the others will take a while.

If they work, do you know a source to purchase them in lots of lets say "1000" or more?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:52 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
Brian A wrote:


I just ordered 2 of those 3 you posted. Going to see if the singers prefer that method. Only one of the orders is available at the moment, those should show up in a few days, the others will take a while.

If they work, do you know a source to purchase them in lots of lets say "1000" or more?

I had purchased those in the first link about a month ago. My question is who's going to change them? You or the singer? And if you change them yourself, then you have to touch them. Will you be wearing gloves?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:41 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Brian A wrote:


I just ordered 2 of those 3 you posted. Going to see if the singers prefer that method. Only one of the orders is available at the moment, those should show up in a few days, the others will take a while.

If they work, do you know a source to purchase them in lots of lets say "1000" or more?

I had purchased those in the first link about a month ago. My question is who's going to change them? You or the singer? And if you change them yourself, then you have to touch them. Will you be wearing gloves?


That's not the question Alan, I already said this is a question about are they available, where and in bulk?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:24 am 
Offline
newbie
newbie

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:24 am
Posts: 3
Been Liked: 0 time
I put in a pre-order for these covers ... https://www.hamiltonbuhl.com/store/prod ... Box-of-100

Not supposed to be in until mid-June, but I don't think our area will even be ready for karaoke by then. I will pay $15/box/100 and see how they work before I order more. You can also buy 12 boxes of 100/ea. for $160 I think.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:00 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
I received the first shipment of microphone covers. At last nights show, I made them available to everyone "if" they wanted an extra level of security for sanitation. Nobody wanted them. Not to say that somebody down the road might want to use them. Just that the people at this bar felt quite secure in the measures I have been using to clean and sanitize the mics and area.

So, now I am the proud owner of 100 pretty little Barbie doll shower caps. LOL


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
I received the first shipment of microphone covers. At last nights show, I made them available to everyone "if" they wanted an extra level of security for sanitation. Nobody wanted them. Not to say that somebody down the road might want to use them. Just that the people at this bar felt quite secure in the measures I have been using to clean and sanitize the mics and area.

So, now I am the proud owner of 100 pretty little Barbie doll shower caps. LOL

What's the matter with you? Who's running the show?

I also have ready to go, hundreds of mic covers. From foam to cloth, all kinds. And they WILL be used, regardless of whether the singer likes it or not. And if they don't want to comply with it, then they won't be singing. Plain and simple.

The whole purpose of this is for their protection. It's about safety. Especially during these times it's more important than ever. It's like some people that won't wear a mask even though it's required in most public places. By not complying, and following the rules, just makes it worse for everybody. We call these people morons.

Bottom line.. when I get back to hosting... all safety precautions will be followed and that includes using mic covers. You don't like it, you don't sing.

You see, my friend... I am in charge of my show, not my customers. You need to be more assertive and say... this is how it going to be from now on. Don't let your singers be in control of what they want or don't want. So, stop being a pu$$y and tell them how it's going to be from now on.

Remember, we are in the middle of a pandemic. The days of allowing people to do what they want are over. Got it?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:05 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
I received the first shipment of microphone covers. At last nights show, I made them available to everyone "if" they wanted an extra level of security for sanitation. Nobody wanted them. Not to say that somebody down the road might want to use them. Just that the people at this bar felt quite secure in the measures I have been using to clean and sanitize the mics and area.

So, now I am the proud owner of 100 pretty little Barbie doll shower caps. LOL

What's the matter with you? Who's running the show?

I also have ready to go, hundreds of mic covers. From foam to cloth, all kinds. And they WILL be used, regardless of whether the singer likes it or not. And if they don't want to comply with it, then they won't be singing. Plain and simple.

The whole purpose of this is for their protection. It's about safety. Especially during these times it's more important than ever. It's like some people that won't wear a mask even though it's required in most public places. By not complying, and following the rules, just makes it worse for everybody. We call these people morons.

Bottom line.. when I get back to hosting... all safety precautions will be followed and that includes using mic covers. You don't like it, you don't sing.

You see, my friend... I am in charge of my show, not my customers. You need to be more assertive and say... this is how it going to be from now on. Don't let your singers be in control of what they want or don't want. So, stop being a pu$$y and tell them how it's going to be from now on.

Remember, we are in the middle of a pandemic. The days of allowing people to do what they want are over. Got it?


What part of the statement did you not read that in our area, there are NONE, zero, notta, zip, goose egg, cases of virus. We are so isolated that the mail has a hard time finding us. The mic covers were for those who "might" have wanted an extra layer of protection (for whatever fears they may have). I still sterilize the mics, mic holder, booth when touched by someone and whatever needs to be cleaned after every single singer. They also use hand sanitizer BEFORE picking up the mic,, no sanitizer, no sing. The wipes I use are super wet, and the singers don't get to use the mic until it is dry. In fact, I actually don't have to touch the mics when placing them into the holder, I can use the wipe to hold it at that point. My booth creates distance itself between me and the person who is requesting songs. I use a dedicated mic for myself, nobody else uses it. I feel I am doing what I need to give whatever level of protection that might be deemed necessary to make people as safe as possible. A "no contact" world is not going to happen. The customers feel safe (and I agree with them). Alan, you don't have the right, nor the reason to tell me what to do or how to run my show.... GOT IT!!


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
Alan, you don't have the right, nor the reason to tell me what to do or how to run my show.... GOT IT!!

I am not trying to tell you how to run your show. What I am saying is that your singers should not dictate how it will be run.

Look, obviously you bought an abundance of microphone covers because you felt it was important and was going to be part of your protocol in trying to help keep your singers safe. I don't think you should do away with that plan just because your singers don't want it. The show is about YOU doing what you think is best for everyone. And that's what I'm saying. Got it? LOL.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:34 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan, you don't have the right, nor the reason to tell me what to do or how to run my show.... GOT IT!!

I am not trying to tell you how to run your show. What I am saying is that your singers should not dictate how it will be run.

Look, obviously you bought an abundance of microphone covers because you felt it was important and was going to be part of your protocol in trying to help keep your singers safe. I don't think you should do away with that plan just because your singers don't want it. The show is about YOU doing what you think is best for everyone. And that's what I'm saying. Got it? LOL.


You can think what you want Alan... so all I have to say is "Go mind your own f---ing business!!"


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:22 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan, you don't have the right, nor the reason to tell me what to do or how to run my show.... GOT IT!!

I am not trying to tell you how to run your show. What I am saying is that your singers should not dictate how it will be run.

Look, obviously you bought an abundance of microphone covers because you felt it was important and was going to be part of your protocol in trying to help keep your singers safe. I don't think you should do away with that plan just because your singers don't want it. The show is about YOU doing what you think is best for everyone. And that's what I'm saying. Got it? LOL.


You can think what you want Alan... so all I have to say is "Go mind your own f---ing business!!"

You know, maybe you're right. Maybe I should mind my f---ing business. Or, maybe I care too much but all human life is precious. We are in pandemic of extraordinary proportions. Everyone who goes back to hosting karaoke should be using mic covers, period.

When you say that your singers don't want it, proves that they don't care about the safety of others. If they did, they would understand the importance of mic covers and the benefits they provide.

The fact that your people have no desire to comply, shows that they are a self centered selfish group of people. And the fact that you are catering to this group by doing away with using mic covers is astounding to me.

Remember, you may think that you're in a remote part of the country that's not affected but just remember.... you are not immune to this.

All it takes is one person. Just one person to walk into your bar that has the virus and give it to everyone else.

You've been lucky so far. It doesn't mean your luck is going to continue. You do what you want but I would seriously be using mic covers, regardless of what those selfish people have to say. Your job is to protect people, not to listen to those who don't give a s--t.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan, you don't have the right, nor the reason to tell me what to do or how to run my show.... GOT IT!!

I am not trying to tell you how to run your show. What I am saying is that your singers should not dictate how it will be run.

Look, obviously you bought an abundance of microphone covers because you felt it was important and was going to be part of your protocol in trying to help keep your singers safe. I don't think you should do away with that plan just because your singers don't want it. The show is about YOU doing what you think is best for everyone. And that's what I'm saying. Got it? LOL.


You can think what you want Alan... so all I have to say is "Go mind your own f---ing business!!"

You know, maybe you're right. Maybe I should mind my f---ing business. Or, maybe I care too much but all human life is precious. We are in pandemic of extraordinary proportions. Everyone who goes back to hosting karaoke should be using mic covers, period.

When you say that your singers don't want it, proves that they don't care about the safety of others. If they did, they would understand the importance of mic covers and the benefits they provide.

The fact that your people have no desire to comply, shows that they are a self centered selfish group of people. And the fact that you are catering to this group by doing away with using mic covers is astounding to me.

Remember, you may think that you're in a remote part of the country that's not affected but just remember.... you are not immune to this.

All it takes is one person. Just one person to walk into your bar that has the virus and give it to everyone else.

You've been lucky so far. It doesn't mean your luck is going to continue. You do what you want but I would seriously be using mic covers, regardless of what those selfish people have to say. Your job is to protect people, not to listen to those who don't give a s--t.


I don't seem to recall asking your permission nor your advise. Please feel free to never butt your nose into any of my topics, unless you are specifically asked. You ALWAYS twist every single topic into something that YOU believe or think to be true, and NOBODY else is as "wise" and experienced as yourself. You are the true meaning of a jerk. End of rant.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:06 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
ALWAYS twist every single topic into something that YOU believe or think to be true, and NOBODY else is as "wise" and experienced as yourself. You are the true meaning of a jerk. End of rant.


I am not twisting anything. I am stating the facts.

• Fact: You asked if there was an alternative to foam microphone covers. Something that was disposable. (Obviously, you wanted to offer another layer of protection to your singers.)

• Fact: Several links were provided. You state that you purchased from two of them.

• Fact: You then asked if they can be purchased in large quantity such as lots of 1000. (It seems to me that you were stepping up to the plate in going the extra mile in offering another level of protection to your singers)

• Fact: You then state that your singers had no interest in using them.

Now, these are the FACTS. And I am not trying to twist anything, I am simply responding to the FACT that you are no longer going to be using mic covers because of your selfish people, which is very disappointing. Even more disappointing is that you caved in. I always thought that you were a take charge type of person but it seems you let your singers get over on you. Sorry if you don't like my assessment of the FACTS.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:10 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
Also... it's sad that you have to resort to name calling. If I am a "jerk" because I care about the safety and well being of people, then so be it.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
And one more thing... at my shows, mic covers WILL be used and changed after each performance. If a singer has a problem with it, the alternative is not to sing. I would rather lose a singer than a life.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:28 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
The original post was "where" to find covers. That was answered early on. You twisted it into what you believe and felt it necessary to interject your personal opinion, when none was asked for. Hence, the reason for me saying what I said. Alan, again you STILL feel it necessary to keep doing the same thing, on and on. If someone doesn't agree with your viewpoint, they are the "stupidest", more "moronic", "how can you live with yourself" people that you have "ever seen". Go back to almost ANY thread that you just so happen to add your precious viewpoint. If they buy Bose, then they are a "moron", if they are not a democrat and don't share your exact same viewpoint, then they are a "low life moron". If they don't use the same hosting software that you use, then they are "stupid" and are not a "professional host". I have news for you buddy, your viewpoint is not the only one out there. And most of the time it's not welcome for you to add or to interject/hijack a thread. That is what being a "jerk" is all about. You call people names in so many of your posts that it is sickening and nauseating. So, it's time that someone does the same thing to you. Have a nice day.


Last edited by mrscott on Wed May 20, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:28 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
But don't worry, mrscott... because of certain groups of people, like your singers, who don't want to follow the rules, we're all going to be dead anyway. Just a matter of time. Good luck to you.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Posts: 1961
Been Liked: 204 times
Alan B wrote:
But don't worry, mrscott... because of certain groups of people, like your singers, who don't want to follow the rules, we're all going to be dead anyway. Just a matter of time. Good luck to you.


Go ahead and hide in your bomb shelter and come back in about 50 years and see who cares about your viewpoint.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Microphone covers?
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3950
Been Liked: 903 times
mrscott wrote:
Alan B wrote:
But don't worry, mrscott... because of certain groups of people, like your singers, who don't want to follow the rules, we're all going to be dead anyway. Just a matter of time. Good luck to you.


Go ahead and hide in your bomb shelter and come back in about 50 years and see who cares about your viewpoint.

I'll be long gone in 50 years.

The thing is, I believe that this pandemic is going to be with us for a very long time. Mainly because there is no unity among people to come together to fight it. On one hand you have those who are willing to follow Stay At Home orders and do the right thing to stop this virus from spreading. On the other hand, you have those who refuse to comply and do whatever they want, not caring that their actions put innocent people's lives at risk.

There is a reason for social distancing. There is a reason for wearing masks and gloves. And there's a reason for avoiding groups of people.

Just about all of the states that have reopened have not med the federal guidelines as well as the CDC's guidelines for safely reopening the country. And we all know the push to reopen even though it goes against the medical experts advice, is because of Trump's reelection bid.

This is why, this virus is going to wipe us out. OK, I'm done with this.

I wish you the best of luck running your show. Even though you have people that don't want to comply with the safety measures you want to implement, I hope it's worth it for you. Good luck.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 209 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech