KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I got bait and switched on eBay Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links


It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
The auction was for a Behringer Xenyx 1204usb mixer. I got a Behringer Xenyx 1204 mixer. No return. The USB part is not what I cared about, it was the one knob compression that I really cared about which the 1204 doesn't have. So I have to spend more money to fix this. One side of the channel level indicator lights doesn't light up even though sound is coming out of the channel. I have decided to buy the version from a real store.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
If you got it on Ebay then you can return it and get refunded via the seller since it was not as described. If they refuse, then you file a claim through ebay stating you received a product not as described - either way, it's usually rectified within a few days one way or the other. Won't cost you anything if done properly - except for time to repackage and ship it (the seller should provide return shipping).

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
Lonman wrote:
If you got it on Ebay then you can return it and get refunded via the seller since it was not as described. If they refuse, then you file a claim through ebay stating you received a product not as described - either way, it's usually rectified within a few days one way or the other. Won't cost you anything if done properly - except for time to repackage and ship it (the seller should provide return shipping).

I tried that once with an item that I never received and eBay ruled against me and the seller not only got to keep the money but got to resell the item so no, I won't be going that route.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
Never had that issue once with a return but ok If you say so.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:10 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
I will say this, even though I bought this mixer by mistake and that was before the bait and switch, I was actually looking for the x1204usb but that mistake, entirely my fault, actually was a Godsend. If not for that mistake, I would not have bought a Lexicon MX100 effects processor which in my opinion is a huge step up from onboard effects. The replacement isn't going to have effects on it because I don't want those crappy effects. I would rather have the lexicon.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:26 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1587
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 152 times
Never buy Behringer (cheap parts). Make it a lesson.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm
Posts: 49
Been Liked: 14 times
Let's not forget. Danny is the guy who claims that Vocopro mics are better than Shure mics. Says he sounds just like Steve Perry too. LOL


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Never buy Behringer (cheap parts). Make it a lesson.

A little judgmental. Wait, this is coming out of the person who thinks that Karafun is a professional karaoke hosting software.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 2932
Been Liked: 669 times
Children! Children! Why can't you all play nicely!

Now Danny, you really should file a claim with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Couple of things...

Was this an experienced seller? What was the feedback rating?

I would contact the seller first and demand a refund and let him know that you will file a claim and leave negative feedback. If you paid through PayPal, you can file a claim with them as well.

Do something! Don't take the "whoa is me attitude". You need to learn to fight in life. Now get off your (@$%&#!) and do something about it.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22272
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1895 times
Alan B wrote:

Now Danny, you really should file a claim with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Couple of things...

Was this an experienced seller? What was the feedback rating?

I would contact the seller first and demand a refund and let him know that you will file a claim and leave negative feedback. If you paid through PayPal, you can file a claim with them as well.

Do something! Don't take the "whoa is me attitude". You need to learn to fight in life. Now get off your <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> and do something about it.

C'mon Alan. He did that ONCE and got burned - don't know the circumstance behind that one, could have been just a simple misunderstanding and he actually got what he bought but missed something in the description - who knows. Do you really want to put him through a 'chance' of that happening again with this purchase? I mean really - THINK MAN!
I know if I bought something on ebay as one model but I received a completely different model - ebay WILL rectify it. I've had it happen on occasion too, never an issue. I'm sure something could happen where i'd lose (chances are because I misread or misunderstood something which has happened too), but i'd accept it and move on with my life.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 2932
Been Liked: 669 times
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Now Danny, you really should file a claim with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Couple of things...

Was this an experienced seller? What was the feedback rating?

I would contact the seller first and demand a refund and let him know that you will file a claim and leave negative feedback. If you paid through PayPal, you can file a claim with them as well.

Do something! Don't take the "whoa is me attitude". You need to learn to fight in life. Now get off your <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> and do something about it.

C'mon Alan. He did that ONCE and got burned - don't know the circumstance behind that one, could have been just a simple misunderstanding and he actually got what he bought but missed something in the description - who knows. Do you really want to put him through a 'chance' of that happening again with this purchase? I mean really - THINK MAN!
I know if I bought something on ebay as one model but I received a completely different model - ebay WILL rectify it. I've had it happen on occasion too, never an issue. I'm sure something could happen where i'd lose (chances are because I misread or misunderstood something which has happened too), but i'd accept it and move on with my life.


You know, you're right. I don't know how to take this. In his opening post he says the auction was for a 1204 USB mixer but was sent a 1204 without USB. Then in his 3rd post, he says that the mistake was entirely his fault. What??!!

I don't get it. I guess with Danny, we never will.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Now Danny, you really should file a claim with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Couple of things...

Was this an experienced seller? What was the feedback rating?

I would contact the seller first and demand a refund and let him know that you will file a claim and leave negative feedback. If you paid through PayPal, you can file a claim with them as well.

Do something! Don't take the "whoa is me attitude". You need to learn to fight in life. Now get off your <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> and do something about it.

C'mon Alan. He did that ONCE and got burned - don't know the circumstance behind that one, could have been just a simple misunderstanding and he actually got what he bought but missed something in the description - who knows. Do you really want to put him through a 'chance' of that happening again with this purchase? I mean really - THINK MAN!
I know if I bought something on ebay as one model but I received a completely different model - ebay WILL rectify it. I've had it happen on occasion too, never an issue. I'm sure something could happen where i'd lose (chances are because I misread or misunderstood something which has happened too), but i'd accept it and move on with my life.

No, Lonman. The item never got to me period due to an error on shipping address. Jerk seller wanted $100 to reship, totally unreasonable. I told him either reship to the correct address at your cost or refund me the money. Seller said screw you. I filed claim and eBay ruled against me. No item or money. Won't get screwed again. I am the only one who isn't willing to settle for the mixer that I have now. My partner could care less about having compression which is what I want. I am going with the Q1204usb over what I was supposed to get because it saves my partner and I having to buy wireless mics for his system because I can use my Behringer wireless and let my partner use the Sennheiser mics with his system.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 2932
Been Liked: 669 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Now Danny, you really should file a claim with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Couple of things...

Was this an experienced seller? What was the feedback rating?

I would contact the seller first and demand a refund and let him know that you will file a claim and leave negative feedback. If you paid through PayPal, you can file a claim with them as well.

Do something! Don't take the "whoa is me attitude". You need to learn to fight in life. Now get off your <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> and do something about it.

C'mon Alan. He did that ONCE and got burned - don't know the circumstance behind that one, could have been just a simple misunderstanding and he actually got what he bought but missed something in the description - who knows. Do you really want to put him through a 'chance' of that happening again with this purchase? I mean really - THINK MAN!
I know if I bought something on ebay as one model but I received a completely different model - ebay WILL rectify it. I've had it happen on occasion too, never an issue. I'm sure something could happen where i'd lose (chances are because I misread or misunderstood something which has happened too), but i'd accept it and move on with my life.

No, Lonman. The item never got to me period due to an error on shipping address. Jerk seller wanted $100 to reship, totally unreasonable. I told him either reship to the correct address at your cost or refund me the money. Seller said screw you. I filed claim and eBay ruled against me. No item or money. Won't get screwed again. I am the only one who isn't willing to settle for the mixer that I have now. My partner could care less about having compression which is what I want. I am going with the Q1204usb over what I was supposed to get because it saves my partner and I having to buy wireless mics for his system because I can use my Behringer wireless and let my partner use the Sennheiser mics with his system.
I have a question for you...

Do you prefer the Behringer wireless mics over Shure wireless mics?

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:44 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
Sound quality in my opinion just about Equal. Like I have said, I would prefer to sing on the Behringer mics over Shure mics any day. But this is comparing Digital to UHF. I am certain that Sennheiser's digital wireless mics are superior to Behringer's. If I weren't so adamant about keeping from having a drunk tripping over wires, I probably would choose to go to the EV wired mic that I won a few months back as my mics because feel that the sound quality of those is superior to both the Sennheiser and Behringer mics. I know that there's a way to turn them into wireless mics but am unsure what that might do to the sound quality as I have never tried them before. If Guitar Center carried the units, I might be tempted to bring my EV mic in and give them a test drive.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:55 pm
Posts: 4414
Location: New York City
Been Liked: 732 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
If you got it on Ebay then you can return it and get refunded via the seller since it was not as described. If they refuse, then you file a claim through ebay stating you received a product not as described - either way, it's usually rectified within a few days one way or the other. Won't cost you anything if done properly - except for time to repackage and ship it (the seller should provide return shipping).

I tried that once with an item that I never received and eBay ruled against me and the seller not only got to keep the money but got to resell the item so no, I won't be going that route.


Danny, I never had that problem with e-Bay. I have filed disputes against Sellers in the past (for non-delivered items, and for items that were defective), and e-bay has refunded me the monies and supplied the shipping labels (when a return was warranted).

One thing I have to say to you... just because e-bay rejected one of your claims is NO REASON not to try again with a new claim. You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose by filing a claim. That's just plain stupid on your part to give up without even trying.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
cueball wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
If you got it on Ebay then you can return it and get refunded via the seller since it was not as described. If they refuse, then you file a claim through ebay stating you received a product not as described - either way, it's usually rectified within a few days one way or the other. Won't cost you anything if done properly - except for time to repackage and ship it (the seller should provide return shipping).

I tried that once with an item that I never received and eBay ruled against me and the seller not only got to keep the money but got to resell the item so no, I won't be going that route.


Danny, I never had that problem with e-Bay. I have filed disputes against Sellers in the past (for non-delivered items, and for items that were defective), and e-bay has refunded me the monies and supplied the shipping labels (when a return was warranted).

One thing I have to say to you... just because e-bay rejected one of your claims is NO REASON not to try again with a new claim. You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose by filing a claim. That's just plain stupid on your part to give up without even trying.

That is not the only reason why I am not pursuing it, just because I don't want to use it doesn't mean that it's not going to get used. I bought a couple of cheap mixers but decided as soon as the mixer that I got for myself wasn't going to cut it in my opinion so I bought this one. My partner doesn't really care about the thing that was important to me, compression. So he's getting this mixer plus the effects processor. I am going to be getting the x1204usb that has the effects processor built in although I liked the external processor. I believe that I can use an external effects processor with the new mixer as well but don't have the money to add that to my shopping list.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 am
Posts: 284
Been Liked: 114 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I am going to be getting the x1204usb that has the effects processor built in although I liked the external processor. I believe that I can use an external effects processor with the new mixer as well but don't have the money to add that to my shopping list.
If you plan on using AUX SEND and RETURNS for external effects, the x1204usb does indeed have those, but it does not have INSERTS. One model up, the x1832usb comes with INSERTS as well, and more nifty things that the 1240 doesn't have, along with the one knob compresors.

I've owned 4 Behringer mixers and used to run a 5th one when I did sound for a band, and they all performed flawlessly and lasted/are lasting through years of constant use. Currently have an x1832usb at each of my two bars, and take one on the road for any private parties. The internal effects for the Xenyx series are very good, so much so you probably won't need to bother with an external.

I know, I know, Behingers get a lot of bad reviews. What can I say? Am I just lucky to have had and used so many without a single problem for 20 years? I'd recommend them to anyone.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4253
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 196 times
I figured out a way to afford to pay for the external effects processor, kinda waiting on Smooth to get back to me because they don't sell the MX100 effects processor anymore and am looking at the Behringer virtualizer as a replacement. The mixer that I am interested in is the Q1204usb because I happen to have the Behringer wireless mics, which I only plan to use for wedding receptions for the toasts, all I will have to do is unplug the first 2 mic channels, insert the USB mic receiver and batteries into the mics and I am good to go. I am not going to be buying batteries every week or so and I have yet to find a reliable rechargeable battery for them. So I plan running three of the EV wired mics for regular gigs and only bringing out the wireless for what I consider must have occasions.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:34 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4733
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 495 times
If you were cheated on Ebay.... again

and you're unwilling to file a claim... for ANY REASON...

then why are you complaining about it?

If you don't want/can't use/didn't order what you have then you have only 2 choices:

#1. File a claim to correct it or,

#2. Keep what you have and shut up about it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:18 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:55 am
Posts: 3802
Images: 0
Been Liked: 390 times
I stopped buying equipment at auction. I have been burned 3 times with mics. Now I just buy direct from suppliers, like Sweetwater. But even still, I would never buy anything used, that was as important as a board. I don't someone else's headache.

Besides, Danny, why are you buying a used unit?? You can get the Xenyx QX1204USB, that has the Compressors, AND the Klark/Teknik effects, for $229. Or you can get the basic Xenyx 1204USB, no effects, but has the compressors, for $149.00. Both are new from Sweetwater. With that, you get free shipping, free support, and free 2 year warranty. Why buy someone else's crap?

_________________
I am the ONLY SANE 1 HERE


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 118 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech