KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Party Tyme subscription program Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links


It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Would you use this
Yes I would 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No I prefer to own 100%  100%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 16
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4308
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 199 times
I have gone back and forth on whether or not I am going to make use of this feature in Hoster. I finally weighed several factors and have come to the conclusion that I won't be using it and sticking with buy on the fly.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3100
Been Liked: 681 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I have gone back and forth on whether or not I am going to make use of this feature in Hoster. I finally weighed several factors and have come to the conclusion that I won't be using it and sticking with buy on the fly.

I never have and never will "rent" my music.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:14 pm 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1635
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 160 times
Karaoke Net is incorporated in a few karaoke software programs now. It's actually a win win to just utilize the "Buy and download" option within the program (Many singers will gracefully pay for a requested track)

I would most likely recommend Karafun Pro subscription over Partytyme. (29,000+ Songs) and also available to download the entire library after 4 months for offline use.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:46 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3100
Been Liked: 681 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Karaoke Net is incorporated in a few karaoke software programs now. It's actually a win win to just utilize the "Buy and download" option within the program (Many singers will gracefully pay for a requested track)

I would most likely recommend Karafun Pro subscription over Partytyme. (29,000+ Songs) and also available to download the entire library after 4 months for offline use.

A pro subscription is $100 a month. Now, what you are saying is that after 4 months you get to download and keep all of those songs? Even if you cancel your subscription? That would be a pretty good deal. 29,000 songs for $400.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:31 am
Posts: 4308
Songs: 1
Location: Watebrury, CT
Been Liked: 199 times
Alan B wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Karaoke Net is incorporated in a few karaoke software programs now. It's actually a win win to just utilize the "Buy and download" option within the program (Many singers will gracefully pay for a requested track)

I would most likely recommend Karafun Pro subscription over Partytyme. (29,000+ Songs) and also available to download the entire library after 4 months for offline use.

A pro subscription is $100 a month. Now, what you are saying is that after 4 months you get to download and keep all of those songs? Even if you cancel your subscription? That would be a pretty good deal. 29,000 songs for $400.

I don't believe that you get to keep them if you stop paying the subscription plus Karafun's Pro subscription service is $149 I believe.

_________________
The Line Array Experiment is over. Nothing to see here. Move along.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 3100
Been Liked: 681 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Karaoke Net is incorporated in a few karaoke software programs now. It's actually a win win to just utilize the "Buy and download" option within the program (Many singers will gracefully pay for a requested track)

I would most likely recommend Karafun Pro subscription over Partytyme. (29,000+ Songs) and also available to download the entire library after 4 months for offline use.

A pro subscription is $100 a month. Now, what you are saying is that after 4 months you get to download and keep all of those songs? Even if you cancel your subscription? That would be a pretty good deal. 29,000 songs for $400.

I don't believe that you get to keep them if you stop paying the subscription plus Karafun's Pro subscription service is $149 I believe.

Based on $150 per month, what you would spend in six months can buy you the complete Chartbuster Essential 450 Vol. 1 through 10 for $590 dollars on SD Cards from Ebay. Or SC's Foundation 1 and 2.

And... you OWN them forever.

_________________
Electro-Voice Evolve 50... Taking Sound To The Next Level.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22328
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1914 times
In today's streaming mentality, more and more people don't actually care about ownership just as long as they have access.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:48 am 
Online
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 3427
Been Liked: 391 times
8) Like the people who would rather lease a car, than buy one. If they only want to use it for 2 to 4 years, then want a new one, why buy?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22328
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1914 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Like the people who would rather lease a car, than buy one. If they only want to use it for 2 to 4 years, then want a new one, why buy?
cheaper to lease too.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1635
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 160 times
Sorry, the karafun pro sub must be ongoing in order to keep using the library offline. If you cancel your pro sub, You need to remove the library from the drive.

On a good note The new releases that become available every month more than make up for the subscription price but like other members say too is also a good option to "buy on the fly" and keep what you own.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:54 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 am
Posts: 598
Been Liked: 217 times
The problem is that life in general is becoming more and more a "we don't own anything" reality. We are all being priced out of every having equity in anything and everything and forced into a month to month existence.

At first, leasing was just an option to save a buck for those in transition.
It has slowly become the norm for virtually all purchases.
Once it becomes the ONLY option, we are forced to pay whatever the monopolies demand.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22328
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1914 times
dsm2000 wrote:
The problem is that life in general is becoming more and more a "we don't own anything" reality. We are all being priced out of every having equity in anything and everything and forced into a month to month existence.

At first, leasing was just an option to save a buck for those in transition.
It has slowly become the norm for virtually all purchases.
Once it becomes the ONLY option, we are forced to pay whatever the monopolies demand.

Once it becomes the only option - i'm out!

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:25 am 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:17 pm
Posts: 192
Location: Westminster, CO
Been Liked: 45 times
Lonman wrote:
Quote:
Once it becomes the only option - i'm out!


Ditto here. Exactly why GEM would never be an option for me. (Even if I liked PEP anymore)

_________________
You can never argue with a crazy mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mind ----B. Joel
I have great faith in fools; My friends call it self-confidence ---- E.A. Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ----E.A. Poe
I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me

I'm just sayin'.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:09 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Been Liked: 224 times
Don't remember the last time I bought a movie. Between Netflix and HBO, I can watch something new 24-7. Every major software publisher is moving towards the subscription model. Adobe, Microsoft, as well as streaming music services. It's coming.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 22328
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1914 times
I still buy movies quite a bit, half the time I can't find what I want on a streaming service - but the $5 bin at Walmart works quite a bit.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6772
Songs: 1
Location: Hollyweird, Ca.
Been Liked: 750 times
rickgood wrote:
Don't remember the last time I bought a movie. Between Netflix and HBO, I can watch something new 24-7. Every major software publisher is moving towards the subscription model. Adobe, Microsoft, as well as streaming music services. It's coming.


Let's talk about those two..

AT&T just acquired HBO, (part of Warner purchase) and they want HBO to step up production of "New" media.

This mandate seems to be because Netflix just allocated 15 billion for new media productions, and today is the highest valued entertainment company in the world.
Yes, more than Disney, Universal, et all.

If you can't find it on Netfilx, you may not want it..


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 141 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech