KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How Many??? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

how many new 2021 songs have you add to your collection??
under 20 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
21- 40 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
50 -100 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100 + 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: How Many???
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
How many of the new songs from 2021 have you add to your show this year?? NOT new to your show....but ....songs that have been released in 2021 that you have add to your show???

for me so far 120 songs but i have a few more to buy before 2021 ends..lol...that low for me..last year i bought out around 220.....i guess im slipping..lol''hopefully ill do better in 2022

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: How Many???
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
As many as needed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I only get new songs when requested. I used to get the monthly Zoom Pop Chart Pics but stopped doing that since 90% of the time none of those songs get sung. It's still the same tried and true classic songs that sung all the time. If I wanted, I could run a show on only 500 classic songs from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. And of course, country. And it would be a great night and everyone would be happy.

Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... today's music is junk. Not all of it, but so much of it. There is no comparison to 80's music. That's why it's still so popular and gets sung the most, even by the kids. Sorry, but todays music just isn't up to the classic songs we know and love... in fact, I wouldn't even call some of it music... pure crap.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
I only get new songs when requested. I used to get the monthly Zoom Pop Chart Pics but stopped doing that since 90% of the time none of those songs get sung. It's still the same tried and true classic songs that sung all the time. If I wanted, I could run a show on only 500 classic songs from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. And of course, country. And it would be a great night and everyone would be happy.

Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... today's music is junk. Not all of it, but so much of it. There is no comparison to 80's music. That's why it's still so popular and gets sung the most, even by the kids. Sorry, but todays music just isn't up to the classic songs we know and love... in fact, I wouldn't even call some of it music... pure crap.

Totally agree with the last statement. The actual genre of today that really has staying power is today's Country. And even some of that is pure crap. I primarily stick to classic rock myself. And like Alan, I only buy what I don't have based on actual requests. If I had to start over, I probably would choose to get the Supercore SuperCDG set and then just buy on the fly for the rest. I'd convert the SuperCDG set with Karaoke Ware's SuperCDG convertor.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:56 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
I try to keep at least the top 20 of each month..90 percent get sung at least 2x..I think out of all i bought I only have one that hasnt been done period.
As far as going by request goes..alot of guest will look thru the book and if they dont see anything..they just wont sing..and they wont say any anything to let you know what they would like to see...some might but very few.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:46 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
GK Productions wrote:
As far as going by request goes..alot of guest will look thru the book and if they dont see anything..they just wont sing..and they wont say any anything to let you know what they would like to see...some might but very few.
i find just the opposite, if they don't see it, they ask. I buy requested songs i don't have at least once a night during a show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:38 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Had a bunch of Irish people at my venue on Friday sang heaps of songs from the Zoom Pop Chart Picks right up to ZPCP2021-05. I also get the chart topper discs from Capital in Australia.

The songs dont always get sung, but the younger crew like them.

Other than that, get requests every week for something I dont have even with 29k songs from ODB.

I will always try to source the file nowadays through SBI or Zoom but if its not available that way then too bad. I dont mind Karaoke Version but most of their tracks are at 128 and Ive ripped everything at HQ so its not the best..