KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My First Show In 8 Months Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
We finally got the "go ahead" for one of our regular venues after installing clear plastic screens... implementing mask and social distancing protocols, limiting the number of attendees, and other requirements from the local health authority.

At just 15 singers, it was not as big a crowd as I had hoped. This is the club where we normally had at least 35 singers, and at least that many non-singers.. But it was a whole lot better than sitting at home with the boob-tube. It sure felt great to be back.

Here is the first couple to take the floor for the initial mic check.

Attachment:
CBD Karaoke Screens.jpg
CBD Karaoke Screens.jpg [ 68.16 KiB | Viewed 28304 times ]

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Gee Earl it looks more like an ER than a regular venue! While I think it is great you are working again, I don't know if I would be comfortable hosting again until the long awaited vaccine has been administered, and things we are back to a more normal situation. That is if it is possible to ever to go back to the way things were.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
With the number of Covid-19 cases in our area (statistically zero), and the universal recovery rate of better than 97% in those who may contact the virus, I'd suggest a person would stand a much greater chance of dying by getting run over by a taxi-cab (or perhaps an errant moose), than contracting the disease at our club.

But even without those odds, as long as our local health authority says we're following all reasonable measures and protocols, I'm not the least bit worried.

Your mileage may, and probably does, vary.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Maybe in Canada the virus is more under control, here in the U.S. we are over 250,000 deaths and counting. Hitting almost 200,000 new infections a day. Over 85,000 are hospitalized and we are rapidly approaching maxing out our bed capacity in many states. This goes to show a public health option is needed. You are doing so much better in Canada and you have the public option, the proof is in the pudding. Stay safe and healthy, good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
That's why Canada shut down the US/Canadian border to recreational travelers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I have done 7 shows since Oct 1,2020. I am extremely insistent about cleanliness, and everyone must follow basic rules to sing. My singing area is at least 12 feet from the closest listener. I have 3 fans oscillating on stage, all of them away from me.

Attendance has varied from 1/4 full to 60% full. No one has been required to wear a mask, and Florida has no requirement to do so. I take photos at every show and email them to to over 300 people. No one has responded to me about any cases of covid19 having originated at my venue.

I am doing another show tomorrow night, and in the past it has always been a very busy night.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I have done 7 shows since Oct 1,2020. I am extremely insistent about cleanliness, and everyone must follow basic rules to sing. My singing area is at least 12 feet from the closest listener. I have 3 fans oscillating on stage, all of them away from me.

Attendance has varied from 1/4 full to 60% full. No one has been required to wear a mask, and Florida has no requirement to do so. I take photos at every show and email them to to over 300 people. No one has responded to me about any cases of covid19 having originated at my venue.

I am doing another show tomorrow night, and in the past it has always been a very busy night.

Mrmarog it should be kept in mind that Covid-19 is not simply a respiratory disease it is far more complicated than that. Even if you show no signs of the virus and you suffer none of the signs, still you could have the virus in you. You could be a carrier and infect others.

Just because no one has responded to you about any cases of covid-19, doesn't mean they might not exist. Hosting karaoke inside during the pandemic is a potential super spreader event, no matter how many precautions you take. Covid-19 also attacks blood vessels and is a Vascular disease as well. The damage it does to blood vessels is a slow ticking time bomb that could explode at anytime. It is possible to show no signs, and yet have thousands of mini clods forming due to the immune system going into overdrive. This should be especially troubling to you Mrmarog since you have just gotten over a serious blockage in your heart that could have been fatal. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do, just hope you stay well and safe, also those you host to, your patrons.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Mrmarog it should be kept in mind that Covid-19 is not simply a respiratory disease it is far more complicated than that. Even if you show no signs of the virus and you suffer none of the signs, still you could have the virus in you. You could be a carrier and infect others.

Just because no one has responded to you about any cases of covid-19, doesn't mean they might not exist. Hosting karaoke inside during the pandemic is a potential super spreader event, no matter how many precautions you take. Covid-19 also attacks blood vessels and is a Vascular disease as well. The damage it does to blood vessels is a slow ticking time bomb that could explode at anytime. It is possible to show no signs, and yet have thousands of mini clods forming due to the immune system going into overdrive. This should be especially troubling to you Mrmarog since you have just gotten over a serious blockage in your heart that could have been fatal. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do, just hope you stay well and safe, also those you host to, your patrons.

I am now in complete agreement with Lone Ranger. Doing karaoke inside is inviting disaster until they get the vaccine out. The aerosols don't have any place to go to dissipate. All of your singers are singing in an invisible covid cloud and will eventually get infected. They may or may not have symptoms but they will bring it home to dad or granddad to get them sick and they might actually die from complications of covid. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

LR, I appreciate your concern, but I believe in living, not Biden Hiden. As I have stated repeatedly, I prefer to enjoy my time on earth, and that includes taking risks.

Everyone that comes to my shows knows the risks, and they still come. I send out an email every week alerting them of the possibilty, and they still come. They know they can have a fatal car accident, a heart attack, a terrorist attack, a nuclear bomb, and yes Covid19...... and they still come.

This Thanksgiving will be a huge test for how each state's Covid policies affect the infection rate. Florida has NO RESTRICTIONS! Gov Desantis believes in choice, and the choice is ours.

The death statistics as of today is a 2.1% fatality rate in the US. That includes all ages and morbidities. It was as high as 6% in the US, and Italy, Sweden and Spain were at 14, 13 and 12 percent.

The chances of a healthy person dying of Covid19 is extremely low, under 1%.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I am now in complete agreement with Lone Ranger. Doing karaoke inside is inviting disaster until they get the vaccine out. The aerosols don't have any place to go to dissipate. All of your singers are singing in an invisible covid cloud and will eventually get infected. They may or may not have symptoms but they will bring it home to dad or granddad to get them sick and they might actually die from complications of covid. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

Then Danny, I suggest you stay home. Maybe you and Joe can arrange a get together, and listen to "Joe's Greatest Gaffs" on the phonograph.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

The chances of a healthy person dying of Covid19 is extremely low, under 1%.

The U.S. Mrmarog has 4% of the world's population, and yet we have 20% of the world fatalities of this pandemic. While the initial chances of dying from the virus might be low, long term there is a whole host of other vascular blood diseases that could be traced to covid infection. That it will be a preexisting condition that will have to be declared when applying for health insurance going forward, discretion is the better part of valor! Stay healthy my friend.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Then Danny, I suggest you stay home. Maybe you and Joe can arrange a get together, and listen to "Joe's Greatest Gaffs" on the phonograph.

This is not a matter of politics, it is a matter of public health.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrmarog wrote:
As I have stated repeatedly, I prefer to enjoy my time on earth, and that includes taking risks.

You are certainly within your right to take risks and live your life as you see fit. But there is a difference between taking risks that only affect you and those that affect others as well.

For example; let's say you have a medical condition in which drinking alcohol can be fatal. But yet you decide to take the risk and drink a bottle of Jack Daniels. Now, if doing so should kill you, your actions have not affected anybody else or caused anyone else to get sick or die.

The difference with Covid is, you put yourself and others at risk. And even though you may not have any symptoms you can still be a carrier and pass it to someone else, who may end up dying.

So, there is a difference in the risks you take and the outcome they may have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
There is a point where an individual right ceases to be a right at all. It's when it interferes with other people's rights. For example you have the right in your home to wear a mask or not depending on how many people live with you. Once you step out of your house that right ceases to exist due to the fact that you not wearing a mask interferes with all the public's right not to catch the virus from someone who is not wearing a mask.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
There is a point where an individual right ceases to be a right at all. It's when it interferes with other people's rights. For example you have the right in your home to wear a mask or not depending on how many people live with you. Once you step out of your house that right ceases to exist due to the fact that you not wearing a mask interferes with all the public's right not to catch the virus from someone who is not wearing a mask.

Danny, these damn Trump supporters will never get it. They have been brainwashed by their leader and have chosen to believe his rhetoric which is made up of lies and conspiracy theories. Sad. They don't see that Trump doesn't care about anyone... that's right, even his supporters... but only himself and staying in power. So sad.

It's because of him that we are still suffering with this pandemic and that so many lives were lost. But I have no doubt in my mind, if Biden were president when the news of a pandemic was coming... it would be gone by now.

It's amazing how some people can support such a loser.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Today is a day of Thanksgiving. There are many things to be thankful for, and we should not lose hope as a nation. We came very close to losing our Democratic Republic this year. The virus and it's effects on our personal lives, and the economy in general has been a severe test on our institutions. Doubts about the election outcome has cast a questions about how we need laws to protect our heritage of free and fair elections. We can no longer count on the basic honor of an individual to do the right thing. It needs to be codified. All the limits were pushed, but by a miracle our Republic survived. Now is the time to ask ourselves, are we going to let those with the power and money, continue to divide the lower and middle classes? Are we finally going to start moving this country forward, or be mired in the same old same ola for the next four years. 12 million people face food insecurity, more lack of health care, we all deal with a crumbling infrastructure, millions will lose their jobs and business's. All the time the Congress can't get together to solve this and other important problems facing this country. Let us give thanks, but also commit ourselves to finally fixing this nation, to where it works for all of God's children. Have a safe and sane Holiday and enjoy your Turkey, many have none!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
You are doing it again. Please try to refrain from putting your political views into a post outside the one so infamously discussed in the other thread. This was simply his announcement of him being able to return to work. Be happy for him instead of getting all democratic again. Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I would rather be democratic than live under a oligarchy dictatorship. Sorry those are my personal feelings. Have a happy thanksgiving, MrScott.

P.S. Oh by the way Mrmarog put in some political commentary as well, why am I always singled out?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
I purposely didnt mention a specific person in my reply. It was aimed at each person who derailed Earl's post. But, please have an enjoyable holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

On the contrary you used the word you, and I was the last post on this thread. Who else could you have meant? Have a happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. You should have said you all are doing it again, or something to that effect.