KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - A unique way to protect the audience from Covid Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:16 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
A friend on the eastern Ct shore has given me an idea to add to other ideas for dealing with covid and still doing karaoke. See below.

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1596291013252.jpg
FB_IMG_1596291013252.jpg [ 40.17 KiB | Viewed 28795 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
That ought to get the shower singers out in droves. 8>))

On the minus side - trapping the singers air in the confined space would seem to be a multiplier making it more toxic through the night as more and more singers trap air inside it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
What a stupid idea. Anyone that concerned with covid, should not be going out to the bar in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
Alan B wrote:
What a stupid idea. Anyone that concerned with covid, should not be going out to the bar in the first place.

Sorry I have to agree with that statement...anyone who goes out to a bar is asking for it

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Yes, I wear a mask when singing, even when I am all alone at home. You never know who might come over while I am singing. As another precaution I shower with a mask. I sleep with a mask, I eat in a different room than my wife (because you can't eat with a mask on). I always drive my car with a mask on.. even when I am alone.

I have changed every light in my house to UV lights. I am getting quite a tan and no Covid 19 any where. I wash everything in pure bleach. You should see how white everything is! I stopped drinking beer and am now drinking only Everclear or moonshine because of the much higher alcohol content.

I am considering a large geodesic dome over my entire property and getting a surgical room air filtration system to filter the incoming air, and a scrubber for the exhaust air (I want to be responsible).

Any of you doing any of these things? Anything I could add?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:31 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
mrmarog wrote:
Yes, I wear a mask when singing, even when I am all alone at home. You never know who might come over while I am singing. As another precaution I shower with a mask. I sleep with a mask, I eat in a different room than my wife (because you can't eat with a mask on). I always drive my car with a mask on.. even when I am alone.

I have changed every light in my house to UV lights. I am getting quite a tan and no Covid 19 any where. I wash everything in pure bleach. You should see how white everything is! I stopped drinking beer and am now drinking only Everclear or moonshine because of the much higher alcohol content.

I am considering a large geodesic dome over my entire property and getting a surgical room air filtration system to filter the incoming air, and a scrubber for the exhaust air (I want to be responsible).

Any of you doing any of these things? Anything I could add?

Yes,, and by all means make sure those masks are surgical grade and you change them every 30 minutes or less. Burn the old ones while wearing surgical gloves as well. Burn the gloves too. The fire area then must be sterilized using high grade ethynol and the area marked with "toxic waste" symbols.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:14 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrmarog wrote:

I'm glad to see you're taking precautions. There should be more people like you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
We require our singers to wear clothespins on their noses and place a golf ball in their mouth(we "borrowed" a golf ball cleaner from the local golf course and have it filled with EverClear to clean the balls.
Lucky for us it is a Country bar so there is no change in tone or quality of the singer's voice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I am finding that these restrictions are actually improving many singers ability to sing. Cleaning your balls with EverClear sounds a little over the top though? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Let us face the reality of the situation, there is no way to protect the audience unique or other wise. We are heading into a dark winter, a place where all of us will be pushed to the limit. No Thanksgiving, no Christmas like we are used to. We are in a different place than we were a year ago. That is not to say things aren't going to look up, but for right now bars, restaurants, karaoke, and large gatherings are all risky propositions. Especially for seniors and those with preexisting conditions, which soon may not be covered.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:31 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Let us face the reality of the situation, there is no way to protect the audience unique or other wise. We are heading into a dark winter, a place where all of us will be pushed to the limit. No Thanksgiving, no Christmas like we are used to. We are in a different place than we were a year ago. That is not to say things aren't going to look up, but for right now bars, restaurants, karaoke, and large gatherings are all risky propositions. Especially for seniors and those with preexisting conditions, which soon may not be covered.

i don't think you are wrong.
this was the (@$%&#!) Halloween i have ever seen.
it was me and one other house on my street with decorations...that's it. The local churches cancelled all their Halloween events except for one who had a drive through "here's a bag of candy" thing.
i walked into one of my bars tonight and it was at full capacity (not 50%) and not a single person was wearing a mask....even the staff.
we are in for an ugly surge.
i'll be damned if i am going to get the Covid again from this place or any other douche bag who refuses to wear a mask.
with as bad as it was the first time, i would rather eat my gun than deal with that a second time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i don't think you are wrong.
this was the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> Halloween i have ever seen.
it was me and one other house on my street with decorations...that's it. The local churches cancelled all their Halloween events except for one who had a drive through "here's a bag of candy" thing.
i walked into one of my bars tonight and it was at full capacity (not 50%) and not a single person was wearing a mask....even the staff.
we are in for an ugly surge.
i'll be damned if i am going to get the Covid again from this place or any other douche bag who refuses to wear a mask.
with as bad as it was the first time, i would rather eat my gun than deal with that a second time.

Whether you do or don't get the virus is your choice, I know the choice is motivated by keeping your hosting string going, it is a financial choice not a health one. In a perfect world workers should not have to choose between eating and staying healthy, but this is not a perfect world. I am fortunate that I don't have to make such a choice, that I can take care I my health, and not starve. Others aren't so lucky. It is a terrible thing when making a living can end up killing you or someone close to you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:54 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Well, on one hand, the safer option is not to go to the bar, but on the other hand, some bars need that to survive this year financially, and the owners take the risk to fall ill over the certitude to have to close their business.
Would it help to spray some disinfectant in the booth and wait for a couple minutes inbetween singing sessions?