KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I am getting real tired of... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Just one question Alan, do you care about your own health? Are you wearing a mask, trying to follow all of the guidelines for yourself? I know most hosts have to work, even though they are putting their own lives at risk, and their families. Why because they need to earn a living, and many can't draw unemployment for various reasons.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Just one question Alan, do you care about your own health? Are you wearing a mask, trying to follow all of the guidelines for yourself? I know most hosts have to work, even though they are putting their own lives at risk, and their families. Why because they need to earn a living, and many can't draw unemployment for various reasons.

Yes, I do care about my own health and I do have a mask that I use at my shows. I also don't mingle with the crowd like I used to pre-pandemic... I keep to myself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
The days of wiping mics down and changing covers after each performance are over. The biggest risk you take is when you walk through the door of the bar. If they're willing to take that risk, that's not my problem. So, singers have 3 choices...

1. Don't sing.
2. Use a shared mic.
3. Use your own mic.

Remember, people don't care. They are not wearing masks, not practicing social distancing... instead, they are acting like there never was a pandemic. So, I'm done caring. The only time my mics will get wiped down is at the end of the night when I turn them off and put them away.

At least offer to sell the covers at a dollar more than what you paid for them and let the singers put them on the mic. You shouldn't be the one putting the cover on the mic anyway because you are transfering your germs onto the mic and the cover defeating the purpose of the cover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
The days of wiping mics down and changing covers after each performance are over. The biggest risk you take is when you walk through the door of the bar. If they're willing to take that risk, that's not my problem. So, singers have 3 choices...

1. Don't sing.
2. Use a shared mic.
3. Use your own mic.

Remember, people don't care. They are not wearing masks, not practicing social distancing... instead, they are acting like there never was a pandemic. So, I'm done caring. The only time my mics will get wiped down is at the end of the night when I turn them off and put them away.

If any of your singers have seen this post, they can use this against you if you go to court and even the possible new limits on liability will not protect you. Your refusal to sanitize the mics equals willful neglect. All they have to do is prove that they got the virus there. Inform the court that you don't sanitize the mics. Inform the court of this topic and wallah big win in court. Don't think that there are not any lawsuit happy people in your audience. There's at least one in every crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
You forgot option #4: Singers stay home where its SAFE and don't patronize your bar where its apparently UNSAFE with no precautions by the KJ who IS CHOOSING to not make an effort to provide a minimum of COVID safety precautions for his participants.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:26 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

SwingcatKurt wrote:
You forgot option #4: Singers stay home where its SAFE and don't patronize your bar where its apparently UNSAFE with no precautions by the KJ who IS CHOOSING to not make an effort to provide a minimum of COVID safety precautions for his participants.

If a person is stupid enough to go to a bar, where nobody is following the guidelines, the risk is on them. Not the owner, not the karaoke host. I am not responsible for anyone but myself.

Nobody is forcing them to come out. And no one is forcing them to sing. It's their choice. Their own free will. So, if they get sick, they have no one to blame but themselves.

These people are packing the bars. And are not even trying to follow any of the CDC guidelines. They are shoulder to shoulder at the bar, sitting in large groups at the tables, and walking around socializing and hugging everyone in sight. And no one wears a mask.

So, if they don't care about their own safety... why should I?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:40 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Yes, why should you?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
SwingcatKurt wrote:

If a person is stupid enough to go to a bar, where nobody is following the guidelines, the risk is on them. Not the owner, not the karaoke host. I am not responsible for anyone but myself.

Nobody is forcing them to come out. And no one is forcing them to sing. It's their choice. Their own free will. So, if they get sick, they have no one to blame but themselves.

These people are packing the bars. And are not even trying to follow any of the CDC guidelines. They are shoulder to shoulder at the bar, sitting in large groups at the tables, and walking around socializing and hugging everyone in sight. And no one wears a mask.

So, if they don't care about their own safety... why should I?

Because one greedy person can cost you everything you own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:

If that is true Danny then it kinda destroys the reason for hosting doesn't it. Since there is no way to have a Covid-19 safe karaoke show in a bar setting, that you as a host are putting yourself in harms way, and the patrons who go to your show as well. It all boils down to earning a living, getting your what 150.00 a show more or less. If someone can take everything you own, the risk reward ratio just isn't there where it should be, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

If that is true Danny then it kinda destroys the reason for hosting doesn't it. Since there is no way to have a Covid-19 safe karaoke show in a bar setting, that you as a host are putting yourself in harms way, and the patrons who go to your show as well. It all boils down to earning a living, getting your what 150.00 a show more or less. If someone can take everything you own, the risk reward ratio just isn't there where it should be, is it?

As long as you are doing everything you possibly can, they shouldn't be able to win a lawsuit. If you are sanitizing the mics after every song and requiring them to put covers on the mic as they use them or hooking and unhooking their own wired mic plus running a remote request system for taking requests the Judge should throw it out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:35 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
SwingcatKurt wrote:
Just use less expensive mics and consider them as throw-aways/consumable items and/or repaint them with spray paint if you have to for the time being. Wiping mics is here to stay for the time being and a requirement for customer safety which is incumbent upon the venue and yourself to ensure.

That's the whole point isn't it, the venue and the host can't ensure the safety of the patrons, no matter how hard they try. The president is the most protected person on the planet, and he still got it.
I still do not buy into the fact he got it. He has vested interest in the miracle cure drug they supposedly used on him (surprise surprise) and now he's 'better' after a few days. Please....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
SwingcatKurt wrote:
Just use less expensive mics and consider them as throw-aways/consumable items and/or repaint them with spray paint if you have to for the time being. Wiping mics is here to stay for the time being and a requirement for customer safety which is incumbent upon the venue and yourself to ensure.

That's the whole point isn't it, the venue and the host can't ensure the safety of the patrons, no matter how hard they try. The president is the most protected person on the planet, and he still got it.
I still do not buy into the fact he got it. He has vested interest in the miracle cure drug they supposedly used on him (surprise surprise) and now he's 'better' after a few days. Please....

Totally agree with Lonman. He only said he had it to a, trick us into believing his narrative of it not being so bad, or b, he wanted out of the second debate because he sucks at debates in general. Watch him test positive again when the last debate gets closer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

First of all if you are behind in an election, you need the debates to try and pull yourself out of the hole, you are in. True Trump does not know what a debate is supposed to be, with real rules, so to me it is better to have no debates. Most of the voters have made up their minds, just have the vote and be done with it. What is more troubling is, so much doubt has been cast upon the voting process, fewer people everyday will have confidence in the out come, no matter who wins. If that is the case it is our enemies that win, it is a blow to Democracy that this country might not recover from.

Getting back to Trumps illness, it would be hard to believe that he did not have the virus. So many of his inner circle have come down with it, and we can see from last night's rally all safety procedures were disregarded. The Governor of Florida was giving the high five to a line of strangers, then touching his face, no hand sanitizer to be seen. Most attending were not wearing masks, or social distancing. Did Trump ever consider that if the people at the rallies get sick, they won't be able to vote on election day? He wants them to show up to vote on Tuesday, no absentee ballots, I guess he should have more of these super spreader events. Then he would be suppressing his own turn out. As far as his testing negative, that is a real hoax, he is using a cheap test made by Abbott, that has a 30 to 50% failure rate. Not the more expensive test which is more accurate. Now a 25 year old man in Nevada has tested positive on two different times, showing that it is possible to become reinfected. The second time was a stronger strain of the same Covid-19. Something else to worry about?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

As long as you are doing everything you possibly can, they shouldn't be able to win a lawsuit. If you are sanitizing the mics after every song and requiring them to put covers on the mic as they use them or hooking and unhooking their own wired mic plus running a remote request system for taking requests the Judge should throw it out.

Danny, there is no way to prove that a customer contacted the Corona Virus from singing. Here's a scenario...

Let's say someone gets the virus who was there on karaoke night. Now... this person sang, sat shoulder to shoulder in-between people at the bar, walked around greeting his friends, hugging them and shaking hands with them, and then joining other friends seated at the tables.

Now, how the hell are you going to prove how he got infected? Could it be from sitting at the bar? Walking around and hugging and shaking hands? Sharing a table with friends?

Keep in mind all the while, no masks or social distancing was followed. If fact, handling a mic, compared to the above scenario would probably be the least likely way of getting it.

The bottom line is, whether the mics are wiped down or not, there is no way to prove how he got the virus. His careless actions, as stated above, would most likely be the cause.

Now, I do have singers that bring in their own mics, in which I gladly accommodate them. As far as everyone else... as I have said... if they don't care, neither do I.

On a side note: If you're that stupid to take the chance and go to a bar, knowing that it's a spreader activity, the fault is on you. Nobody is dragging you out and making you go to the bar. So, if you get sick and think you're going to sue the bar, think again. It'll be thrown right out.

Think of this... isn't it the same with smoking cigarettes? If you die from smoking, you can't sue the tobacco companies for your stupidity. Everyone knows that smoking kills, yet people still take the risk. Cigarette companies are not forcing you to smoke... in fact, they put warning labels on the packs.

So, like smoking, if you decide to go to a bar during a pandemic, you're doing so of your own free will... and neither the bar, karaoke host, cigarette companies, etc. are to blame. You are responsible for your own stupid actions.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Danny, there is no way to prove that a customer contacted the Corona Virus from singing. Here's a scenario...

Let's say someone gets the virus who was there on karaoke night. Now... this person sang, sat shoulder to shoulder in-between people at the bar, walked around greeting his friends, hugging them and shaking hands with them, and then joining other friends seated at the tables.

Now, how the hell are you going to prove how he got infected? Could it be from sitting at the bar? Walking around and hugging and shaking hands? Sharing a table with friends?

Keep in mind all the while, no masks or social distancing was followed. If fact, handling a mic, compared to the above scenario would probably be the least likely way of getting it.

The bottom line is, whether the mics are wiped down or not, there is no way to prove how he got the virus. His careless actions, as stated above, would most likely be the cause.

Now, I do have singers that bring in their own mics, in which I gladly accommodate them. As far as everyone else... as I have said... if they don't care, neither do I.

On a side note: If you're that stupid to take the chance and go to a bar, knowing that it's a spreader activity, the fault is on you. Nobody is dragging you out and making you go to the bar. So, if you get sick and think you're going to sue the bar, think again. It'll be thrown right out.

Think of this... isn't it the same with smoking cigarettes? If you die from smoking, you can't sue the tobacco companies for your stupidity. Everyone knows that smoking kills, yet people still take the risk. Cigarette companies are not forcing you to smoke... in fact, they put warning labels on the packs.

So, like smoking, if you decide to go to a bar during a pandemic, you're doing so of your own free will... and neither the bar, karaoke host, cigarette companies, etc. are to blame. You are responsible for your own stupid actions.

Thank you.

Just your post here might point it towards you. Your venue may lie about their taking all the precautions putting you on notice to prove that you are not being negligent in protecting your singers. Remember the biggest thing that you have to defend yourself against is willful neglect and your thread hear screws you in court.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Thank you.

Just your post here might point it towards you. Your venue may lie about their taking all the precautions putting you on notice to prove that you are not being negligent in protecting your singers. Remember the biggest thing that you have to defend yourself against is willful neglect and your thread hear screws you in court.

Willful neglect? I don't think so Danny. Since there are no laws pertaining to karaoke hosts, I am not breaking any laws. There is no willful neglect. Technically, it is not our responsibility to maintain sanitary conditions. Every karaoke singers knows the risks involved in sharing a microphone. This is how karaoke has been done since it's inception. The mic gets passed from singer to singer throughout the night. That's the nature of the game. But again, if someone has a problem with that... no one is forcing you to sing!

You want to talk about negligence? How about the singers who just came from the bathroom and came up to sing. How do you know they washed their hands before leaving the bathroom? Can you prove that they did? Remember, when you've had a little too much to drink, you may not be doing the things you should. So now these people coming out of the bathroom are now handling your mics.

Like I said Danny... I am not responsible for anyone but myself. I do follow the rules, and if there was a rule saying karaoke hosts must sanitize their microphones after each performance, I would be the first to comply... but there's not. Therefore, I am doing nothing wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
How about the singers who just came from the bathroom and came up to sing. How do you know they washed their hands before leaving the bathroom? Can you prove that they did? Remember, when you've had a little too much to drink, you may not be doing the things you should. So now these people coming out of the bathroom are now handling your mics.

and this is why i have been sanitizing my mics between each singer for over a decade.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:14 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
and this is why i have been sanitizing my mics between each singer for over a decade.

Yet despite all of your precautions Paradigm you got the virus yourself, some of your patrons did, those are the facts. Now it is a possibility that you could become infected a second time, with a stronger strain of the same Covid-19, in less than 90 to 120 days. Europe is already facing the second wave of the pandemic, and we after a brief break in the Summer are now continuing riding our first wave. Are we simply going to do what Desperate Donald wants us to do, and develop herd immunity at the costs of 100's of thousands of lives? So once again I have to ask is it worth it for hosts to hold super spreader events, in super spreader venues?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan B wrote:
How about the singers who just came from the bathroom and came up to sing. How do you know they washed their hands before leaving the bathroom? Can you prove that they did? Remember, when you've had a little too much to drink, you may not be doing the things you should. So now these people coming out of the bathroom are now handling your mics.

And this is why you're wasting your time. You're people don't care. They won't even wash their hands during the night. They think you're an idiot for taking precautions and making a big deal about the virus. They don't even believe it's real... and of course, they're laughing at you. These are all things that YOU have stated when you started hosting again.

If you want to waste your time and energy on wiping down mics after each performance, for people who laugh at you, go ahead... it's your show... but I got better things to do.

Like I said, if you're stupid enough to come out to a karaoke show at a bar which is a spreader activity and then contact the virus, that's your problem. Wiping down the mics is not going to stop someone in your bar(s) from getting it.

I was diligently wiping down mics and changing covers after each performance but when I saw that nobody cares and that nobody even pretends to acknowledge that there is a pandemic going on and that precautions should be followed... I said.. You know what? I'm done.

No more. Sing at your own risk.

And one more thing... this virus is airborne. This is how it mainly spreads. You are a lot less likely to get it from touching a mic or a doorknob, or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

[quote="Alan]

If that is true Danny then it kinda destroys the reason for hosting doesn't it. Since there is no way to have a Covid-19 safe karaoke show in a bar setting, that you as a host are putting yourself in harms way, and the patrons who go to your show as well. It all boils down to earning a living, getting your what 150.00 a show more or less. If someone can take everything you own, the risk reward ratio just isn't there where it should be, is it?[/quote]
As long as you are doing everything you possibly can, they shouldn't be able to win a lawsuit. If you are sanitizing the mics after every song and requiring them to put covers on the mic as they use them or hooking and unhooking their own wired mic plus running a remote request system for taking requests the Judge should throw it out.[/quote]

Thank you.[/quote]
Just your post here might point it towards you. Your venue may lie about their taking all the precautions putting you on notice to prove that you are not being negligent in protecting your singers. Remember the biggest thing that you have to defend yourself against is willful neglect and your thread hear screws you in court.[/quote]
Willful neglect? I don't think so Danny. Since there are no laws pertaining to karaoke hosts, I am not breaking any laws. There is no willful neglect. Technically, it is not our responsibility to maintain sanitary conditions. Every karaoke singers knows the risks involved in sharing a microphone. This is how karaoke has been done since it's inception. The mic gets passed from singer to singer throughout the night. That's the nature of the game. But again, if someone has a problem with that... no one is forcing you to sing!

You want to talk about negligence? How about the singers who just came from the bathroom and came up to sing. How do you know they washed their hands before leaving the bathroom? Can you prove that they did? Remember, when you've had a little too much to drink, you may not be doing the things you should. So now these people coming out of the bathroom are now handling your mics.

Like I said Danny... I am not responsible for anyone but myself. I do follow the rules, and if there was a rule saying karaoke hosts must sanitize their microphones after each performance, I would be the first to comply... but there's not. Therefore, I am doing nothing wrong.[/quote]
Be glad you are not in ct because it is law here. If using shared mics, they have to be sanitized or you are in breach of Covid protocol and those who don't follow it will be shut down and not allowed to continue providing their services.