KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Magic Sing E5 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Magic Sing E5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:44 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi everyone I am considering purchasing the Magic Sing E5 Has anyone had any experience using this setup whether it be good or not so good I would appreciate anyone's opinion please Thank you

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Magic Sing E5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Aussiemark wrote:
Hi everyone I am considering purchasing the Magic Sing E5 Has anyone had any experience using this setup whether it be good or not so good I would appreciate anyone's opinion please Thank you

The biggest drawback is that you are stuck with the library that they provide so it is very limited as to what songs you get to sing. At least that's my understanding of it plus sound quality is going to be crappy at best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:40 pm 

What we have is 2 powered Yamaha dbr15 speakers with a little Yamaha MG10XU mixer coupled with a magic sing et 12k strictly for domestic use Sick of same old songs SIck of purchasing dated song chips The speakers and the mixer are tops for what we need however what we want is to utilise our wireless internet to access the latest songs via subscription to who ever and still have the lyrics appear on our 75 inch TV instead of a laptop Can anyone recommend please recommend which way we should go to achieve this without degrading sound quality Thankyou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:11 am 

Perhaps I am in the wrong forum as we use karaoke for home fun and not professionally Thank you Danny for your kind advice . I will continue to search for a solution to satisfy my singing wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Aussiemark wrote:
Perhaps I am in the wrong forum as we use karaoke for home fun and not professionally Thank you Danny for your kind advice . I will continue to search for a solution to satisfy my singing wife

This is a pro-leaning forum, but the more pro-like gear you have, the better your experience will be. And it does not have to be super expensive, either.

If you can describe what (if anything) you already own, and what your budget is, you can get some good help here.

Edit: oops I see your gear list!

What we have is 2 powered Yamaha dbr15 speakers with a little Yamaha MG10XU mixer coupled with a magic sing et 12k

Oh man, you are so close. You have PA speakers and a good mixer already!

I suggest that you switch to Karafun software and abandon the Magic Sing. https://www.karafun.com/apps/

Pick up Behringer XM8500 mics and cheap XLR cables. (A nice Shure mic is US$100, the XM8500 is about US$25 but fine for casual use.)

Plug the computer audio output into the mixer. Set the computer's own volume control to 50-75%.

Plug the mics into the mixer. (Add a tiny bit of compression maybe, and turn on the karaoke FX for some echo.)

Run the mixer into the PA.

Set mic gain to about 10 o'clock. Adjust the level of the music from the computer, and the overall output volume, to get good sound from your Yamaha PA. Remember to keep the mixer handy, you will need to adjust the track volume sometimes... don't put it in a closet.

Karafun has its own subscription service that will get you tons of songs, and if you do karaoke a lot it isn't really that expensive. But it will also play CD+G karaoke files, and you may be able to find those discs on eBay, etc. There are also ways to rip the files off the CD so you can store then on the computer, which is very convenient.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Better yet get the Yamaha MG10XU drivers and connect your laptop to the USB interface of the mixer using a USB printer cable and use the farthest channel to the right to control the volume and the eq of the music.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:16 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Good point @DannyG2006 ! That would be better.