KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wireless karaoke mic? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wireless karaoke mic?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:03 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I often organize parties. And, of course, sing karaoke. I already have one microphone, but I'm not completely satisfied with the sound quality. It doesn't reproduce a sufficiently loud and clear sound. And since the parties are held in a fairly large room, I would like the sound to be louder. And of course, I'm considering a wireless microphone. Maybe someone can advise a good option? Money is not the main thing, the main thing is good quality

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:37 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Well it's not that easy. What is the system you are using, not all mics will work well with every type of system. If the system is not producing clear and loud sound, it might be time to bump to a better system, this might be the entire problem.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:52 am 

[quote="Paradigm Karaoke"]to piggyback on Lonmans questions, you didn't say what mic you have either.
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.[/quote]

I have AKG WMS40 and I'm not satisfied with the sound quality when it is used in larger rooms.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:40 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Here are some good options: https://www.microphonetopgear.com/best-karaoke-microphones/. I am not a professional in this field, but I heard a lot of good reviews about BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:46 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Daria91 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
there is a difference in recommendation for better mics if you have a $20 Radio Shack special vs you having a Shure Beta87A.

I have AKG WMS40 and I'm not satisfied with the sound quality when it is used in larger rooms.
Not a bad mic, now back to my question, what are you currently using the mic on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:48 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Mike91 wrote:
Here are some good options: https://www.microphonetopgear.com/best-karaoke-microphones/. I am not a professional in this field, but I heard a lot of good reviews about BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone
All but three of those are absolute junk. The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Lonman wrote:
Daria91 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Not a bad mic, now back to my question, what are you currently using the mic on.

i have to agree with Lon, the AKG is not a bad mic. i had a pair and had to give up on them because FCC frequency issues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
I owned 2 sets and was very happy with the sound quality. The first set I sold because I had switched to a different brand due to one of the mics' grill getting broken. Ended up using one of that mic system's grills as a replacement for the broken one when the FCC sold off the frequencies of that system. Could have been using it today because the frequencies were in between the frequencies that were sold off but I didn't know it at that time. Lesson learned. The other set worked perfectly without me using my headset mic but there was major interference with the mics while using the headset so I replaced them with the successor of the set that I used one of the grills to replace the first set's grill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you have any experience with them?

Last edited by Alan B on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:15 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:
The GTD and Innopow being the 3 possibles. But again, not knowing what the rest of the system is makes it hard to recommend proper.

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you experience with them?

I have the same question. One downside is that replacement Innopow microphones do not seem to be readily available like they are with GTD Audio. For the home karaoke setup that's probably not a huge issue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

GentlemanBronco wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you experience with them?

I have the same question. One downside is that replacement Innopow microphones do not seem to be readily available like they are with GTD Audio. For the home karaoke setup that's probably not a huge issue.

For one thing, the mics are metal, not plastic. I'm guessing the sound quality would be similar.

This type of mic is what I would call a mic for drunks. Now, we all have our really good expensive Shure's or Sennheiser's. However, I am not going to put one of them into drunken hands or someone who has no respect for equipment. And this is where these inexpensive mics come in. They fill the need for these types of singers and if they should drop it and break it, it only costs $38 for a replacement instead of a couple hundred or more for the better mics.

It would be nice if I could let every singer use the better expensive mics but I am very fussy about my stuff and I don't want some idiot ruining my equipment because he or she is too drunk or can't hold on to a mic.

So, what we do is give the good mics to the singers we can trust and respect you and your equipment and the cheap ones to everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I see the Innopow mics offered on Amazon. I wonder how they compare to the GTD Audio mics. Do you have any experience with them?

No I have not personally yet tried the Innopw. But I have talked with several others that have used both and basically come out with the sound is pretty comparable between the two - little handling noise, clear sound at normal input, neither can handle really loud singers well (distort/clip), the Innopow feels better (heavier like a better Shure) while being held however when they are dropped, are more vunerable to dents having the same type mesh screen as an SM58 - basically the same type grill while the GTD will handle drops better in that respect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:19 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:

So, what we do is give the good mics to the singers we can trust and respect you and your equipment and the cheap ones to everyone else.
But if you can get the cheaper mic to sound as good (or close to) the better mic, why use the better mic at all?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:

But if you can get the cheaper mic to sound as good (or close to) the better mic, why use the better mic at all?

I guess there would be no reason to.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I'm happy with my GTD Audio mics... decent sound, and the price certainly is right. Perhaps a little more prone to feedback than my Shure 58 and the Super 55.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:35 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
mrmarog wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Daria91 wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

i have to agree with Lon, the AKG is not a bad mic. i had a pair and had to give up on them because FCC frequency issues.

I too used to use AKG WMS40 mics. I stopped using them because of the handling noise they produced. The sound was "decent", but not totally up to my standards. After I stopped using the AKG's, I went back to using wired Sennheisers E835's. But now, I use GTD 787 UHF mics,,, much better sound, acceptably durable, and didn't break the bank. Plus not expensive to replace if necessary.