KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - You Didnt Know??? New Release Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
It kinda surprises me when I hear a KJ say ..Ive never heard of it ...I have made it a point over the last several years to create a notebook of monthly charts that include new releases..of pop...rock...country...hip hop..rap...as well as information about new broadway showtunes. Now I understand that a project like that might take a lot of work and to be honest..i sure its not something that really that important to a lot of KJ ..but I just feel you should know what out there...even if its a style you don't really care for ( broadway for example )....most new releases don't get by me ...at least I try to keep up todate of know whats out there or whats going to be released not just karaoke

Last edited by GK Productions on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I only buy broadway on requests as with most everything else. As far as keeping up to date, I do that - even buy the worthless 'new release' discs from a couple of manus (Vocal Star and Zoom) just to have, but pretty much knowing the majority will never be sung. Otherwise I buy on request only whether I know the song/artist or not.
It surprises me that kj's still have to ask where to find and buy music.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I certainly don't claim to be familiar with every tune that comes along... I leave that up to my patrons.. I gave up purchasing discs or downloads that I feel may never get sung ... For example, I have one singer who sings one RAP song... and that's the only rap song I've heard at my shows ever. I keep an eye, or rather an ear, on what's playing on our local radio stations... and will sometimes purchase 'on spec' if a song becomes popular, but mostly I rely on my singers to make the suggestions... They know that if they ask, and if it's available commercially, I'll have it by the next show.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:52 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Earl wrote:
They know that if they ask, and if it's available commercially, I'll have it by the next show.
I'll have it that night ;) UNLESS it's on a disc that I have to track down.