KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Possibly getting back into the biz. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
The OpenKJ interface is much cleaner than Compuhost. Rotation window, Song search and all real necessary controls in one window.

Seriously Danny... you are such a delusional individual. CH has the nicest interface, graphically beautiful and all right there in your face. Cleaner you say? I guess so, if you like the Windows 95 look.

Do you realize that many people on this forum think that you're an idiot? You post the most inane, asinine sh!t.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
I too am thinking about getting back into it. Are we still using CDG?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:09 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
exweedfarmer wrote:
I too am thinking about getting back into it. Are we still using CDG?

If you are, I might be going through your area in Sept while there for my 50th class reunion.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
Seriously! Are we still using CDG? The last time I looked, things were heading towards the text and timing format.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I only use cdg/mp3. Some are embracing mp4 (form of video and a much larger file). Some want HD because the fonts are clearer? Some want be able to change the background so they can make the words harder to see :wink: Some run their entire show streaming from Youtube :x And some like Joe C still play discs.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I just love the new HD format. Both the audio and video are excellent and certainly much better than the antiquated blocky text from CDG's. It is certainly a major improvement. The only drawback is that the files are huge but who cares? That's why we have 3 Terabyte hard drives so storage is no longer an issue.

So, improved audio. Improved video. Is there anything not to like about them?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:27 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Audio on the MP4 vs MP3 isn't actually better (the WMV files vs both are better audio wise) - at least the ones i've compared from KV and Party Tyme. Singers could give a rip if the graphics are smoother, the majority just want to sing their song and if it's legible, all the better. I buy whatever format the song is available in. Typically I get video files from KV but Party Tyme sometimes the choice is one or the other. Same with the other sites that offer multiple formats.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Finally got to visit a show using a Karafun subscription -- all HD format files. I own a thousand or more of that producer's (KV's) tracks in mp3+g format. I was shocked to see how much smaller the fonts were in the HD versions! Did songs I've done many times before from the same company's mp3+g's, and struggled to see the words from just a few feet away. The timing on the swipes was lagging a little too, but that may have been for reasons other than the format. But the smallest text I've seen since Pioneer cd+g's.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Elementary Penguin wrote:
Finally got to visit a show using a Karafun subscription -- all HD format files. I own a thousand or more of that producer's (KV's) tracks in mp3+g format. I was shocked to see how much smaller the fonts were in the HD versions! Did songs I've done many times before from the same company's mp3+g's, and struggled to see the words from just a few feet away. The timing on the swipes was lagging a little too, but that may have been for reasons other than the format. But the smallest text I've seen since Pioneer cd+g's.

The MP4 fonts seem to be smaller because they use the 4:3 ratio of the old CRT tv's but just add the graphics to fill a 16:9 ratio leaving the 4:3 ratio font in tact. This is the version Karafun uses. The WMV and CDG fonts will stretch out on the tv in most softwares making it seem like the font is bigger.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:22 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Have been fiddling with MTU hoster demo this morning, it looks promising. It's sort of confusing, but so far I have been able to figure out the answers to my questions. I like the looks and most of the functions of the program.... so far MTU is a good choice. Now to scrutinize other programs and see where they stand.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:58 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Gave Karma and Siglos a pretty deep look this morning and yesterday. Karma is definitely "out". I am not a fan at all.

Siglos was very promising. Pretty simple to use. Was able to add a library/songs easily. Songs/singer/rotation was simple. I easily figured out the background configuration just fine too. I even tried to export a database,, but that is where it got weird. I will look at this more and see how to make it work.

I have tried the demo of Compuhost already, and was a bit frustrated with it. So, maybe I will have to give it another try and see if I can un-confuse myself.

I think at this point, Siglos is my front runner.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrscott wrote:
Gave Karma and Siglos a pretty deep look this morning and yesterday. Karma is definitely "out". I am not a fan at all.

Just wonderin', which Karma version? I think that the latest version has a little steep learning curve and probably be easier for advanced users already acquainted with Karma.

I would recommend going to 'archive' page and download either Karma 2018.8.22 or Karma 2017.6.20. You'll find that it's the easiest hosting software to navigate.

Karma trial version is a fully operational karaoke hosting program that is straightforward and easy to set up. You can load ALL your songs in the trial version mode - limitation-on-play: load 3 tracks at a time. 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
mrscott wrote:

Just wonderin', which Karma version? I think that the latest version has a little steep learning curve and probably be easier for advanced users already acquainted with Karma.

I would recommend going to 'archive' page and download either Karma 2018.8.22 or Karma 2017.6.20. You'll find that it's the easiest hosting software to navigate.

Karma trial version is a fully operational karaoke hosting program that is straightforward and easy to set up. You can load ALL your songs in the trial version mode - limitation-on-play: load 3 tracks at a time. 8)

Brian, my good friend... he said he tried it and doesn't like it. Why do you keep trying to cram it down his throat? He doesn't like it. Who cares about other versions... the man doesn't like it.

Now, do you see me trying to push CompuHost with him? No you don't. Do you see me selling him on CompuHost being the best hosting program out there? No you don't.

He is quite capable of trying them all out for himself and making up his own mind. He needs no help from me or you.

Anyway... I hope your doing well my friend. You are a good man and I totally respect you (even though you use Bose equipment). LOL.

You know I love you Brian! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:29 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Brian A wrote:
mrscott wrote:

I do not know which "version" it was I used,,, but it was the one on the website download. Just like OpenKJ,, a person should not have to find and "configure" the basic operations of a hosting software. That is what I see with both of them. Siglos, MTU, Compuhost all have the basics right on the main screen, easy to find and use. Some of the other features I can understand having to "add" and configure to a person's needs. Even "if" I knew how to run Karma beforehand, I would definitely not use the version I tried.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
mrscott wrote:

Siglos was very promising. Pretty simple to use. Was able to add a library/songs easily. Songs/singer/rotation was simple. I easily figured out the background configuration just fine too. I even tried to export a database,, but that is where it got weird. I will look at this more and see how to make it work.

I have tried the demo of Compuhost already, and was a bit frustrated with it. So, maybe I will have to give it another try and see if I can un-confuse myself.

I think at this point, Siglos is my front runner.

Don't overlook that Siglos also has a remote kiosk feature that is free and customizable. Other hosting software also have this feature but it's an additional expense.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
Brian, my good friend... he said he tried it and doesn't like it. Why do you keep trying to cram it down his throat? He doesn't like it. Who cares about other versions... the man doesn't like it.

Here's another exaggeration from, Alan overemphasizing "Why do you keep trying to cram it down his throat?".

So, you come to that conclusion from my ONE single post; I’d say it’s very typical of you, Alan. I would expect no less because you always exceeded expectations in this area (provocation). Anyway, what I posted was merely a suggestion.

Alan B wrote:
Now, do you see me trying to push CompuHost with him? No you don't. Do you see me selling him on CompuHost being the best hosting program out there? No you don't.

Not from this thread, but to others? Yes, most definitely. All they have to do is revisit your posts from other threads. That's where compuhost's “cram down our throats” would be evident.

Anyway, I hope you’re doing well, my friend. You are a good man and I totally respect you (even though you use Evolve 50 speakers). LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Anyway

You are the man, Brian!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Have a look at the latest version of Sax-N-Dotty's show presenter.

https://www.showpresenterpro.com/

Trial is fully functional, it wont manage the rotation but is pretty good at being simple and easy to use :)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:28 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Buster79 wrote:

Trial is fully functional, it wont manage the rotation but is pretty good at being simple and easy to use :)

Does it have remote functions? (kiosk, tablet)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Buster79 wrote:

It is a very basic (very basic) hosting program that lacks many of the features that the more advanced professional programs have. Personally, I could never use it in a professional setting. However, it's reasonably priced at $49 and might be just the thing for teenagers wanting to do karaoke at home without all of the bells and whistles that most of the other programs like Karma and CompuHost have.

If you're looking for a no frills hosting program, another one you might want to consider is KaraFun.