KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - After 9 years using Compuhost, I think I've had enough... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:29 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Brand new gaming laptop to replace old one that is freezing up. New one has latest i7 processor, SSD hard drive and 16gb of RAM.
So guess what happens when I install Compuhost? It freezes up my ferrari of a laptop. Jumped through a bunch of hoops, reinstalled compuhost, reinstalled the OS.
Thought I had everything ready to go before I transferred the license over, NOPE. My filler music playlist disappeared, and karaoke tracks won't play. I'm done.
Been toying around with Karafun, it will do the trick in a pinch, but the rotation management and filler tunes are too few in options for me. I would only go there because I'm tempted by the subscription service.
What are my options between MTU, Siglos & Karma that I see you all boasting about that has a STRONG filler music section? I have a crazy night with college kids that I need to do about 50% in DJ mode. I imagine they all have decent rotation management.
THANKS!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:20 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
michaeldiapers wrote:
Brand new gaming laptop to replace old one that is freezing up. New one has latest i7 processor, SSD hard drive and 16gb of RAM.
So guess what happens when I install Compuhost? It freezes up my ferrari of a laptop. Jumped through a bunch of hoops, reinstalled compuhost, reinstalled the OS.
Thought I had everything ready to go before I transferred the license over, NOPE. My filler music playlist disappeared, and karaoke tracks won't play. I'm done.
Been toying around with Karafun, it will do the trick in a pinch, but the rotation management and filler tunes are too few in options for me. I would only go there because I'm tempted by the subscription service.
What are my options between MTU, Siglos & Karma that I see you all boasting about that has a STRONG filler music section? I have a crazy night with college kids that I need to do about 50% in DJ mode. I imagine they all have decent rotation management.
THANKS!

I am going to say that the problem is NOT with CompuHost. It's with your laptop. And the reason you lost your playlist is because you didn't properly replace your History and Songlist tps files which you should have saved before formatting. They go in the CompuHost program file.

I've been using CH for 18 years and it's never let me down. Sure, I've had issues during that time but they've always been addressed and corrected. Most of the time it's user error.

I have CH installed on an HP and a Acer laptop. No problems on either. So again, I believe your problem is not with CompuHost rather the user and/or laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
michaeldiapers wrote:
THANKS!

I am going to say that the problem is NOT with CompuHost. It's with your laptop. And the reason you lost your playlist is because you didn't properly replace your History and Songlist tps files which you should have saved before formatting. They go in the CompuHost program file.

I've been using CH for 18 years and it's never let me down. Sure, I've had issues during that time but they've always been addressed and corrected. Most of the time it's user error.

I have CH installed on an HP and a Acer laptop. No problems on either. So again, I believe your problem is not with CompuHost rather the user and/or laptop.

Total b.s.. if a computer exceeds the minimum specs of a software, then that software should function right off the bat perfectly. The saving of history and playlist is probably correct. I have up on Compuhost when it kept crashing on my mp4 video files so I gave up on the rotation and switched over to VirtualDJ and kept my phone app kiosk capability.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:58 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
i believe i bought my ch like 10 or 11 years ago,back when i first bought it,you had to have a dongle.I upgraded to the newer version where the dongle wasn't required..
I quit doing karaoke for about 3 or 4 years and when i went back to it,i re downloaded the software but found it only gave me the demo version and my serial code didn't work.I emailed them and they got me set up again but it said i needed a dongle,called back and they said they had no record of my upgrade and i didn't have the purchase info.Well i threw out my dongle when i upgraded so now i have a useless program that i paid quite a bit of money for.I bought the cdrip and the songbook package as well and i can't even get those back.
To bad because i really liked CH and would still be using it today if i could.I also have not found anything i like as much