KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Help with setup: Yamaha Rx3080, MG10xu Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:12 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi everyone I know I should not be using this av reciever for karaoke but wanted to test my existing home theatre system if it will work.

Using Smart Tv YouTube channel and using output optical to rca converter feeds into mixer and mixer output 1/4” to RCA connection to Av reciever but can’t get it to work.

Tried plugging into : av1 av2 av3 audio 1 2 3 and aux

If anybody familiar with the input setting on this Av reciever to make it work please advise

Option 2: Ditch using both Yamaha av reciever and mixer and get a karaoke specific power amp with mic input and use Pa speakers. Any suggestion on brand and model?

Home karoake setting only, would like it to sound like the ones they use in Ktown lol

Thanks!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Option 2. NEVER use your home stereo/theater equipment to sing through unless you like eventually replacing blown drivers and possibly amps. Aso don't ever get anything with 'karaoke' in the description, it's usually low grade, underfeatured and higher priced. There are small PA systems that will suffice for small karaoke systems.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:54 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
stevenshaw wrote:
get a karaoke specific power amp with mic input and use Pa speakers. Any suggestion on brand and model?Thanks!

No no and, no. If it's labeled "karaoke specific" you can bet it's crap. Get almost any other amp (it won't have any mic inputs), and a decent little mixer (Yamaha or Behringer make nice little ones) and use the xlr inputs on the mixer for your mics. Right there it will sound a whole lot better.

I'm not as opposed to using a home stereo for at-home karaoke as Lonnie, I've done it for at-home parties for years, but you REALLY have to keep your levels low or it'll blow up on you. Safer to use pro gear, even cheap low-end pro gear, and keep your nice in-home stereo intact for what it was meant for.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:38 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Go to your local musician's store and see what they have available used, or on craigslist or even pawn shops for your mixer/amp and speakers to save some money. Look for Peavy, Yamaha or Behringer for your application. Ask your local KJ's if they have any used sound gear they're willing to sell. Make SURE you have them demonstrate the equipment THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU BUY!! No more than 300 watts should be more than suitable for your use. And Lonnie's right about singing through your home stereo....it can be done, but not recommended for the reasons he gives. And avoid anything labeled "KARAOKE" for all the reasons given.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile