KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice ACTUALLY came out with new music Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Has SC released any more songs since the first eleven songs?
Karaoke Version releases songs almost on a daily basis.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
nope, nothing.
i'm going to guess since they put out songs nobody wanted, they gave uyp again.
but they will just say what they did last time...
"nobody wants to pay for music anymore.... piracy has shut us down again."
it's going to be our fault the experiment failed, not the garbage song choices and poor delivery and marketing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:48 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
nope, nothing.
i'm going to guess since they put out songs nobody wanted, they gave uyp again.
but they will just say what they did last time...
"nobody wants to pay for music anymore.... piracy has shut us down again."
it's going to be our fault the experiment failed, not the garbage song choices and poor delivery and marketing.

Totally agree with you. Out of the eleven, only the Styx song, the Garth Brooks song, the Jimmy Allen song and the Bryan Mayer song was worth putting out and while the Bryan Mayer song was a regional hit, it was quite good in my opinion. 4 out of 11, not really a good deal. I have three out of the four and none are Sound Choice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
And KV is releasing the Styx at the very least as an instrumental.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:11 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Well two months in a row without new songs. If it becomes three I am completely done

$25/year for two good songs may be dirt cheap as far as leasing goes, but it still ain't worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:35 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
welcome to the party jclaydon, glad to have you aboard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:07 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
thebigone99 wrote:
So Sound Choice actually came out with 11 new tracks, and they sound really good. I had my doubts for sure, but am glad to see they kept their word. They say they are coming out with new songs from now on! I'm excited!

I'll wait until they come out on Youtube and give them a listen..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
jclaydon wrote:
Well two months in a row without new songs. If it becomes three I am completely done...

You're not really surprised are you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
jclaydon wrote:
Well two months in a row without new songs. If it becomes three I am completely done...

You're not really surprised are you?

It's really quite sad, SC can only produce 11 tracks in what 5 months time where in a matter of 6 weeks, for personal use only, I have been able to create 19. Must be majorly slow to get licensing after poisoning the well since even Party Tyme can get close what I produced in even less time than I was able to do even with licensing which I didn't go through since I don't intend on distribution or even using in my shows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:45 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

When you say personal use; does that mean that you NEVER sing them outside of your house? The time to make 19 songs well, is probably close to 19 hours. I've made plenty of homemade karaoke tracks but for the most part, sang every one of them in public at least once. I understand how much time it takes to make them and sometimes it does seem like a waste of time to spend close to an hour to make a song that is only 3 or 4 minutes long that you might only sing a few times in public. I can't imagine making a song with no intention of ever singing it for an audience. Is Sound Choice or PEP going to come after you for creating a homemade karaoke track and singing it at one of your own shows? I doubt it. I would think that the odds of getting into trouble for doing so would be about a billion to one. What song titles have you made? Are they all songs by the same band or a variety? I've been looking for a good backing track for "Skating Away" by Jethro Tull for years, with no luck. Did you find all of the tracks you wanted on karaoke version or other web sites?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:55 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
When you say personal use; does that mean that you NEVER sing them outside of your house? The time to make 19 songs well, is probably close to 19 hours. I've made plenty of homemade karaoke tracks but for the most part, sang every one of them in public at least once. I understand how much time it takes to make them and sometimes it does seem like a waste of time to spend close to an hour to make a song that is only 3 or 4 minutes long that you might only sing a few times in public. I can't imagine making a song with no intention of ever singing it for an audience. Is Sound Choice or PEP going to come after you for creating a homemade karaoke track and singing it at one of your own shows? I doubt it. I would think that the odds of getting into trouble for doing so would be about a billion to one. What song titles have you made? Are they all songs by the same band or a variety? I've been looking for a good backing track for "Skating Away" by Jethro Tull for years, with no luck. Did you find all of the tracks you wanted on karaoke version or other web sites?

Then I guess that you aren't as good as I am at creating. Takes me just the time to find and download the backing tracks, find, cut, paste and set the lyrics, load the guide music in, place the lyrics, replace the guide music with the performance track and expport it to hard drive. If the lyrics are perfect, I can usually sync the lyrics in one shot. I will be honest, about three if them I converted to MP3 from You Tube, three I used backing tracks from Karaoke Version, the rest I devocalized from my dj music using Phonic Mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:29 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

All I have to say is: Haste makes waste. If you're not going back to adjust your lyrics; they're probably way out of sync but I guess speed is more important than accuracy to some people. I'd put my karaoke creations up against yours, or anyone else's for that matter, any day. I'd love to see what your rush jobs look like. Youtube perhaps?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Haven't found any out of sync yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

YEAH RIGHT! AND YOU THINK YOU SOUND LIKE STEVE PERRY. PUT UP OR SHUT UP! You think that you have the best equipment the best voice and now the best homemade karaoke tracks. Everything you do is just perfect; in your mind any way. You have no idea just how clueless you are.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
KJKILLER wrote:
YEAH RIGHT! AND YOU THINK YOU SOUND LIKE STEVE PERRY. PUT UP OR SHUT UP! You think that you have the best equipment the best voice and now the best homemade karaoke tracks. Everything you do is just perfect; in your mind any way. You have no idea just how clueless you are.

I listened to Danny's submission that he DL'd into Showcase a couple of months ago, and he has now removed. I can definitely tell you that he does not sound like Perry, or could on his best days, hit Perry's high notes. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:50 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

There are many people out there who make their own karaoke tracks and they share most of them. Some of them are really good and some of them are really bad; loaded with lyric mistakes and bad spelling. Many of them just copy and paste whatever lyrics they find on-line and create a karaoke track with lyrics that are wrong. They don't bother to check or even listen to the song while they're making the track. They all have one thing in common. They all think that they make perfect karaoke tracks and when you tell them that there is a mistake in their track; they get all bent out of shape. I think that DannyG should put up a link to what he thinks is his best homemade karaoke track and I'll do the same. We can let the forum members vote to see which one they would buy if they were available for sale. I'd really like to hear what one of his vocally reduced tracks sounds like because most of those programs don't work very well. I can put up one of those too. ...."and if you care to take this dare I'll make a bet with you. Now you try to sell a lot a b%llsh&t boy but give the devil his due; I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul 'cause I think I'm better than you". Wanna compare song parodies too? Have you ever made one?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:44 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:

I listened to Danny's submission that he DL'd into Showcase a couple of months ago, and he has now removed. I can definitely tell you that he does not sound like Perry, or could on his best days, hit Perry's high notes. :lol:
Yeah interesting he don't have any songs posted any longer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I found a video of Danny trying to sing "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi and I can see, or should I say hear why he hasn't accepted my challenge. If his homemade karaoke tracks are the same quality as that video; I don't think anyone would buy them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:44 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
as i stated in the other forum pep managed to come out with their 3rd release. I like all 4 songs and the quality is much better than even their best old track ever was but i still doubt anyone is going to be requesting them any time soon. At least they only charged $8 instead of 10
1. Run To You - Lacey Sturm
2. A Woman's Rant - Jo Dee Messina
3. Alone - Trampled by Turtles
4. Everyday With You Girl - Classics IV

again i committed to six releases.. 3 down 3 chances to redeem themselves. Tick tock sound choice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

None of those I have any interest in nor have ever had a request for. Why did they take requests from the general karaoke community if they aren't going to focus on the songs actually wanted by said community. There is NO WAY the songs released to date were the most highly requested.