KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wheeler Walker Jr.....Rated R Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
I had never heard of Wheeler Walker Jr till recently when I was checking out songs to buy and I came acrossed....Eatin (@$%&#!) / Kickin (@$%&#!)....and ...I Like Smoking Pot (A lot )...both of which I bought on the spot from Karaoke Version. After checking out more of his music...I want to roll on the floor laughing..OMG!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: For Those who like adult content in you book...check out his songs!!!!! there have been many more of his songs suggested to karaoke version..Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Other songs of his.....
Save Some Titty Milk For Me
Finger Up My Butt
(@$%&#!) You With The Lights On

****These songs are not for virgin ears...LMAO****

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:17 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
Sit On My Face is my favorite from Wheeler Walker. Always gets a laugh if played at the appropriate time.

Just bought them both as well.. I have a crowd that will sing it...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I guess there is a time and place for everything. I just don't think that most karaoke venues are the types of places for these kinds of songs. Most of the karaoke venues that I've been to have been family type of environments full of men women and sometimes children. These songs would be okay at a bachelor or bachelorette party but not at the local pizza restaurant on karaoke night. Just my opinion. I listened to a handful of songs by Mr. Walker and while I found them to be very humorous, I wouldn't sing any of them at the local karaoke show where men are there with their wives and or girlfriends and maybe their kids. Your mileage may vary but I'm gonna sing a song that everyone can enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:28 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
No worries at our show, club wouldn't allow it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:57 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

People at clubs are always using the F Bomb..and ect...cussing like there is NO tomorrow...the only difference is its over the mic..the only difference...but I will tell you...half of the bar is swearing..around their wife...girlfriend ect....and usually their wife and girlfriends are cussing just as bad
ooohhhh but if someone is singing it.......then that's taboo...give me a break...then go around the bar and tell all...ALL the guest to watch what they are saying..they will tell you where to get off....
It not right to tell singers they cant but its ok if bar patrons ......if your going to have a no cussing rules its should apply to everyone in the bar...guests including not just singers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:33 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Eh, job security for me since other kj's have said they wouldn't go along with that rule. I don't care either way, no one has left because I said they couldn't swear on stage and many are still regulars.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:02 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

GK Productions wrote:
People at clubs are always using the F Bomb..and ect...cussing like there is NO tomorrow...the only difference is its over the mic..the only difference...but I will tell you...half of the bar is swearing..around their wife...girlfriend ect....and usually their wife and girlfriends are cussing just as bad
ooohhhh but if someone is singing it.......then that's taboo...give me a break...then go around the bar and tell all...ALL the guest to watch what they are saying..they will tell you where to get off....
It not right to tell singers they cant but its ok if bar patrons ......if your going to have a no cussing rules its should apply to everyone in the bar...guests including not just singers.

Like I said previously.....right time and the right place. If the clubs you work in allow it, and even embrace it; then go right ahead and let people sing it. If shocking the audience is more important to you than entertaining them with a PG rated song; that's your decision to make. I have found out over the years that people who "sing" these types of songs are usually pretty poor singers anyway and I can put up with any kind of crap for 3 or 4 minutes. There may be some venues that appreciate an X-Rated karaoke show. Most karaoke singers that I have come across would rather be at a more family style karaoke show. If someone sang an X-rated type song at a karaoke show at a family restaurant; there might be a handful of people that would enjoy it bust most of the people there would probably think that the "singer" was just being an A-hole.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Lonman wrote:
Eh, job security for me since other kj's have said they wouldn't go along with that rule. I don't care either way, no one has left because I said they couldn't swear on stage and many are still regulars.

I would only KJ at a place that DOESN'T allow profanity. It is not necessary to have a good time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:44 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I would only KJ at a place that DOESN'T allow profanity. It is not necessary to have a good time.
I used to be against it - but have come to embrace it and believe it or not, singers of ALL ages thank me for it. Even if it was allowed, I probably still wouldn't encourage or list anything. I think songs without it but use innuendos to make you think about it is more creative than flat out saying the words!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
There is only one bar where I can get away with it. It is a college bar in a college town. One of our singers sang "Sit On My Face" a cappella and the crowd went wild. Then again, they arn't old enough to shove sticks up their asses yet.. lol I would never play this type of music at any of my other bars. Part of being a great DJ/KJ is being able to read your crowd and knowing when and what to play. If you can't do that, then just play it safe with some "Wild Cherry" or if your feeling really crazy, play some "Tone Loc"..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:47 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

First of all these are bars not churches or convents....when you go into a bar you going to hear cussing .....off and on...it just happens...I just personally feel if you cant handle it....leave...as I said before.... more cussing happens from patrons in a bar... then singers on stage.
I would never allow a bar to control the content of a show....I have had some try ...but they learn very quickly...and are remind of the contract they signed..that states...the establishment has no control over the karaoke show...they paid me to come in and do my show....
TRUE!!!!! its their bar..I understand ..but they also understand its my show....if they have a problem with it..its simple don't sign the contract.
Case and point..Ive been doing karaoke since 2001...in all that time only had two bars have a problem with it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:11 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Okay karaoke people. I have a question. There are two karaoke shows on the same night a block away from each other. One show allows profanity and even encourages it and the other show is run at an establishment like the one that Lonnie works at. Which one do you go to? Personally; I go to Lonnie's show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:47 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
Okay karaoke people. I have a question. There are two karaoke shows on the same night a block away from each other. One show allows profanity and even encourages it and the other show is run at an establishment like the one that Lonnie works at. Which one do you go to? Personally; I go to Lonnie's show.

first of all I never said I encourage it..I said I allow it
Free Speech...god given right to say what ever we want
2nd...there are two other shows here in town ..one at applebees..which would not allow it the other not a lot of Explict stuff in his book...the number I have per week are a lot more then the others..so I rest my case...and btw...my singers like my selections...case closed
as far as how many would attend Lonnie show over someone else is not the point.
NOONE HAS THE RIGHT AS A SINGER TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT SING....NOR DOES ANYONE HAVE A RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO PLAY OR NOT TO PLAY as a KJ.....OPPPSSS...sorry...caps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:51 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

The bar owner/manager absolutely has a right to say what can and cannot go on in their bar, and this isn't a rare thing, it does happen all over. If they don't want cussing in the songs over the mic - you either follow what they want as the person that hired you or you don't have a job. So if you are in as a singer - you don't sing those songs. If you are there as a kj, you don't allow those songs - pretty simple.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:23 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

GK: You say that you don't encourage people to sing those songs? How do they know that you have them? Are your singers mind readers? What kind of venues do you do your shows at? Why do you think that the people at Applebees and the other place avoid your show? Do you have a special kind of following? What makes your show so different from the other shows in the area??? Do you do your shows at the same kind of places as an AppleBees or TGIF? I notice that you request or announce that you are hoping for a lot of Broadway show tunes to be produced by karaoke version. Is that why your show is so popular in your area? Do the other KJs not have a large library of Show Tunes or is it the R-Rated stuff that makes your shows more crowded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
KJKILLER wrote:

Personally, I would choose the clean show over the prophane.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
GK: You say that you don't encourage people to sing those songs? How do they know that you have them? Are your singers mind readers? What kind of venues do you do your shows at? Why do you think that the people at Applebees and the other place avoid your show? Do you have a special kind of following? What makes your show so different from the other shows in the area??? Do you do your shows at the same kind of places as an AppleBees or TGIF? I notice that you request or announce that you are hoping for a lot of Broadway show tunes to be produced by karaoke version. Is that why your show is so popular in your area? Do the other KJs not have a large library of Show Tunes or is it the R-Rated stuff that makes your shows more crowded.

it is a mixed of everything....Broadway...x rated......pop..country.....and a mix of anything else I can find...no limits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:28 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:

Personally, I would choose the clean show over the prophane.

And oddly enough, the majority will too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:14 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

GK is trying to attract a racier crowd and I guess that's what he gets. The thread started iout talking about R-Rated songs and now he is clearly stating that what his crowd really likes is X-Rated songs. I'm glad for him that he found some venues that support what he does. I tried to google GK Productions to see where he works but there doesn't seem to be a show listing for his business. His shows seem to be on the down-low. So popular that no one has ever made a comment about them anywhere on line???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:49 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I found an old Gemini Karaoke posting right here on this forum. viewtopic.php?t=15477 He points out that he attracts a Large LGBTQ crowd although the place is NOT a Gay Bar. I guess that kind of explains why people who don't like PROFANITY go to AppleBees instead. I've been to Gay Bars on karaoke night before. It can get quite raucous at times. It was a very sexually charged crowd. Some folks like it like that and some folks don't.