KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaosoft Beta "Sing Next" Song Request Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Karaosoft just announced an ad-on beta app for a wireless song request here: http://singnext.com/?fbclid=IwAR3-xevJp ... JIBHwl_Jdw

Currently it has no automated features, so the info has to be transferred by the KJ.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Personally I think that they are a little late to the game but better pate than never.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

More details:

The next release of Karma supporting SingNext.com virtual slips will utilize a new simplified pricing model of a pennie per slip. Each virtual slip will cost one pennie, which is about what a paper slip will cost you, but without all the work and trash and dead trees. Instead of using a yearly subscription model like with Songbooks Live where a single KJ can host a single book for all the KJs working for him/her, this model is far more fair to the single KJ, where everyone pays a rate more directly tied to their actual usage. To help prevent your account from running out in the middle of a show, it's setup so that when you attempt to open the channel from Karma, you must have at least $1 (100 slips) available in your account before you can open a slips channel.

I've never seen "penny" spelled "pennie":lol: We do ALL have our moments.. don't we?

PS The other day I found myself having misspelled computer.... "computor".... twice in something I had written. We all make mistakes, even Boob.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
mrmarog wrote:
More details:

I've never seen "penny" spelled "pennie":lol: We do ALL have our moments.. don't we?

I believe pretentiousness is a required trait once your name is followed by anything greater than II.

Can't be caught spelling things the same as the rabble you see.

pip pip and all that rot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:

PS The other day I found myself having misspelled computer.... "computor".... twice in something I had written. We all make mistakes, even Boob.

It’s okay, Roger. You’re just having a senior moment. Don’t worry about it, you’ll forget it sooner or later.

A long time back, my memory was as sharp as a tack. Nowadays, I forget words that I have to consult a dear friend of mine named Google.

As long as you don’t acknowledge George after singing - “Let’s hear it for Michael.” Damn, I meet new people every day. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrmarog wrote:

great, now you've done it. now he is going to come back and educate us all on how "Pennie" is the proper way and Websters, Oxford, etc are all run by idiots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:15 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

great, now you've done it. now he is going to come back and educate us all on how "Pennie" is the proper way and Websters, Oxford, etc are all run by idiots.

It's proper to humour him in the UK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Like I said, Bob is incapable of innovation.

He only copies what others have done then pats himself on the back like he's some sort of genius.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
Like I said, Bob is incapable of innovation.

He only copies what others have done then pats himself on the back like he's some sort of genius.

weren't remote request systems for lazy hosts? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

jdmeister wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

It's proper to humour him in the UK

Penny with a "Y" is proper in the U.K. the "IE" is only in the plural "pennies" even there.
he is also in Maryland.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
of course. He'll probably never go to your show even if you're using his remote request.

But he doesn't have a problem with the remote request if he thinks he can make a penny off of every request that goes in and the only way that he can make a penny off every request that goes in is if he is connected to your machine live and through the Internet. During the show.

wouldn't that be scary?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

c. staley wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
of course. He'll probably never go to your show even if you're using his remote request.

But he doesn't have a problem with the remote request if he thinks he can make a penny off of every request that goes in and the only way that he can make a penny off every request that goes in is if he is connected to your machine live and through the Internet. During the show.

wouldn't that be scary?

For me that would be real scary since my show laptop NEVER connects to the internet. That leaves me out!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
For me that would be real scary since my show laptop NEVER connects to the internet. That leaves me out!
I think of I really wanted to cause trouble, I would find out who my local competitors are that use his hosting program and then simply send him e-mails using their return address in the e-mail, and ask repeatedly stupid questions and call him names.

That should get my competitor's licenses revoked pretty quickly.

heh, heh...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:52 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
I think of I really wanted to cause trouble, I would find out who my local competitors are that use his hosting program and then simply send him e-mails using their return address in the e-mail, and ask repeatedly stupid questions and call him names.

That should get my competitor's licenses revoked pretty quickly.

heh, heh...

Better yet, find out their code and send a hundred fake requests to his computer choosing stupid songs like from children's song choices.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:57 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
It cost's who a penny per 'slip'? The KJ has to pay this? Yeah i'd pass too, if I want a remote submission, i'll turn the feature on in SongbookDB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

yes, the KJ.
he is looking at it as instead of paying a monthly fee for requests, you only pay for the requests you actually get. only get 500 per month, pay $5.
actually sounds somewhat logical if you ignore his insults of all companies offering remote requests.
plus...have you seen the interface?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
no desire.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:34 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Lonman wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
no desire.

Me neither!

I would never buy any of Bob's program EVER! He treats customers like they owe him a favor. No thanks! Never did ... Never will!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

No, that would be kiosks that require singers to get up from their seat and find their own song. This is different. It's just a paper slip without the paper. The easiest way for a singer to tell you the song that they already know. I know you think it's the singer's job to "lookup" their own song, but we're just going to have to disagree on that one. This just makes the singers job easier. Crazy concept, right?

My competitors only try to make the KJs happy. I also make sure singers are happy by not letting anything out the door that requires any more work on their part. It's their night off. They're not getting paid to lookup songs. You are. Act like it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

No, that would be kiosks that require singers to get up from their seat and find their own song. This is different. It's just a paper slip without the paper. The easiest way for a singer to tell you the song that they already know. I know you think it's the singer's job to "lookup" their own song, but we're just going to have to disagree on that one. This just makes the singers job easier. Crazy concept, right?

My competitors only try to make the KJs happy. I also make sure singers are happy by not letting anything out the door that requires any more work on their part. It's their night off. They're not getting paid to lookup songs. You are. Act like it.

When I go to a show as a singer, I hate it when there's no way to see what a host has. Before buy on the fly, I hated to ask a host if he had the song that I wanted to sing. So you absolutely know nothing about what singers want. I prefer having the ability to know what the host had. In fact I walk out of shows that I have to walk up to ask if they have such and such a song.
In fact the first thing that goes through my mind if a host doesn't have a way to look through hos library either by book, phone app or kiosk is that this host has something to hide like maybe not legally buying their music.