KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - vocoPro dvx 890k Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: vocoPro dvx 890k
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Just purchased a Voceo Pro DVX890K I am aware the files on a flash drive must be in AVI format.
This unit has a sd card slow I purchased a card reader for my computer loaded the sd card copied the files to the card and inserted card into the player the player indicates the card is empty, thought when placed back into the computer the files are clearly there.
Not sure why player will not read the card

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: vocoPro dvx 890k
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Hi Jake,

I see that the specs for dvx 890 (the official pdf manual) say the sd card reader and usb thumbdrive support MP3 and "DivX karaoke files", with no mention of AVI format. Never heard anyone refer to something called a "DivX karaoke file" before.

What format were your original files in before going on the sd card?

DivX is actually the old MPEG-4 Part 2 codec that never caught on very well -- the most modern .mp4 files use the MPEG-4 Part 14 codec, so I'm not sure, but current mp4 playing software might still handle DivX files. If you have any mp4 files, try those on the memory card and see what happens.

There are programs to convert mp3g files and dvds to mp4, but I haven't ever heard of converting mp3g to straight DivX -- not saying it ain't out there, but DivX is so 90's I don't hear anything about it anymore, which makes this new VocoPro series sound surprising. My bet would be they actually mean it plays mp4's (which would make perfect sense for a "karaoke machine" these days), but they're using the old name DivX because it always sounded catchy. I bought my wife the first-ever dvd player to support DivX around 1997, a Phillips I think it was, and she converted our huge videotape library to DivX discs over several years.

JakeSINY007 wrote:
Just purchased a Voceo Pro DVX890K I am aware the files on a flash drive must be in AVI format.
This unit has a sd card slow I purchased a card reader for my computer loaded the sd card copied the files to the card and inserted card into the player the player indicates the card is empty, thought when placed back into the computer the files are clearly there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
JakeSINY007 wrote:

Penguin is right, that player only supports DVD, DivX, VCD, CD+G, Mp3, Photo-CD and CD/DVD±
it does not know how to read AVI.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:11 am 

The files format was avi for the thumb drive and cd&G for the dvd drive,
I have tried Mp4 Avi and cd&g for the sd card all indicating the card is empty.
I am going to research Divx no idea what that is.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:37 pm 

I have contacted Vocopro all indications are the SD card reader is not working.
The unit is under warranty
Thank you for your suggestions.
They suggested to try Mp3 which I did and the card still reads empty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:39 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
JakeSINY007 wrote:
They suggested to try Mp3 which I did and the card still reads empty
Ah, bad card reader then.

JakeSINY007 wrote:
I am going to research Divx no idea what that is.
Thanks
Sorry for getting so technical. DivX is = MP4, just that using that term might imply an older format MP4. But my guess is they just wanted to sound fancy, and it probably plays any MP4.

So your karaoke files are in AVI format? Many programs will convert those to MP4. I recommend Prism Video Converter Plus, because I use it and it's easy and works well and it wasn't very expensive. You can convert entire folders at once.

AVIs take up like 50 times more space than MP4s, so you're gonna save a lot of space!