KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - HELP!!! Karaoke-Version Songs with wrong numbers... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:49 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
For those that are interested... here is a snapshot of one song from KV and all of the files they sell related to that song... each sellable item has a DIFFERENT number to it (like a barcode on a product purchased at a store). The product number is the same on that item regardless of who purchases it. In the KV catalog picture, I have placed a yellow box around the CDG Item for the song. THAT number is the number at the end of the song when purchasing the karaoke track. The files inside the zip may have a different number than the one on the outside of the zip. I believe the internal number reflects the "songid" (see upper left corner of picture) or folder number used by the production team to identify the administration folder that groups all of the production materials for that song. If you buy just a backing track you will get a file with the number representing the product number for that track (mp3/kar, mp3/ins, or mp3/ntg-voc) depending on if you purchased the original backing track (with background vocals), the instrumental backing track, or the Cover backing track... the other "kar" files are the video files in various formats (mp4, WMV, KVN) and whether you chose color or black background. And of course the first "<preview>" number is what plays when you watch the sample track on the site.

Attachment:
KV Numbering.png
KV Numbering.png [ 83.88 KiB | Viewed 28949 times ]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
DJ Sultan wrote:
3. I am on my third username and password at KV and don't have access to the old purchases
This I don't understand, if you forgot passwords to the original user name you can retrieve it and have access to all your original purchases. Or their support is pretty good in helping getting access to old accounts. May want to try those as well and get access to all the tracks your purchased.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Lonman wrote:
DJ Sultan wrote:
3. I am on my third username and password at KV and don't have access to the old purchases
This I don't understand, if you forgot passwords to the original user name you can retrieve it and have access to all your original purchases. Or their support is pretty good in helping getting access to old accounts. May want to try those as well and get access to all the tracks your purchased.

As I stated below #3 in my post... I am not going to explain why here. You don't need to understand...
I know you are capable of offering alternative solutions... but you managed to again ignore what I am actually looking for.

If you don't have any of these songs or numbers... then you don't. I didn't ask for alternatives, Sir.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

lol ok. Was trying to help with methods that would be of more benefit to you in retrieving the info you were asking for (the numbers) through your own purchases instead of relying on others to give you that info that they most likely do not have anyway. So yes even though they were 'alternatives' than someone just having the number to give you, it was still trying to get you the info you were asking about. There are methods you can achieve exactly what you are looking for with a little work on your part without hoping someone has it to give you. Sorry, will not do that anymore! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DJ Sultan wrote:
As I stated below #3 in my post... I am not going to explain why here. You don't need to understand...

That's where you're wrong. If you're going to ask for help then we DO need to understand. But, whatever. There's nothing we can do for you here. The only one who can help you is KV. That's where you should be directing your questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
dsm2000 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Why do you need the numbers in the first place? I never use them with downloads. My software, CompuHost, allows you to catalog and play any format with and without numbers. And it will assign numbers to your song library (good for using numbers in song books) if you so desire.

But anyway... fu*k the numbers.

Thank you.

If the numbers are not important to you than I'll be sure to load the crappiest tinky tanky tonky midi version I can find when you come up to sing.

If a KJ can't (or won't) tell me if they have a specific version of a song, I'll go elsewhere. If they don't have it, fine. I just don't want to wait through a 35 singer rotation only to have some garbage midi version pushed on me.

While my books themselves don't list the brands, my remote requests app lists the brands and allows the singer to make an informed choice. For those using the books and the mobile kiosk because they don't have a smartphone, the person manning the mobile kiosk will give them the options of the brands to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
dsm2000 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Why do you need the numbers in the first place? I never use them with downloads. My software, CompuHost, allows you to catalog and play any format with and without numbers. And it will assign numbers to your song library (good for using numbers in song books) if you so desire.

But anyway... fu*k the numbers.

Thank you.

If the numbers are not important to you than I'll be sure to load the crappiest tinky tanky tonky midi version I can find when you come up to sing.

If a KJ can't (or won't) tell me if they have a specific version of a song, I'll go elsewhere. If they don't have it, fine. I just don't want to wait through a 35 singer rotation only to have some garbage midi version pushed on me.

While my books themselves don't list the brands, my remote requests app lists the brands and allows the singer to make an informed choice. For those using the books and the mobile kiosk because they don't have a smartphone, the person manning the mobile kiosk will give them the options of the brands to choose from.
But I guess even 'brands' aren't good enough for some songs as a couple manufacturers may have put out a different version within their own line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:51 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I hate to repeat myself but: When you say "ONE" of your KJs; I would think that "ONE" of your other KJs would have the same files on the system that they use and you could just copy that Karaoke Version folder from one system to the other. No? Don't you have a back-up hard drive with the correct numbers in a safe place just for an instance such as you're describing??? One more thing. Most hosting software searches the data base by the title or artist as well as the disc ID so the software would find the song you're looking for even if you had the wrong number. You should also stop being rude to people when you are trying to get other people to do your home work for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
KJKILLER wrote:
I hate to repeat myself but: When you say "ONE" of your KJs; I would think that "ONE" of your other KJs would have the same files on the system that they use and you could just copy that Karaoke Version folder from one system to the other. No? Don't you have a back-up hard drive with the correct numbers in a safe place just for an instance such as you're describing??? One more thing. Most hosting software searches the data base by the title or artist as well as the disc ID so the software would find the song you're looking for even if you had the wrong number. You should also stop being rude to people when you are trying to get other people to do your home work for you.

It depends on what player they are using. If the numbers are that important then it tells me hat they may be using a CAVS system. For me they really aren't that important or I would have included themin both the online and the printed yet I choose neither.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:13 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

KJKILLER wrote:

Why would you assume That? I have 3 kjs working for me on the same system I use.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:

It depends on what player they are using. If the numbers are that important then it tells me hat they may be using a CAVS system. For me they really aren't that important or I would have included themin both the online and the printed yet I choose neither.

He's not looking because of custom numbers, he's looking specifically for the original manufacturer number for each song.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hello... I started a thread about this earlier... but I guess I wasn't specific/clear enough... I am looking for the original KV manufacture numbers for these songs. If you don't have them, DON'T COMMENT! I don't need 20 different alternative ways to get them. I no longer have access to these files I purchased and will not explain why... If you happen to have the original numbers for any of these and can help me out I would be very grateful. If you don't have any of them, I would be very grateful for you NOT posting as well!

Adele - First Love
Aguilera, Christina - I Am
Aguilera, Christina - Save Me From Myself
Anka, Paul - Jump
Anka, Paul - Mr Brightside
Baseballs - California Gurls
Bassey, Shirley - Get The Party Started
Beyonce - Green Light
Beyonce - Radio
Boyce Avenue - One That Got Away
Buble, Michael - Crazy Love
Dion, Celine - My Love
Eagles - Get Over It
Eagles - Last Resort
Eagles - No More Cloudy Days
Eagles - Wasted Time
Ekko, Mikky & Rihanna - Stay
El Cata & Shakira - Loca
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Gipsy Kings - Hotel California (Spanish Mix)
Glee - Jump
Jesus Christ Superstar - Could We Start Again, Please
Justice - DANCE
Knopfler, Mark - Border Reiver
Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
Linkin Park - New Divide
Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
Mayer, John - Back To You
Mayer, John - Heartbreak Warfare
Mayer, John - My Stupid Mouth
Mayer, John - Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Live Acoustic)
Mayer, John - Stop This Train
Mitchell, Joni - Case Of You
Muse - Psycho
Muse - Resistance
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Nelson, Willie - Pancho & Lefty
Oasis - I Hope I Think I Know
Perry, Katy - ET
Perry, Katy - Mannequin
Perry, Katy - Not Like The Movies
Perry, Katy - Thinking Of You
Prince - Gold
REM - Everybody Hurts
Rihanna - PS I'm Still Not Over You
Rufus - Once You Get Started
Scorpions - Always Somewhere
Scorpions - Believe In Love
Scorpions - Send Me An Angel
Sedaka, Neil - Hungry Years
Shelton, Blake - Home
Timberlake, Justin - That Girl
U2 - Running To Stand Still
Underwood, Carrie - Who Are You
Van Halen - Stay Frosty
Young The Giant - Cough Syrup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:28 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hello... I started a thread about this earlier... but I guess I wasn't specific/clear enough... I am looking for the original KV manufacture numbers for these songs. If you don't have them, DON'T COMMENT! I don't need 20 different alternative ways to get them. I no longer have access to these files I purchased and will not explain why... If you happen to have the original numbers for any of these and can help me out I would be very grateful. If you don't have any of them, I would be very grateful for you NOT posting as well!

Adele - First Love
Aguilera, Christina - I Am
Aguilera, Christina - Save Me From Myself
Anka, Paul - Jump
Anka, Paul - Mr Brightside
Baseballs - California Gurls
Bassey, Shirley - Get The Party Started
Beyonce - Green Light
Beyonce - Radio
Boyce Avenue - One That Got Away
Buble, Michael - Crazy Love
Dion, Celine - My Love
Eagles - Get Over It
Eagles - Last Resort
Eagles - No More Cloudy Days
Eagles - Wasted Time
Ekko, Mikky & Rihanna - Stay
El Cata & Shakira - Loca
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Gipsy Kings - Hotel California (Spanish Mix)
Glee - Jump
Jesus Christ Superstar - Could We Start Again, Please
Justice - DANCE
Knopfler, Mark - Border Reiver
Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
Linkin Park - New Divide
Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
Mayer, John - Back To You
Mayer, John - Heartbreak Warfare
Mayer, John - My Stupid Mouth
Mayer, John - Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Live Acoustic)
Mayer, John - Stop This Train
Mitchell, Joni - Case Of You
Muse - Psycho
Muse - Resistance
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Nelson, Willie - Pancho & Lefty
Oasis - I Hope I Think I Know
Perry, Katy - ET
Perry, Katy - Mannequin
Perry, Katy - Not Like The Movies
Perry, Katy - Thinking Of You
Prince - Gold
REM - Everybody Hurts
Rihanna - PS I'm Still Not Over You
Rufus - Once You Get Started
Scorpions - Always Somewhere
Scorpions - Believe In Love
Scorpions - Send Me An Angel
Sedaka, Neil - Hungry Years
Shelton, Blake - Home
Timberlake, Justin - That Girl
U2 - Running To Stand Still
Underwood, Carrie - Who Are You
Van Halen - Stay Frosty
Young The Giant - Cough Syrup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:07 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
login to karaoke-version.com to retrieve all your man codes for your KV purchases.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Pancho And Lefty is KV75365.

I went to https://db.openkj.org/ to look it up.

The number is identical to the one in the name of the zip file, which is one I own.

Granted many of the ones on your list may not be there at https://db.openkj.org/ because they are no longer sold, but give it a try. I only looked up three and had one hit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The number is identical to the one in the name of the zip file, which is one I own.

Granted many of the ones on your list may not be there at https://db.openkj.org/ because they are no longer sold, but give it a try. I only looked up three and had one hit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:16 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Elementary Penguin wrote:

KV has made 2 "Pancho & Lefty"... One that is Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson... the other is JUST Willie Nelson. The number you listed is the Duet and is still available. I also have that song with that number. The one I don't have a number for is the Willie Nelson solo version... it is a different tempo and completely different version. I do appreciate your assistance in trying to get me at least one of the numbers! thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DJ Sultan wrote:
KV has made 2 "Pancho & Lefty"... One that is Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson... the other is JUST Willie Nelson.... The one I don't have a number for is the Willie Nelson solo version... it is a different tempo and completely different version.

Dang, I'd rather have that version. Guess I missed the boat on that one. Maybe that's why the singer I got it for didn't seem too thrilled and only did it twice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:07 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
I don't have any of these files but if you check out icroons they give you numbers there, although I am not sure if these numbers are the original numbers.

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Lonman wrote:
KJKILLER wrote:

Why would you assume That? I have 3 kjs working for me on the same system I use.

Okay. Do you have a back up off all of your songs on a separate hard drive somewhere? Anywhere? Do you have a second system to use if your main laptop dies in the middle of a show? I find it hard to believe that you would be irresponsible enough not to have at least one back-up system or hard drive. What would you do if one of your KJs accidentally deleted one of your folders with thousands of songs in it? Would you have to go back and re-rip all of your Sound Choice songs?