KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke & Zodiac signs Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: karaoke & Zodiac signs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
i doubt what i'm about to get into has been discussed (at least this way) before on here...

my fellow KJs, what do you think--to you, is there a particular zodiac sign that gets the most love every year? i'm saying, we KJs see A LOT of birthdays. but i feel like there's one zodiac sign that gets the most genuine love and everyone to party with them without tension, more than the other signs...what say you?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

wait a minute, first of all i know folks are gonna rush in here all breathless and declare "i don't follow zodiac signs!" the same breathless folks who love to declare that they don't watch tv, don't listen to radio, don't follow trends, didn't register as a democrat or a republican because they're registered independent. yeah, yeah, we know, we know. but anytime anyone discusses tv shows, radio hits and zodiacs, politics they're the first to run in all breathless to state "don't count on me for an opinion, because i don't follow that". like, c'mon, if you don't follow it, if you don't follow zodiacs, please kindly, shut up. for this thread. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:49 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

here's how me thinking about this all began...

yeeeeears ago, one night i'm hosting karaoke and it's some middle-age woman's birthday. i, your typical grizzled KJ barely notice birthdays anymore. but this one i won't forget. i don't know how old the woman was. she was very attractive for someone her age; i'm guessing she was in her 50s (not a diss in any way; i'd say that if she were male or anybody. really.), she didn't sing any karaoke songs. but EVERYBODY came out to mark her birthday. the place was packed. the ages ranged from young to old and everyone had genuine love her for her. people selflessly sang to her. there was no tension in the room despite the diversity. everybody had a good time. she was absolutely beaming and glowing. but so humble, she was, which I LOVED. it was cool that she didn't sing. she didn't talk to me or ask me to do anything. all she did was stand up the entire time smile and clap her hands. beautiful lady. she was the center of attention, she didn't have to sing or do anything. yo, i'm saying, i remember the room showed her so much love, you'd thought she had died.

as it was happening, i was, of course, very jealous. like, how come i never get a birthday like that? if i had one, there'd be crazy tension in the room. i couldn't get a diverse crowd like this to jell for 3 hours like this in peace. nobody would get together for me like that. and i also thought: I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE.

and i started to think, yes, there's like a rash of 30 days every year where i see something close to this. and we see a lot of birthdays as KJs. and i thought: could it be there's one zodiac sign that manages to pull this off every year?

i know, i know, you're gonna groan loudly swear i'm dumb as rocks and say, it depends on the INDIVIDUAL. how nice that individual is, not their zodiac sign; blah blah. sure, we KJs see different birthday parties nightly. we see groups. and maybe it depends on the weather how big the group will be. you're typically not gonna see a big group out to celebrate a birthday during wintery months as much.

the way i remember it, this happened in a summer month. i don't remember it being winter or spring. it was either summer or fall. but i'm leaning towards summer.

well, tonight i had a karaoke party that reminded me of that middle-aged lady, this time with a younger girl and now i'm wondering, is CANCER the zodiac sign that brings out the most folks and have the most genuine, solid bday karaoke parties?

i'm not a Cancer. i'm not trying to rep any zodiac signs but my own. so what say you? has anyone else noticed? is there a particular sign, seemingly, that you think brings out everybody when their b/day comes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:57 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

or anything else you wanna discuss in this thread that relates to karaoke & zodiac signs.

i always felt like every year it seems there's an endless number of sagittarian birthdays. like it never ends.

my grandma was a cancer. so i could see it if cancer brings out everyone to party. if my grandma had a party (god rest her soul), yeah, everyone would be there. she had that ability to bring everyone out. and i mean everyone, not even family members.

i also feel like there's a zodiac sign that gets the least love on birthdays or don't celebrate at all. like the month zips by and there seems to be the least amount of people admitting it's their birthday.

and i don't like it when the actual birthday person is an absolute (@$%&#!). that's what i mean. i feel like there's a break of 30 days every year when i host karaoke bday parties at the regular venue, like any other night and for 30 days that bday person tends to be a genuine, humble, nice person that brings out a huge crowd. and i'm so relieved how the bday person doesn't seem to have an ill bone in their body. and then that 30 days pass and it's back to the real world with obnoxious regular folks i've come to know and love...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
It's nothing to do with astrology. Each sign is associated with a month. Some months have more birthdays than others. Usually 9 or 10 months after people are stuck inside because of something called Winter :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:52 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Elementary Penguin wrote:
It's nothing to do with astrology. Each sign is associated with a month. Some months have more birthdays than others. Usually 9 or 10 months after people are stuck inside because of something called Winter :wink:

Why yes, she was..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:05 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

i think astrology does matter, somehow, even if it's a small amount, it matters. i'm gonna keep my eye on this month/zodiac sign period and see if it 'rings true'.

and one thing i'm forgetting to mention: yes, we're all individuals, not astrological signs, we all have birthdays and we all have people who love and support us. and the weather is also a factor. but i'm saying CONSISTENTLY which astrological sign brings out everybody? is there such a thing. i think there is. i'm gonna go with cancer, for now. i think it may be the one that consistently brings out the most folks and the birthday bearer isn't as much of a pain to deal with...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

and this next thought may take this thread left, but here's an example, that i can think of, where astrological signs kinda come up and where i'm trying to get at, with this thread.

you may not know, but john f. kennedy's presidential election in 1960 marked the first time we elected a gemini president. he's our 30th president out of 45. we were 2 1/2 cycles of possible astrological signs (12) before we elected our 1st gemini president. could be luck of the draw, could be anything. but other astrological signs were elected president at least twice (since there are 12 signs and we were 29 presidents deep at that time) before we picked our first gemini president in 1960 as president #30. this isn't to say any astrological sign is good or bad. i'm trying to look at consistency when i'm asking the opening question above about which astrological sign consistently brings out the party--more than the other 11 signs do? there's gotta be. someone gotta rise out of the pack.

to continue, there has been 3 gemini presidents: kennedy, g.w. bush I, and trump. so far the other 2 gemini: kennedy and bush I, were 1-term presidents. kinda makes sense in this way: if your astrological sign is last to be picked out of 12 due to whatever circumstances, getting 2 terms isn't gonna jump off the bat that quickly either. for example, president clinton and president obama are both leo. and they both had 2 terms.

again, i'm not trying to say any astrological sign is better or worse. i'm looking for consistency of circumstance, and i'm going back to my original question. since we see a lot of birthdays, which sign happens to rise up?

if you don't wanna go with zodiac signs, look at it another way: so far, a majority of our presidents has had blue eyes. first president washington was blue-eyed and current prez trump is blue eyed. out of 45 presidents, i think the number was like 25 or something has had blue eyes. this is not to say any eye color is better than the other. this is to say, which eye color consistently has been elected to the office. so i'm asking which astrological sign consistently is bringing out the most folks, right or wrong, circumstancial or not...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Do you have any idea just how ridiculous this topic is?

It's just as crazy as saying...

Hey, do you feel that people sing better if they eat a hamburger? Of course, if it's a cheeseburger they sound even better yet. I've been watching people's eating habits and how they sound may be related to what they eat. It seems that those who eat hot dogs don't sound as good as those who eat burgers. Don't know why that is.

Yes, the topic "Karaoke & Zodiac Signs" is some crazy sh*t.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:00 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Yeah. I've noticed I sing much worse after french fries -- I think the starch makes my throat sticky. But especially avoid popcorn just before singing -- I've nearly choked to death a couple times.

It's also hard to get food debris out of mic grills.

What were we talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:03 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Sort of like the old Johnathan Winters joke, " I was born under the sign of Leo, Leo's Bar and Grill"! :party: :party: :party: