KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Your goal how come you never learned 2 write your own songs? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Instead you just sing other people's songs... what's the goal in that? It's harder to become famous that way.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:30 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Not going to get famous writing your own either. It's a matter of having the right combination of things including being in the right place at the right time, having a sound that is marketable and of course a good song. Knowing people can help too.
But singing other peoples songs have got people jobs - after the Boston lead singer died, the guy they used for tours was found because he was singing Boston songs so convincingly that the guitarist asked his wife why she was listening to their old shows on Youtube - when she said she wasn't, he came and took a look and tracked the guy down.
I believe Journey's current singer was found as a karaoke singer, there have been a couple other instances but would have to look them up as I can't remember who right now.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
It's mostly about how well your lips attach to the various producer's microphones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
dsm2000 wrote:
It's mostly about how well your lips attach to the various producer's microphones.

Microphone? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:44 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
DADMONSON wrote:
Instead you just sing other people's songs... what's the goal in that? It's harder to become famous that way.

Most people live very happy, fulfilled lives without the need to become famous. In fact, embracing the idea that one must become famous to have self-worth has led many people, famous and otherwise, to live very unhappy lives.

If your goal is to live your life without appreciating the creations of other people, you can only accomplish that by living alone, naked in a cave...something for which you can become famous after your body is discovered.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
If being famous was the goal, a lot of us are in the wrong hobby/industry.

I like karaoke because I like singing, drinking, and being around people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:31 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Believe it or not guys, I was playing devil's advocate... Some people say that singers aren't nothing more than puppets lol while the songwriters are the ones who deserve most of the credit.

So what is your goal when you are doing karaoke or recording yourself singing? Do you have any?

I guess one of my goals is to enjoy the thrill of singing in front of a crowd... and maybe sometimes I just like doing my best and I want to share it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:39 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
DADMONSON wrote:

So what is your goal when you are doing karaoke or recording yourself singing? Do you have any?
My one and ONLY goal when I sing karaoke is to have fun and maybe vent a bad day singing songs that fit my mood secondly. Nothing more. I've been in bands, wrote and produced my own music over the years, I prefer karaoke!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I write parodies... mostly because I love playing with words. I put alternate, usually humorous lyrics to well-known song tracks. It's fun, and usually gets a few chuckles if/when I choose to sing them, or alternately "spring" them on an unsuspecting karaoke singer. There's zero intent to "make me famous".

There are several reasons (my goals) why I host karaoke.., none of which involve me becoming famous. I... (1.) ... love music. (2.) ... like to sing. (3.) ... like to help people be happy. (4.) ... got tired of DJing weddings & corporate parties. (5.) ... make a very good income to supplement my pensions. There are more reasons or goals, but those are a good start.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:06 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Earl wrote:
I write parodies... mostly because I love playing with words. I put alternate, usually humorous lyrics to well-known song tracks. It's fun, and usually gets a few chuckles if/when I choose to sing them, or alternately "spring" them on an unsuspecting karaoke singer. There's zero intent to "make me famous".

There are several reasons (my goals) why I host karaoke.., none of which involve me becoming famous. I... (1.) ... love music. (2.) ... like to sing. (3.) ... like to help people be happy. (4.) ... got tired of DJing weddings & corporate parties. (5.) ... make a very good income to supplement my pensions. There are more reasons or goals, but those are a good start.

As they say in New Orleans, Boo Yah! :clapper:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
DADMONSON wrote:
Believe it or not guys, I was playing devil's advocate... Some people say that singers aren't nothing more than puppets lol while the songwriters are the ones who deserve most of the credit.

I guess one of my goals is to enjoy the thrill of singing in front of a crowd... and maybe sometimes I just like doing my best and I want to share it.

My best is often kind of crappy.

I like going out with people, and being goofy, and drinking, and singing. I mean... that's pretty much it.