KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I'm 85 And They Call Me DJ Nanna Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:44 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Has anyone seen the E-trade commercial where it shows workers in their 80's still having to do a job? It is called "I'm 85 and I want to go home", to the tune of the "Banana Boat Song". There is a scene where there is a lady DJ saying "I'm 85 and they call me DJ Nanna". I just wonder how many hosts will be hosting when they are 85?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Me, LR. I will dj/kj as long as my body is able and functioning well – or until I die. :lol: :banger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVBHxxo3TKE

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) So you are like Earl, "When they pry the mic from my cold dead hand"!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Brian A wrote:
Me, LR. I will dj/kj as long as my body is able and functioning well – or until I die. :lol: :banger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVBHxxo3TKE

If I had a permanent setup like you and Lon I would be at for a long time to come as well. But I don't and I can see my KJ days are becoming less and less. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy it, but there are too many factors coming into play as we age. :grumble:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I know that it is an ad for retirement savings but I will never trust my money anything tied to the stock exchange. Call me misinformed but I feel like I have a better chance of making money from state lottery tickets than being crooked out of my money from the stock market.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I know that it is an ad for retirement savings but I will never trust my money anything tied to the stock exchange. Call me misinformed but I feel like I have a better chance of making money from state lottery tickets than being crooked out of my money from the stock market.

8) Danny you are still young, if you put in a little bit each month into a Roth IRA when you draw out the money the principal and interest will be federally tax free. Invest for the long term in a good balanced no load fund, then 5 years from retirement start moving your money over to a tax free money market account, at the rate of 20% a year from your Roth. By dollar averaging putting in a little per month you will avoid putting it all in at the top of the market, and watching it go down. This is called dollar cost averaging.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

8) Danny you are still young, if you put in a little bit each month into a Roth IRA when you draw out the money the principal and interest will be federally tax free. Invest for the long term in a good balanced no load fund, then 5 years from retirement start moving your money over to a tax free money market account, at the rate of 20% a year from your Roth. By dollar averaging putting in a little per month you will avoid putting it all in at the top of the market, and watching it go down. This is called dollar cost averaging.

Excellent financial information, LR. I am impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Alan B wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Excellent financial information, LR. I am impressed.

And, placing funds in the Roth, you lower your "today" tax rate, resulting in more spendable income now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
jdmeister wrote:
And, placing funds in the Roth, you lower your "today" tax rate, resulting in more spendable income now.

Living in California requires a lot of thinking about how you can save some money for yourself. I know, my wife is from there, and we go there a couple times a year.