KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Ok, I am going to be converting everything to MP4 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:17 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
For the downloads I am going with the colored videos behind the lyrics. For the ones that I have on my hard drive already and future disc imports, I want to use the same color background. I need it to be a color that has never been used for the lyrics whether it's the sweeps or the starting color of the lyrics. Any suggestions?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Converting your existing files to the MP4 format is not going turn those files into HD quality. They will still look the same. Why would you want to bother with this? It's redundant.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Because I want all of them in the same single file format. While it may or may not turn them into better quality. It will personalize the background color of each file and make importing into the database easier for me. I can rip from disc as well. My days of ripping to mp3+g are over.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:05 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
It's actually going to make them look worse, have you ever seen an mp3g converted to a video file? Can you say cheap Youtube quality??

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
It's actually going to make them look worse, have you ever seen an mp3g converted to a video file? Can you say cheap Youtube quality??

I highly doubt that PowerKaraoke would leave out their improvements to cdg that are present in their player out of their cdg to MP4 converter. The only way I can achieve the same effect on the files is to keep using Siglos, now that Isaac has addressed the rotation list size, I can work out the buy on the fly deal without having to worry about the original steps that required me to wait until I got home to do all the renaming.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:58 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Well, you'll find out. Who knows maybe they improved it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Yep, gross waste of time. But have at it. I don't have that kind of time on my hands. There's beer to be consumed.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I want to use the same color background. I need it to be a color that has never been used for the lyrics whether it's the sweeps or the starting color of the lyrics. Any suggestions?

Can you spell T-R-A-D-E-M-A-R-K___I-N-F-R-I-N-G-E-M-E-N-T ??? Actually a trade dress violation but in any case, while the likelihood of a content provider suing you for this type of infringement is small, the benefits don't seem to outweigh the risks. Just sayin'

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

People are doing it all the time using Karafun and Siglos Karaoke Professional, both change the background color of each song. I am just using PowerKaraoke's software to shift all of my songs to the same format. It definitely looks better quality videowise than a basic MP3+G file. Audiowise, I can't tell the difference.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Like I said, the likelihood of getting sued is low, and in fact extremely low. Nevertheless there is still a legal exposure. Just because Karafun or Siglos or any other software app for that matter is capable of altering the graphics of a splash screen doesn't make it legal to do so.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

It doesn't change anything except for the background of the track. The logos are still intact.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Bastiat wrote:
Like I said, the likelihood of getting sued is low, and in fact extremely low. Nevertheless there is still a legal exposure. Just because Karafun or Siglos or any other software app for that matter is capable of altering the graphics of a splash screen doesn't make it legal to do so.

they are not capable of altering the graphics of the splash screen.
the change only the background color, all graphics and logos remain the same.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Such a waste of time.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

With the exception of the older Music Maestro discs, the lyrics are slightly enhanced, the Music Maestro discs seem to be ugly. I think that I will leave the songs that are already in mp3+g format alone as well as any disc that swipes in the same manner as the older Music Maestro discs. Thankfully, I don't have that many. The rate of the discs will converted though.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
People are doing it all the time using Karafun and Siglos Karaoke Professional, both change the background color of each song. I am just using PowerKaraoke's software to shift all of my songs to the same format. It definitely looks better quality videowise than a basic MP3+G file. Audiowise, I can't tell the difference.

their not changing it, it's built into player software and does it on-the-fly.

and yes their power cd+g to video karaoke software will convert the same way. but it doesn't always work correctly.

good luck, but i agree it's a big waste of time. my experience is the moving background will make your drunks dizzy and the older generation cant sing with it because it's to distraction and I have had people walk off the stage because of it.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mightywiz wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

their not changing it, it's built into player software and does it on-the-fly.

and yes their power cd+g to video karaoke software will convert the same way. but it doesn't always work correctly.

good luck, but i agree it's a big waste of time. my experience is the moving background will make your drunks dizzy and the older generation cant sing with it because it's to distraction and I have had people walk off the stage because of it.

I am not doing moving videos. Still pictures only. The only moving videos are on specific MP4 downloads.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Was going to leave it alone just purchase MP4 downloads but if I place my logo behind the lyrics, I can easily identify any song that was originally mine since the only way for anyone to have them is if a drive got stolen from me. I would actually interfere with the show on progress by stepping outside to call the police and let them know that I found my songs. Even if the host got the songs from someone else, I can still have them arrested receiving stolen property.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:01 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I am not doing moving videos. Still pictures only. The only moving videos are on specific MP4 downloads.

I was originally under the impression that you were only changing the background colors, which in and of itself is questionably legal, but now I understand that you intend to either embed (or superimose?) graphics in the display. Unless you are totally unconcerned about the legality of this, if I were you I would most definitely seek a legal opinion from a qualified IP attorney. Furthermore, embedding your logo into the content is without a doubt a trademark infringement, and if the owner of the mark is made aware of your infringement, he/she would have no choice other than to file suit against you for trademark infringement. When the owner of a trademark has been notified that an infringement of their mark has been committed, they must challenge the alleged infringer otherwise it can, and in most cases will weaken the trademark.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I personally think that most companies are not going to like my defense. Gee judge, I can produce every receptor disc to prove the manufacturer got paid. Now they are telling me that I am not allowed to protect my investment by converting my files into a theft proof format. PowerKaraoke has two ways of protecting the Karaoke Host's library. Their first program places either a water mark. The problem with that is that if the thief is bright enough they can circumvent that feature. By embedding my logo behind the lyrics in an MP4 file,I think I have a better way to identify stolen material and I can produce enough evidence for trademark because anyone who sees my logo behind the lyrics are being tricked into thinking that my company is running the show.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Do you have people that work for you that you don't trust? According to many people: over 90% of KJs are pirates. Do you think that you have some songs that the pirates don't already have access to? How many songs do you think you have that a pirate couldn't possibly have already? I could see your point if you were making homemade karaoke files for songs that weren't available ANYWHERE ELSE..